Resistance 2 beta: detailed information

Ok, I just figured I would give a detailed review for anyone asking questions about the beta for Resistance 2

When you first start up the beta, you can choose from cooperative and competitive game modes. Then you also have Community and options underneath that.

Cooperative- Co-op in this game can be 1 or 2 players, depending on how you want to play. When you click on cooperative, you can go into play, find game, create game, offline game, and equipment room. If you want 2p at any time, they just have to turn on the controller and press start. Yes, you can play 2 player co-op online, it shows up in a party for me as "sharkbait2" and "sharkbait2(2)".

When you click on play, you quickly hop right into a game and start playing.

When you click on Find game, you can select what game you want to play (by seeing game name, map, gametype, and how many people are playing in that game).

When you click on create game, you have the options of naming that game to whatever you want, picking a map to play, the max players allowed, you can make it a private game if you choose, and have the option to make it so nobody can join after the game has already started.

In the Equipment room, you can your extra gun to use, what your face looks like, and an armor/weapon upgrade you can buy with "grey tech" when you reach a high enough level.

There are 3 classes you can choose from. Soldier, Medic, and Special Ops.

A soldier carries the strong guns and deals heavy damage while having a high heath bar.

The medic can heal players who are hurt. (And can do this as many times as you want without running out of anything)

and the Spec ops can give ammo to players when they run out. (you can give out as much ammo as you want without running out, but to give ammo, your ammo bar has to charge up)

They all have different guns, health, and abilities. So to complete a co-op game, you must have all 3 classes together in one game working as a team, or you're going to get you ass kicked.

Basically, to summarize a co-op game, you can have anywhere from 2-8 people working as a team against computer enemies. Think of it as single player, but with 7 other people working as a team (with or without mics) with different classes to beat a level. Each level takes about 45 mins. to beat, depending on how well your team is balanced.

The leveling up system is kinda weird, but cool.

You have 2 different kinds of leveling up. You can level up you class and you can level up your overall character. My soldier is level 6, my medic is 3, and my spec ops is 4.... but my overall character is only level 2. When you get to high enough levels, you can use "grey tech" which you get by playing co-op and killing big bosses to buy upgrades for armor and weapons.

Here is a pic of my soldier loadout to give you an idea:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c289/sharkbait__/img1224892258381.jpg

Competitive- Not much to say about competitive, you have you basic deathmatch, team deathmatch, and them some special gametypes with different objectives. Here you can choose to jump right into a game, find a specific game, create a game, and your equipment room.

With your equipment room here, you have 2 different classes. Human and Chimera.

With a human, you can choose you gun, the looks of your outfit, change the look of your face, choose 2 accessories, and a backpack.

With a Chimera, you can choose you gun, type of chimera, look of your face, 2 things of armor, and you heatstack. I haven't unlocked anything for heatstack yet, so I'm not sure what that does.

The last thing I'll type about is the allies menu. with this menu, you can see your friends list, your party, and your clan page.

Friends list- With this section of the menu, you can see all of your friends(obviously) and see if they are offline, online, playing in a resistance 2 game, or if they are in the lobby. If you click on their name, you can invite them to your party, ask to join their party, and view their resistance profile with their loadouts and guns.

Party- Here, you can view the people in your party. Also, there are a few options to go along with the party.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c289/sharkbait__/img1224893169559.jpg

Clan- The clan feature isn't available in the beta, so not much info on this.

When you're in a lobby waiting for a game to start, you can click on peoples names, and mute them, add them as a friend, or just invite them to your party, which is kinda cool.

Sorry if it's a little confusing, but I hope this helps :)

CDBS14 ]

beta is great. there is no lag' date=' which amazes me. Last but not least, damn the monsters in co-op are hard as hell to kill, you can shoot these guys till the end of time.

[/quote']

yeah, insomniac uses dedicated servers, which means they host their own servers, they don't have somebody else do it like cod4. Way better quality.

I haven't played the beta but G4 had a special on Res2 the other night and they should video of the NEW

EIGHT yes 8!! that's Eight player co-op! Eight players against some really hard AI"s.. they also showed some of the new 60 man that's right SIXTY! man online play! I gotta say Resistance 2 will be getting some game play from me.. Official release is election day.. online versus mode for this game doesn't interest me that much.. Single play on the first game was fun as all get out.. but playing Eight man co-op is something I'm looking forward to giving a go.