Why are there no,

Guest Corruptor310

Guest Corruptor310

Socom Tournaments that play out for cash?

I have not googled that.

Madden has cash payouts -- why not the Socom??

We have a great community here, surely somebody would be interested in sponsoring something like that..................

Guest Corruptor310

okay but with an established base of clans as what you have here.................

hold a few more smaller tournaments to gather in clans with integrity and ability --- so that it is not considered inclusive ------- then have a freaking cash tourney.

with this community serving as its base.

Most people that I know are still very leary about it after Kill 4 Cash. They had "Tourney runners" playin on teams as ringers. Then they would "officiate" any problems under their admin name. It was crooked from the get-go and pissed alot of people off pretty badly to Socom cash tournaments.

Once you start introducing $1,000+ tourneys, clans start crawling out of the woodwork to get a piece of the action. Also, some players and, sadly, clans who see a prize that big in front of them will start pondering some questionable tactics just to pull ahead of everyone else.

In these times...there are some who will shelve their integrity in order to get a little ahead.

That's why here in UF, we have "pay tourneys with some very cool prizes," we'll stay away from the TACMAP tourney that offers, say, $5,000 to the winner because....well....can you even IMAGINE the whining and accusations that would befall a tourney with a prize like that?

With UF, we'd much prefer a small fee for the tourney, a very cool, non-monetary prize for an entire clan and a bunch of clans who are playing it up STRAIGHT for the duration of the tourney. We're willing to sacrifice having the hu-mungo numbers of clans and players here (like GB) to make sure that our tourney arena does not get "infected" by clans who will do ANYTHING to win (like GB).

Undertow ]

Once you start introducing $1,000+ tourneys, clans start crawling out of the woodwork to get a piece of the action. Also, some players and, sadly, clans who see a prize that big in front of them will start pondering some questionable tactics just to pull ahead of everyone else.

In these times...there are some who will shelve their integrity in order to get a little ahead.

That's why here in UF, we have "pay tourneys with some very cool prizes," we'll stay away from the TACMAP tourney that offers, say, $5,000 to the winner because....well....can you even IMAGINE the whining and accusations that would befall a tourney with a prize like that?

With UF, we'd much prefer a small fee for the tourney, a very cool, non-monetary prize for an entire clan and a bunch of clans who are playing it up STRAIGHT for the duration of the tourney. We're willing to sacrifice having the hu-mungo numbers of clans and players here (like GB) to make sure that our tourney arena does not get "infected" by clans who will do ANYTHING to win (like GB).

this is why i love UF, clans fall apart for money, if you want to play for money try doing what i do, go to your local gamestop or something or try to find out if there tournaments being held, in NYC for example i use 311 i have tried finding tournaments for cod4 for ps3 or 360 but all i find are PC, hopefully one day i will get to do one, but these are not clan based but more like free for all tournaments. also if we get many clans here like the huge number in gb eventually it becomes somewhat biased kids that are like 8 years old come in and play the people that always go like ohh clan XYZ sucks and stuff, and i just hate playing with that.

They didn't really do much for our community so we removed our relationship with them from the table.

We keep VERY busy here at UF, whether it's the creators or the Staff or the Rangers.....and we expect any partnerships we may entertain to stay just as equally busy for both their own interests as well as ours.