Question for College Football Fans

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

I would like to hear some good, honest, intelligent answers to the following question:

With the EXCEPTION of USC, wht makes the PAC 10 any better than the Mountain West conference or the WAC?

I dont know much about all of the conference details, etc.. so im just throwing this out there.

1st Maybe "the exception" USC is the reason.?

Does there have to be more of a reason.?

2nd (keep in mind i dont know much about the conferences) what do the other conferences have that make them better.?

Do they have 3, 4, or more Powerhouse teams lke USC.?

Arizona used to be a hell of a team

ASU isn't bad on avg.

Stanford/Cal has made a few decent runs in past years. (i said decent ;D)

I'm sure somebody else can post about Ore, & Wash.

But what is it that makes any other conference better.?

Big 12 has OU

Big Ten has OSU

Big East has no Powerhouse

Etc, etc..

Also where or who said that the Pac Ten was any better than Mountain West or WAC.? (They're all Division 1-A)

I mean Brigham Young i believe is good THIS year, but what else has the Mountain West done in the last 20 years.?

And besides Hawaii, & Boise fluke years what else have the WAC done..?

I would say the Pac Ten has done a lot more than both in the last 20 years.

**like i said this is all in my opinion, & based on what little i know about it all** ;D

I feel that the pac 10 stands out from any other conference because of all the upsets. Yea i am an oregon fan and i am sporting a oregon shirt as i type this. But the pac 10 is so unpredictable. I mean look at USC and Oregon State last thursday night. No one thought OSU had a chance. But they beat them. Stanford beat USC last year. Last year when Cal came up to Oregon. No one thought cal would beat us at home. But they did! I was at the game and it was very sad. If you look at the Pac-10 standings. It is still anyone's conference.

Thats what i think.

xPUDDYTATx ]

look at the MWC against pac 10 teams this year, or the WAC vs. pac 10. the only reason the pac 10 is a BCS conference is because of USC.

So im gonna have to say there is your answer. ;D

How did they do vs MWC, & WAC.?

Also they cant just downgrade a conference because the majority has a bad year. shyt would get way too confusing. lol

Chili-Palmer ]

I dont know much about all of the conference details, etc.. so im just throwing this out there.

1st Maybe "the exception" USC is the reason.?

Does there have to be more of a reason.?

2nd (keep in mind i dont know much about the conferences) what do the other conferences have that make them better.?

Do they have 3, 4, or more Powerhouse teams lke USC.?

Arizona used to be a hell of a team

ASU isn't bad on avg.

Stanford/Cal has made a few decent runs in past years. (i said decent ;D)

I'm sure somebody else can post about Ore, & Wash.

But what is it that makes any other conference better.?

Big 12 has OU

Big Ten has OSU

Big East has no Powerhouse

Etc, etc..

Also where or who said that the Pac Ten was any better than Mountain West or WAC.? (They're all Division 1-A)

I mean Brigham Young i believe is good THIS year, but what else has the Mountain West done in the last 20 years.?

And besides Hawaii, & Boise fluke years what else have the WAC done..?

I would say the Pac Ten has done a lot more than both in the last 20 years.

**like i said this is all in my opinion, & based on what little i know about it all** ;D

I know you put your disclaimer in but I need to point out Boise State was and is not a fluke. Boise State was a cinderella story two years ago sure but look now they are ranked still.

Also to fill in your previous statement.

The Big 12 has OU, Missouri, Texas, Texas Tech and kansas to name a few. WAY deeper than the Pac-10.

The Big ten has Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan(not doing so well but historically amazing).

All of these teams with the exception of my Illini are very strong, recognizable programs. I'm sure the historical strength of a conference plays a major part in rankings and popularity. If the SEC fell apart this year and next people would still say its stronger than others just because of how strong it was in the past.

The Big 12 has OU, Missouri, Texas, Texas Tech and kansas to name a few. WAY deeper than the Pac-10.

The Big ten has Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan (not doing so well but historically amazing).

ok wait.. what have all of these teams done.?

I know Mizzou was great last year, & Michigan does normally do well on avg, but other than that what sets the others apart..?

Have they all been ranked, &/or been in BCS games in the past few years or what makes them better.?

Chili-Palmer ]

The Big ten has Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan (not doing so well but historically amazing).

ok wait.. what have all of these teams done.?

I know Mizzou was great last year, & Michigan does normally do well on avg, but other than that what sets the others apart..?

Have they all been ranked, &/or been in BCS games in the past few years or what makes them better.?

These schools have been in and around the top for a long time. Michigan has an amazing record through the years. So does Ohio Ste and Wisconsin etc.

Overall the Big XII is the best conference in college football right now. SEC is close but they can beat up on each other all they like.

One team from the Big XII WILL be in the national championship game. Whether they face USC, OSU, PSU, LSU, Florida or Alabama is yet to be seen. I frankly think no one else has a chance. And I agree this whole BCS/ Non BCS conference shit is garbage.