the presidential debate

Haha! Great point Hippie Chick! LOL

Poll: Palin's Approval Rating Drops in Alaska

by RandyMI, Wed Sep 24, 2008 at 04:00:53 AM EST

The more people learn about Sarah Palin, the less they like her. That has certainly been true on the national, and, according to a new Ivan Moore Reasearch poll, the same is happening in Alaska as well.

In a new survey conducted September 20-22, Ivan Moore Research finds Sarah Palin's positive-negative rating in Alaska taking a real hit, for the first time since Palin was elected in November 2006. The survey was conducted with 500 likely voters in the State of Alaska, for a margin of error of 4.4%. The track of the last five Palin ratings is as follows, along with a comparison point from January 2008:

SURVEY

Rating --

January 2008 --------------------------- 82-11

July 18-22, 2008 ----------------------- 76-18

July 30-31, 2008 ----------------------- 78-15

August 9-12, 2008 ---------------------- 80-13

August 30-September 2, 2008 ------------ 82-13

September 20-22, 2008 ---------------68-27

The mid-July poll was fielded just after the Trooper Wooten controversy broke. The positive rating of 76% was down from previous measures in the 80's. Despite negative press from the Troopergate issue, the subsequent three polls through the end of September showed Palin's positive rating steadily increasing, and her negative steadily dropping. But in the last three weeks, we've seen damage, with a swing of 14 points from her positive to her negative.

There is no disputing that 68% is still high, of course there is also no indication that her slide is over yet. I have been reading that part of her high approval rating was due to $100+/barrel oil and the generous $1200 checks that went out to residents. Hell, if she gave me $1200 even I would smile. Another factor, I believe, is that the national spotlight is much more likely expose your shortcomings than an easily managed state press corps. Again, her numbers are still high, but let' see if she has stopped the slide.

http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/9/24/4053/69996

Guess that frogs asses ain't hitting the ground no more. LOL I found it buddy. It's not 80% anymore my good conservative friend. It's 68%... which still is high as the article says. You better hope she hits is out of the park this Thursday though, or she's toast. ;D

Oh and here is how the left leaning MSNBC cut up that very same video. I dont see much bias... Do you?....And please watch long enough to listen to what Paul Reickhoff has to say... He is former military is he not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq-u5N04yU4

Oh yeah and McCain Has asked for 57 million in earmarks.. When this was reported his campaign called in and said that 9 million werent earmrks and the news person corrected thier report.

Hmmmm.... rapid fire eh? LOL.

OK, first, the drop in ratings.

MyDD.com is a BLOG with hard left leanings. As a matter of fact, one of the former writers for the DailyKos is now writing for MyDD.com, his pen name is Alegre. For those who don't know, the DailyKos is extreme left leaning, the only people close to them is MoveOn.org, you know, the people that are so far left they attacked Clinton during the Democratic Primaries. Thus why Alegre left DailyKos and landed at MyDD.com which used a poll from another BLOG, the title of the blog?

Progressive Alaska

Spreading the word about the growing presence of progressive Alaskans and their powerful ideas on the web

I was hoping to see a poll from a news organization. But WarPig is correct, on a Democratic and Progressive blog site's, Republican Governor Palin has dropped 14 points in approval. Everyone is free to give that data as much revelance as they see fit. I guess it could have been worse, it could have been a poll from Faux News.... :-X

On the McCain video. So what's the problem? Just because some guy in an audiance say's it is so makes it so? Of course it doesn't.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/does_mccain_have_a_perfect_voting_record.html

He said that he had "a perfect voting record from organizations like the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the American Legion." But we called both of those groups, and they told us they don't even release congressional scorecards. In fact, the American Legion's constitution prohibits it.

The veteran in this exchange was also wrong in saying McCain doesn't have a perfect voting record with the VFW (since such a record doesn't even exist). However, he is correct in that McCain doesn’t have a perfect score with DAV (Disabled American Veterans), a group of 1.3 million disabled veterans that supports more funding for veterans health care. McCain has a 20 percent record of voting the way DAV would like him to in 2006. The group is nonpartisan, but its 100 percent rankings disproportionately go to Democrats: 207 Democrats in Congress and only 13 Republicans received scores of 100 percent in 2006. Senators were evaluated on five votes for amendments that would have increased funding for veterans’ health care.

We don't know to which of McCain's votes this veteran was referring. But we'll note that we recently criticized an AFL-CIO ad that said McCain voted against increasing health care benefits for veterans, when McCain actually voted against Democratic measures but for alternative measures to boost funding by smaller amounts.

So without knowing which bills McCain didn't support that the DAV wanted him to, it could have been a terrible piece of legislation and needed to vote against. I was suprised by that fact, but I'm not afraid of the WHOLE truth. McCain is a fiscal conservative, and sometimes when it comes to spending money fiscal conservatives will say "no" on occassion, I don't have a problem with that. The DAV has lobbyists that lobby for them at Congress, I'm sure some of the things they lobby for are good things, but I doubt everything they lobby for is a good thing. I'd have to look at each one on it's own merits. I checked the DAV site, I couldn't find anything concerning McCain.

I wouldn't expect any less response from you Hog. So a left leaning blog, which you have not proven it to be, holds no truth in those polls. I heard the same poll quotes on msnbc, cnn and even faux. ;) Oh course you won't talk about why she is falling in the polls, but only say "those are leftist" blogs. LMAO!

The point is he keeps lying about his prefect voting record. He doesn't. Those organizations have said it. He just keeps lying. Point blank lying.

I wouldn't expect any less response from you Hog. So a left leaning blog, which you have not proven it to be

The blog site that was the source of the poll of the blog site you referred to:

http://progressivealaska.blogspot.com/2008/09/saradise-lost-chapter-eighty-five-palin.html

Bottom right hand of the page, the count is up to 96 anti-Palin blogs and 0 pro-Palin blogs. But I suppose you would call that "fair and balanced"? LMAO

And just out of morbid curiousity. Since when exactly, WarPig, did you start caring about the U.S. Military. I brought them up in the other post, and you dismissed them asking what did that have to do with the rest of America.

Hog, and how is this effecting the american ppl today? Is this hurting your business right now? Are you making more and doing better then you were 8 years ago? Let's stick to shit that matters. Yes, I will leave it up to CONGRESS, who is WE THE PPL... and Jack Murtha is an ex-marine perfectly capable of doing the right thing. So, yes... I trust him.

Was your response to my SOFA discussion about those currently and in the future deployed to Iraq. If you have never served in the military, I can understand you position on SOFA in forgiegn countries. What I can't understand is how you can care so passionately about one group of military members no not be concerned about active deployed military members.

First of all you explain to me how I'm dissin or saying anything bad whatsoever about our military. Explain that to me before I go off half cocked please. I've never said anywhere in this forum that I don't care about our military men and women.

If you're talking about the exploited military stories John McCain keeps bringing up, then yes. I stand by my statements there. That has nothing to do with what's going on right now here in America. It's a cheap shot to exploit the service of a man who has died for McCain's political gain. Plain and simple. That has no place in politics.

You can call that blog whatever you want Hog, I've seen the same reported on Faux, CNN and MSNBC. So are they all leftist? Even Faux?

heh...

you ever notice I have to prove everything I say, but you say what you want and expect to be believed without question? so I only say to you what you have said to me on more than a few occassions.

proof. proof of those poll numbers on CNN, MSNBC (hack news station it is), or FoxNews. each one of those has a website that mirrors the reporting that which is reported on the TV. if what you say is true it shouldn't be hard to find.

I've already posted your quote of you dismissing deployed military and asking "how does that affect the American people" when I was discussing the Iraq SOFA. Don't get mad at me, you said it.

Once again that victim role is not befitting you. I have kept up with you in these threads with my own "sources" and proof. Don't try and paint it like you are the only reputable poster there. Most stuff I post that refutes, you make no comment on. ::)

I said nothing derogatory about our troops. You, just like most news pundits, want to take my statement out of context. How about posting the whole post instead the part you want to exploit as me saying our troops don't matter? I'm not mad, more amused by your tactics. Very typical. What's your name over a politico btw?

Victim? Victim? Victim?

Still stuggling to make a point without resorting to negative characterzations huh? I understand. It's OK, if I had feelings they might have been hurt.

Probably a good time to stop before this get's shut down by someone else. My will power for not responding to negative characterzations towards me on a personal level with some negative characterzations from me is fading fast. Peace towards you WarPig. God know's I don't agree with you on political or social issues, but I respect your right to feel the way you do.

HogWild ]

"Spinning" several times This is NOT a negative characterization.

"Bill OReilly's right hand man" This I already apologized for.

"Kool aid drinking" Also apologized for.

"Victim" This is NOT a negative characterization.

Since you asked. Peace.

It's cool. I'm good with a break. I think your timing is strange when I called you out to post the whole post and explain how I'm dismissing our troops, but hey... I'll let the people decide for themselves. ;)

Since I was asked:

Page 12 of the Obama or McCain thread.

HogWild ]

WarPig, the SOFA protects our servicemembers from being prosecuted in forgien countries unjustly, and states specifically under what circumstances they can be prosecuted.

So you want to leave that decision up to the likes of Democratic Congressman Jack Murtha?

Immediately following that with no posts between them:

Hog, and how is this effecting the american ppl today? Is this hurting your business right now? Are you making more and doing better then you were 8 years ago? Let's stick to shit that matters. Yes, I will leave it up to CONGRESS, who is WE THE PPL... and Jack Murtha is an ex-marine perfectly capable of doing the right thing. So, yes... I trust him.

With another dismal day in the stock market and are economy in a constant downward spiral into the crapper, I can't imagine one american wanting to support 4 more years of this. Johnny Mac has mirrored Bush's economic policies and even said once again today, "the fundamentals of our economy are still strong" He is so out of touch it isn't even funny. He even admitted, "The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should,†McCain said in December 2007.

This is the number one issue in America right now. What you say about your party that has failed miserably at this? That's the real issue Hog.

Is there anymore questions about my timing? I'll tell you my motive without asking. This is a tournament site, this converstaion is going down a dark hole, and I don't want to continue to push the envelope.

If you want the last word. You can have it as long as you don't ask me a question or mention my name.

Peace. The last word is yours.

Hog, this isn't about last word for me. I was just surprised that you took this, "I'm being attacked by you" stance. I have no problem with you and have enjoyed our banter between each other. What I took exception to was your suggestion that I somehow didn't care about our service men and women. As you can clearly see by the whole post, I was responding to you post about something that has nothing to do with the elections or this thread. I ask you what does that have to do with anything? That's not remotely close to me "dismissing" our service men and women.

Again I have no problem with you and our debating. I don't believe we are headed down any "dark hole". I ask you in one of these post what you profile name is over at politico. If you like we can carry this over there, I don't mind... or just leave it all alone. Whatever you like man. No hard feelings at all bro. :)