My New Christmas Present

D_dubYa ]

you guys dont understand the importance of a flashlight to an aircraft maintenance technician that works night shift. this is the best of the best flashlights right now. Its pretty much a hand held spot light.

I was watching a TV show not too long ago that had a do it yourself about taking a .99 cent flashlight and making it just as good or better as this flashlight. It also involved a bulb (that I can't remember the name) that came from Radio Shack. He took a file and drill and took the ridges that are inside the cheap light to hold the AA batteries. He then took 3-3volt bateries and put them in it. They showed the 2 lights side by side and this cheap one looked brighter than the surefire light. It was less than 15 bucks and he then painted it black. I am going to try it for myself but I am sure someone can find the instructions on the net. If you haven't bought this one already I am sure you could spend 15 bucks to try it out and save a lot in the long run.

D_dubYa ]

you guys dont understand the importance of a flashlight to an aircraft maintenance technician that works night shift. this is the best of the best flashlights right now. Its pretty much a hand held spot light.

I'm a pilot and some of my pilot buddies buy gear like this to go in our vests and go bags, but I've compared them to other LED lights that I get at Wal-Mart and there's not much difference.

Hannibal. ]
D_dubYa ]

I was watching a TV show not too long ago that had a do it yourself about taking a .99 cent flashlight and making it just as good or better as this flashlight. It also involved a bulb (that I can't remember the name) that came from Radio Shack. He took a file and drill and took the ridges that are inside the cheap light to hold the AA batteries. He then took 3-3volt bateries and put them in it. They showed the 2 lights side by side and this cheap one looked brighter than the surefire light. It was less than 15 bucks and he then painted it black. I am going to try it for myself but I am sure someone can find the instructions on the net. If you haven't bought this one already I am sure you could spend 15 bucks to try it out and save a lot in the long run.

They were converting a standard flashlight into a XENON light. I haven't seen it done, but heard it was pretty simple.

D_dubYa ]

yea, it does shoot lasers, it also teleports me to the nearest strip club for free dances...........

Anyways, I didnt pay anything for it, our Unit bought these for us for Christmas. They are VERY convenient to have, not only that, if i dont got time to pull my M16 from my shoulder, i can blind the Haji target.

How do you say "Clap on, Clap off" Or "Blinded by the Light" in Afgan?

Nice light Dub, Merry Christmas and God Bless you, your unit and everyone else that serves in the Armed Forces here and abroad.

Shark

x_SHARKBAIT_x ]
D_dubYa ]

yea, it does shoot lasers, it also teleports me to the nearest strip club for free dances...........

Anyways, I didnt pay anything for it, our Unit bought these for us for Christmas. They are VERY convenient to have, not only that, if i dont got time to pull my M16 from my shoulder, i can blind the Haji target.

How do you say "Clap on, Clap off" Or "Blinded by the Light" in Afgan?

Nice light Dub, Merry Christmas and God Bless you, your unit and everyone else that serves in the Armed Forces here and abroad.

Shark

It goes DIRKA DIRKA MOHAMMAD JIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

Hannibal. ]
D_dubYa ]

My question to you is, how long would it last? these are actually designed to last a long time and have a lifelong warranty. Also, how long will that bright light last? I cannot be changing batteries every 20 minutes and if they are using double A's, that could be a problem.

No this homeade light is just that. A cheap way to get a good light. I didn't mean to say it used AA batteries. I meant that they filed the ridges away that kept the AA batteries in place. They did that so the SF123 batteries fit in there and you can put 3 of them in there. I am going to try it myself and see. I myself have a surefire light and they are expensive. I just found it interesting that they made a comparable light for 15 bucks.

Bandit99 ]

Normal tax dollar spending here. Pay 250 plus for a flashlight that you can buy a comparable one for 20. No different than then 200 dollar hammers and 150 dollar screwdrivers the government buys.

it is normal. if the gov't were to spend a thousand dollars on these, it's worth it. if our boys/girls are over there fighting, and protecting our freedom and our peace, then they deserve nothing less than the best.