POISON IVY HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Plus on top of what banshee here said, you are risking the chance of getting a bacterial infection on any area you piss on an open wound. Yes it is sterile when it comes out but it is a bacterial breading ground after being in the open air. You need to wash it off as soon as possible. The only reason using urine for things such as Jelly Fish stings is because urine is a neutralizing substance. It cuts the acidity of the venom in a sting. It doesn't have the same effects on other instances as this. You are doing yourself more harm then good by urinating on yourself.

The fact that you cynical bastards got him to piss on himself in the first place makes me glad I broke down and read this thread.

D, I am allergic to Poison Ivy, and I have had it so bad it swells my throat shut. It isn't funny to the person afflicted, and I feel your pain. Whenever mine got bad enough where it was spreading faster than areas that were drying up, I go to the doctor. They give you a shot that usually has you cleared up within a couple of days. We all know your not afraid of the needle, so quit pissing on yourself, and go see the MD.

Poison Oak, Sumac, and Ivy all possess the same toxin that causes people to react. I've never had a reaction to Oak or Sumac though and I know I've come in serious contact with them before. Ivy on the other hand I've always had very minimal reaction to until this.

The stuff I got was poison ivy and the reason why it got so bad is because of 2 reasons. I burned the stuff along with the rest of the brush I was cleaning up in my yard that day and stood int he path of the smoke, I hadn't realized at the time that I was even near the stuff because I wasn't paying attention for it because it was right in my yard, the last place I'd expect the stuff to be. And also because I kept coming in contact with the same set of boots and gloves that I used that day and because every night last week except for Friday I was reburning in the same fire pit and burning the same brush as kindling to start the fire without really realizing. I went to the doctors today and got a shot a BIG ass shot in my ass along with a prescription for Prednisone. The doc told me to start moisturizing mys kin instead of drying it out and most of the itching has stopped, at least temporarily at this point.

The doctor was astonished at how long I went without coming in to see him sooner, said I was a dumbass for trying to deal with it on my own.

And yes for all who care to know I pissed on myself, well a rag actually and then wiped myself down 2 different times last night. Ever try and control your piss flow to make sure you have enough? It sucks trying to stop mid-pee :-\

Predisone is a steroid. So that should dry it up pretty quickly. I was actually told that itching it DOES NOT spread it. Poison ivy appears everywhere the oil has touched and does not spread other where the oil has touched. I could be wrong though but keep in mind It does not take allot for that oil to spread once a very small amount is on your hands, cloths ect.........P.S. don't ever wash yourself with bleach. Good luck man