Microsoft caught with their pants down?

My experience :

I too had a ps2 that scratched every disc i put in it. I never tilted it or even moved it for that matter. It ruined almost every game i had eventually. So when ps3 was coming out i contacted Sony with a letter stating my extreme displeasure with their product and that i might be tempted to switch my loyalties when the next -gen consoles were ready to launch. I received a response from a rep that told me that they knew there was a problem with that and it wasn't publicized at all, but they had a program to fix or replace them at no cost. I had to send my system to an authorized Sony repair shop. Keep in mind my system was about 3-4 years old. They also gave me an address to send the damaged games to. If it was a Sony brand game they sent me a brand new one, if it was from someone else, they gave me a coupon for the "Blue Book" value for it. I found out it wasn't something actually touching the disc, cuz nothing does touch it except the laser. It was an error with the power level of the laser actually burning into the plastic coating.

My kids have an x-box and it too is scratching all their games.

Chili-Palmer ]
Cynical2U ]

I had the fat PS2 until I replaced it cause I thought it was fucked but it turned out to be my power cord. I dont have a PS3 yet I just use my roommates. I also agree with you that Nintendo make a near flawless system it is just to bad that most of the games that they have are kid oreinted.

Prane I think you need a new phrase "fanboy" In my opinion is a little bit of a gay name for some one who likes a product over another, why would I be a fan of a system that wouldn't even tell the public about something that they made has potential to damage things that are meant to be used with it regardless of the fact if you tip it to one side or another. also wont even spend the 50 cents to fix the issue before the public buys it. That sounds a little stupid to me. and again this is just my opinion and it doesn't make me a fanboy, I buy quality things cause I work hard for my money and I'll be damned if I just hand it over to a corporation who wont even provide me with a quality product, saying that is something that is all in the opinions of different people.

Damn dude, are you that ignorant..?

BOTH systems will damage your disc.

PS3 is the exact same way (PS2 also). Show me where Sony tells you & where Microsoft doesn't.!?

You are just buying into a Yahoo news story that is anything but news to most of us gamers.

Dont be dumb dude..

God damn, its like you're not even trying to pay attention here. :shakes head:

Prane just laid it out for you, but you just act like that part of his post didn't exist.

All the more reason people will say fanboy..

You just gave the perfect example of a fanboy. lol

Ok chilli just because you want to read more into what I put that is your own problem everything that I put down in these posts are based on MY personal experience and no one elses I HAVE NOT had ANY problems with ANY sony product so that makes me stick up for them. and really it is pointless to try to convay your own opinion on any forum on the web, you will always find people like you who think they know everything. hell I had a sony discman that fell on a concrete floor and broke the CD inside but still worked fine, to me that is quality. I had a original PS2 for 7 years and didnt replace it I bought a new one cause I thought it was fucked but like I already said as it turned out it was a power cord. and I am not going to sit here and say I know everything about video game systems and video games in general because I dont, I just can say this is what problems I didnt have and I can leave it at that. I think Microsoft is nothing but a money grubing company that doesn't give two shits about the people that got them where they are and that is us the consumer.

-Rooster- ]

classic!

A guy that doesnt have either system has such STRONG feelings towards one and such hate towards the other.

The reason they didnt fix it was to weed ou the morons. Thoset that toss around thier 360 while playing games should be playing games. ::)

Its like saying dodge didnt fix thier tires because when you run over nails, they go flat.... DUH!

And the FanBoys Live again LOL.

Well back to go read yahoo incase the came up with some earth stopping news.

No I donot have either system there Rooster, but that doesnt mean that I know nothing, however my roommate has both so I can play either one whenever I want I have tried them both. say someone doesnt have a rolls royce but they know everything about them does that mean they cant have a opinion just because they dont have one? and the comparison with the tires is just a retarded one, it would be like saying the car company not telling you that the "E" on the gas gauge means empty and you should fill it up.

Cynical2U ]

I think Microsoft is nothing but a money grubing company that doesn't give two shits about the people that got them where they are and that is us the consumer.

That is my only problem with your statements Cyn. You are singling out MS for this crap, when it is damn near EVERY major corporation. Sony is JUST as guilty as MS in this regard.

The fact that all these corps only stand behind their product as minimally as they have to says alot about our society these days. I do loads of warranty work on stuff out of warranty for my customers and they are completely floored by it. It's because nobody does that anymore and we look like saints for doing the right thing.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Cynical2U ]

I think Microsoft is nothing but a money grubing company that doesn't give two shits about the people that got them where they are and that is us the consumer.

That is my only problem with your statements Cyn. You are singling out MS for this crap, when it is damn near EVERY major corporation. Sony is JUST as guilty as MS in this regard.

The fact that all these corps only stand behind their product as minimally as they have to says alot about our society these days. I do loads of warranty work on stuff out of warranty for my customers and they are completely floored by it. It's because nobody does that anymore and we look like saints for doing the right thing.

Yes I agree with you Money, Yes all corporations are money grubing whores but some put a product out that is very well built with few issues, That really is all I am saying. Myself I hate corpoations they have fucked this world so badly just look at the economy right now all because of greedy corporate bastards. I dont mention sony's products because I have yet to purchase something from them that has failed on me.

You have to remember that when it comes to electronics manufacturing the expected fail rate is 3%. Sony is VERY good when it comes to that. Unfortunately for Microsoft the XBOX put them way over that with the red ring issues. At any given point someone will have a product fail, it happens!

So think about it. IF 10 million units are made they expect 300,000 to fail. If less then great if more then they need to look at what is going on.

I read that the 360 was in the 43% failure rate. 4.3 million units fail out of 10 million, that would not be good.

Cynical2U ]

Yes I agree with you Money, Yes all corporations are money grubing whores but some put a product out that is very well built with few issues, That really is all I am saying. Myself I hate corpoations they have fucked this world so badly just look at the economy right now all because of greedy corporate bastards. I dont mention sony's products because I have yet to purchase something from them that has failed on me.

But you have no problem mentioning Microsoft, because you have had their products fail on you..?

My point earlier was that you say:

Cynical2U ]why would I be a fan of a system that wouldn't even tell the public about something that they made has potential to damage things that are meant to be used with it
But that is COMPLETELY wack..

YOU ARE "a fan of something that they made has potential to damage things that are meant to be used with it" - SONY (PS2 & PS3)

Both systems have that same potential, so my point is that Sony wouldn't tell the public either, you are just blaming M$ because Yahoo posted a stupid story, with Xbox in the title.!

Which = Fanboy ;D

You dont care if Sony does the EXACT same thing, you just want to point the finger at M$.

and you dont want to say anything bad about Microsoft there Chilli so getting on my case about this is a little stupid and it also makes you a "fanboy" (fuck I hate that term so stupid). and my opinion about microsoft has always been the same, if i could have afforded to buy a Mac I would have but instead I have a PC loaded with the crap that dell sent to me by Microsoft and I hate it, the only useful thing by microsoft is Excel. Oh and by the way did you by chance hear about the major flaw in IE the other day in the news, I cant remember all the details but the jist of it was people explioting a small security feature in IE and hijacking your computer. This was something very new to MS but they had it fixed in 8 days. so really Microsofts issues are not just with the XBOX now this is something that I skimmed through while at work so there is probably things that i completely missed. I dont like to use microsoft but I kind of have no choice cause i am not a rich guy. and Honestly if I had a peice of shit product from sony I would stop buying sony but that has never ever happened so why would I turn from a reliable company? I know that just because i dont have any issues with it doesnt mean that someone else did. that is why I say this is all based on PERSONAL experience.

SHANE23 ]

You have to remember that when it comes to electronics manufacturing the expected fail rate is 3%. Sony is VERY good when it comes to that. Unfortunately for Microsoft the XBOX put them way over that with the red ring issues. At any given point someone will have a product fail, it happens!

So think about it. IF 10 million units are made they expect 300,000 to fail. If less then great if more then they need to look at what is going on.

I read that the 360 was in the 43% failure rate. 4.3 million units fail out of 10 million, that would not be good.

so here is my point chili if the above quote is accurate (I dont have time to look into this at work) sony has a 3% failure rate and XBOX 43% failure rate how can you possibly back a product like that?

SHANE23 ]

I doubt 360 is that high. Granted it is much higher than it should be, but I don't see 43%. I also would bet that when the numbers come out ps3 will be higher than 3%. I've been seeing alot of failures reported all of the sudden everywhere on the interweb.

Money, the 43% was what was reported, I don't know if we will ever see accurate numbers.

I have yet to see a scare for the PS3 and like I said 300,000 for 10m units. So if 50,000 pop up, it may look like a lot but it is still under that 3% threshold. Also that is what is EXPECTED sometimes it may higher or lower.

Cynical.. I'm not saying Xbox or M$ is perfect, but this thread is about something that is an issue on ALL game systems, & you acted like Sony's systems dont have the same problem. (Sony's shit dont stink = Fanboy)

Yes Xbox 360's have had major problems with RROD, but my point has NOTHING to do with that, im not debating the RROD (i've personally had no RROD) PS3 has a yellow light of death (YLOD), but it is not as bad, but it still exists.!

So are you telling me that you wont be buying a PS3 because it could possibly have a YLOD.?

This thread was lame to start in the first place, just as it was lame for Yahoo to make it news, when it is completely nothing news worthy.! (or even "new" for that matter) Which is why this whole thing is stupid, because anyone complaining or backing Yahoos story is a fanboy. (yes Fanboy is a lame word, but most of us are in some way or another ;D)

Trust me i know most people think i am a 360 fanboy, but i dont think so. in my mind im just playing on the far superior system, but as we all know a lot of you dont agree. If you have played on both, & dont think so, then there is not much anyone can do to change our minds..

I mean lots of people bought gremlins too. lol

gremlin1.jpg

Lots of people wonder why they bought it, but sometimes you just cant see it from their point of view.. ;D

chili, I am not arguing with anybody. I am just stating the norm for electronic manufacturing. Personally I am going to invest my money in to something that will last. If 360 didn't have such a high failure rate I probably would have gotten one, I just didn't want to take the chance.

I use to work for Motorola. When their phones were made in the US I bought Motorola, they WERE awesome! Now I won't touch them! Everything made in China for Motorola sucks! That is a big problem for A LOT of US manufacturers! Our people may cost more BUT our product is MUCH better! (in terms of electronics).

Chili-Palmer ]

Cynical.. I'm not saying Xbox or M$ is perfect, but this thread is about something that is an issue on ALL game systems, & you acted like Sony's systems dont have the same problem. (Sony's shit dont stink = Fanboy)

Yes Xbox 360's have had major problems with RROD, but my point has NOTHING to do with that, im not debating the RROD (i've personally had no RROD) PS3 has a yellow light of death (YLOD), but it is not as bad, but it still exists.!

So are you telling me that you wont be buying a PS3 because it could possibly have a YLOD.?

This thread was lame to start in the first place, just as it was lame for Yahoo to make it news, when it is completely nothing news worthy.! (or even "new" for that matter) Which is why this whole thing is stupid, because anyone complaining or backing Yahoos story is a fanboy. (yes Fanboy is a lame word, but most of us are in some way or another ;D)

Trust me i know most people think i am a 360 fanboy, but i dont think so. in my mind im just playing on the far superior system, but as we all know a lot of you dont agree. If you have played on both, & dont think so, then there is not much anyone can do to change our minds..

I mean lots of people bought gremlins too. lol

gremlin1.jpg

Lots of people wonder why they bought it, but sometimes you just cant see it from their point of view.. ;D

Yes chilli very very true every company has their flaws with their products, some more than others, all I am saying is that personally I have not had any issues with a piece of sony's products so i cant say anything bad about them sony's shit may stink but not to me it smells like a nice big bag of NYC desiel (mmmmmm weed). and yes lots of people bought those ugly gremlins, but we cant forget about the pacer. lol. but when it comes right down to products unless you are both fans of some sort of product you wont agree with it unless you just like everything. There is only one thing with the PS3 that I would change and that is putting my own music behind games and if you can do this on the PS3 I just dont know how to do it.

I hear ya Shane.

Tell me what do you know about the new Blackberry Curve for Nextel.? :)

Animal made me snot on my self. lol

ps. i haven't seen you (animal) on 360 in a looong time.!?

pps. Cynical, where do they grow this deisel you speak of..?

(we got mountains of it here on the west coast, but i didn't know it could grow in the snow. lol)

kid

I moved the xbox to the big tv and stretched the ethernet cord across the floor. Kid came running by and tripped over the cord....got hurt....box slammed down and started grinding.......I ran for the box......wife slapped me......got a loss for the league game i was in......

Chili....I havnt renewed my live since socom came out.

Prane.....I play on the PS3 madden now...hit me up sometime AminalMother is my ID

Regardless of what issues 360 has.... I would never buy one and the reason behind this is.... I like online gaming.... I love the aspects of teamwork in games..... however I can't justify paying X ammount of dollars a month to play a game that I already paid for. Granted you pay for extras to extend your game play.... but those are one shot deals.... sony doesn't charge to play on their networks. for this reason I'm a faithful Playstation user.......

P.S.

gaming systems are not etch-a-sketches..... leave them stationary to do what they are ment to do!!!

Chili-Palmer ]

I hear ya Shane.

Tell me what do you know about the new Blackberry Curve for Nextel.? :)

Animal made me snot on my self. lol

ps. i haven't seen you (animal) on 360 in a looong time.!?

pps. Cynical, where do they grow this deisel you speak of..?

(we got mountains of it here on the west coast, but i didn't know it could grow in the snow. lol)

Mostly in BC it stays fairly warm there and if it gets to cold out they just move it indoors, oh yes by the way did you know that parts of BC are similar to the rainforest?

OMNIVOID ]

Regardless of what issues 360 has.... I would never buy one and the reason behind this is.... I like online gaming.... I love the aspects of teamwork in games..... however I can't justify paying X ammount of dollars a month to play a game that I already paid for. Granted you pay for extras to extend your game play.... but those are one shot deals.... sony doesn't charge to play on their networks. for this reason I'm a faithful Playstation user.......

P.S.

gaming systems are not etch-a-sketches..... leave them stationary to do what they are ment to do!!!

Dude, while you are waiting for "fixes, patches, and server troubleshooting", 360 users are playing online trouble free. THAT is what you are paying for. I really, really, really wish Sony would start charging a server fee so they could stop using the cheapest crap servers they find.

kid

I moved the xbox to the big tv and stretched the ethernet cord across the floor. Kid came running by and tripped over the cord....got hurt....box slammed down and started grinding.......I ran for the box......wife slapped me......got a loss for the league game i was in......

Chili....I havnt renewed my live since socom came out.

Prane.....I play on the PS3 madden now...hit me up sometime AminalMother is my ID

LMFAO!! Holy Shit I cannot stop laughing!!! The wife cannot believe you didn't get more the slapped! LOL

I cannot stop picturing the scene!! I probably would have done the same thing but DAMMMM LOL