Pathogen- ]

lets do an analogy:

Halo is to Shooters

as

Street Fighter is to Fighting Games

FOR KIDS!!!!! muahhahahaha

Yet i see you logged in 5 times a week playing Halo 3. lol

Pathogen- ]

yes......but...what does that have to do with my statement? lol reading comprehension 101

Thats what i was going to say.. WTF, pay attention.!?

Street Fighter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter

There look for all the info you want lol, The streetfighter anime doesn't have to be what it's based on it could be an entirely different anime and if you have seen the original street fighter anime you would say that's not Ryu or that's not chun-lee there take a look at that pic.

http://andrewreadscomics.wordpress.com/2007/08/17/the-animation-report-vol-1/

Tekken hasn't around as long as street fighter and I've only seen part of the anime's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_(series)

Here's a sample pic.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/1419/Tekken3.jpg

Heres a list of Anime/cartoons from the 1970s-1990s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Anime_of_the_1980s

Some I can point out that might have a influence on street fighter.

Dirty Pair, Akira, Bubblegum Crisis(which is one of my favorites), Dragon Ball, Fist of the North Star<---really watch that one.

Man, it looks like a few of you missed the point of the question. It wasn't if SF or TEK came first, it was if the games were befire the anime.

Neo, you just got three cool points back with three movies on that list. Akira, Bubblegum, and Fist. ;D

I also gotta agree with Path aboot most anime sucking it up because of the over the top emotion. Also about the stupid ass 50 move combos you can't get out of. Killer Instinct was horrible because of that. How many times do you see more than a 3-4 move/punch combo. Almost NEVER!!!!

Again Tekken > SF ;)

BigMoneyNacku ]

Man, it looks like a few of you missed the point of the question. It wasn't if SF or TEK came first, it was if the games were befire the anime.

Neo, you just got three cool points back with three movies on that list. Akira, Bubblegum, and Fist. ;D

I also gotta agree with Path aboot most anime sucking it up because of the over the top emotion. Also about the stupid ass 50 move combos you can't get out of. Killer Instinct was horrible because of that. How many times do you see more than a 3-4 move/punch combo. Almost NEVER!!!!

Again Tekken > SF ;)

Lol who doesn't like that anime if someone says they don't they haven't seen them lol

Well the older animes are the best but i'm noticing now with all the the adult swim crap that every anime in this modern age is crying, big boobs, perverted Japanese guys trying to touch underage girls...etc. I remember the days of Robotech/macross ie some of the best animes ever made....

Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin are some more great anime

Really those are pop anime like death note and trinity blood and bleach, yugioh, pokemon, digimon...etc....

Try blood the last vampire witch had a new version on adult swime called blood+.Try Vampire hunter D, or Evangelion all good replacements for the animes you see on adult swim try blue gender, Ranma 1/2, flames of rekka, Ah! my goddess try animes hat aren't on adult swim you'll like them better.

Pathogen- ]

bubblegum crisis sucks, Akira is overrated, fist of the northstar was boring...but better than the live action movie lol

Vampire Hunter D was good...the original, not the stupid remake with the vamps going into space. That was retarded

Lol you are funny I bet you enjoy chobits lol...

Pathogen- ]

somehow I'm glad my dip into the nerd world doesn't include knowing what chobits are

Dude everyone is a nerd you play video games, talk on a forum about video games, anime and super hero movies, you say lol when your not even laughing, dude your a nerd accept it already stop denying it with your "dip into nerd world". You know what chobits is so stop hiding everyone who has bin watching anime for more then years must have flashed by chobits. Lol next he's gonna say he doesn't know what hentai is even though none anime fans even know what that is.

seriously, i dont know what chobits are. are they like the stupid big bird creatures from final fagacy? the chocosomethings?

hentai is that gay anime, right? not like undercover gay like anime guys with long hair and feminine features, but hardcore butt lovin' anime

Pathogen- ]

seriously, i dont know what chobits are. are they like the stupid big bird creatures from final fagacy? the chocosomethings?

hentai is that gay anime, right? not like undercover gay like anime guys with long hair and feminine features, but hardcore butt lovin' anime

If you say so man....

ok so i looked it up since no one told me about it. thanks wikipedia.

Chobits (ちょびっツ, Chobittsu?) is a Japanese manga and anime series created by Clamp. Unlike most Clamp stories, Chobits is a seinen series, specifically of the magical girlfriend variety and is commonly mistaken for shoujo because of its strong romantic themes and flowery antics. The manga is set in the same universe as Angelic Layer, taking place a few years after the events of that story, and like Angelic Layer, it explores the relationship between humans and electronic devices shaped like humans. Chobits branches off as a crossover to many other stories in different ways, such as Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic. The series has spawned a video game as well as various merchandise such as figurines, collectable cards, calendars and artbooks.

So....pretty much it is getting "romantic" with androids? ::)