McCains speech implies, we are warring for oil? (...hmmmmm!):

Don't look at me...'He' said it. Watch the vid:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/05/02/mccain-implies-iraq-war-was-about-oil/

"My friends, I will have an energy policy that we will be talking about, which will eliminate our dependence on oil from the Middle East that will — that will then prevent us — that will prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict 'again'...in the Middle East."

~ When was the 'First time?'

Oil is part of it, because we are too environmentally uptight to drill up what's under our own feet. Does anyone here want to live like a Amish? I didn't think so, so we do have to protect the oil supply.

Make you mad? It should. A minority group of tree huggers have put a strangle hold on the idea of us being oil independent by getting Congress to make laws that prevent us from being oil independent. They do want us back living like the Amish.

I believe we have been in conflict in the Middle East more than once before this.!?

At least.. in the 80's & again in the 90's. (maybe wasn't as serious, but still)

I'm starting to think McCain might not be a bad choice.. both Democrats are taking such (petty) cheap shots, & low blows he is looking better every day. lol

He'll probably win just because both of them knock each other out.

Guest Stealthknight

I agree. Do you really not know that we were in the middle east before our current war? But McCain is looking better I will give him that. Im really starting to get annoyed with the current democratic race and its not making me want to vote for either candidate.

Yea, I hear both of you. For 'one' I shake, at the idea of not having electricity, not to mention being gasless, for driving around? I'm just not ready to do without, what we are soo used to...

And since we are in this time of stress. I 'too' think that McCain is a better idea. At least we won't have to worry about someone 'not being experienced enough'. In this time of 'War' McCain is the best solution, especially with North Korea possibly giving Terrorists Nuclear capability. I don't condone what the US did on Hiroshima...but it sure ended the war 'quick as hell!' ~ McCain ain't no punk either! Bet he can't wait to counter some bullshit attacks on us! That would be 'payback' for him being a POW...

Thanks. Quick to type it up ;) And I know when the last time was, I was trying to be sarcastic about How the idea has 'always been' that we were over there for 'other reasons' (WMD, and etc.). First time I heard that we had 'other' reservations for being over there 'straightforwardly'.

President Truman dropped the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Presdient Truman made the right choice. At the time the Japanese government had resorted to Kamakazi attacks (planes crashing into U.S. ships once they run out of bombs) and were unable to supply their forward bases such as Iwo Jima, where those Japenese soldiers were told "you are going to die here, you mission is to take 10 American's with you".

Imagine how bad it would have been on the Japan mainland. Instead of a final push with conventional forces to achieve the victory, President Truman decided to use the A-bomb to save American lives. It may sound harsh, but you have to consider the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor. The Japanese were the first to violate the rules of conventional warfare. I would have preferred that the A-bomb was not necessary, but at the time the Japanese were a fanatical and suicidal group, and I can understand the logic of not throwing our own men up against such a battle if it was avoidable. If in the position to make the same choice under the same circumstances, I would have dropped the bombs.

President Truman was a Democrat. Back in the 1940's, all American's had "stones". So one can't fairly compare the Democratic Party of the 1940's to the Democratic Party of today. There is no comparison. Today, not all American's are interested in victory or dealing harshly with those who attack America.

I do condone what Democratic President Truman did, he saved hundreds of thousands of lives dropping those two bombs. We didn't want any part of WWII, but we were invited by virtue of a dishonorable attack. We didn't start it, didn't want any part of it, but were forced into it. How it ended is not up for debate, in my mind anyway.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Mine Alaska and call it a day 8) Then we can sell our oil to China. :D

Actually all you would have to do is threaten to mine Alaska/ back it up- and apec would increase production and drop prices for us over night- Guaranteed.

I'm buying a hydrogen fuel cell car it runs on water lol we are going back to old water boiling technics I find it funny don't you?

yeah funny till you get in a crash and the guy rescuing you chops right into your cell pack and kills himself.....hahahaha...

and i think we are over their to put force over their we have them all over the world after every war we set up shop in that area...we will always be in the middle east just like korea ,vietnam, japan and so on...we are watching iran right now that is are biggest threat....basically the U.S. is keeping this world from destroying itself at a much faster rate ......everyone bashes Bush but that man has had one of the toughest presidencies i have knowledge of he might not have had the best outcome for shit but just like any prez before they will call him a geniuos in 30 years..........man i could go on and on and on ...but i have squirmy ass baby in mY LAP

VOTE REPUBLICAN REGUARDLESS the democrats are fucking crazy and will turn this country into a eupean type shit.....we need a man with a backbone and a heart with the knowledge and BACKGROUND to lead us ........if you dont know bout McCain check him out.....e a fucking genuine american hero..they were gonna take him out of that pow camp cuz his dad was high ranking man but he refused and stayed and probally saved many many american live ...they is more to the man than you know or think....just the tip(and by no means am i into politics just what i hear)