need cell phone help

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i dont have any cell phone signal at my house i live just over the crest of a hill, and at the top of the hill i get a signal, but i lose it just as i brek over the hill. i get it back just a few hundred feet down the hill from my house, so im wondering if anybody knows of a booster that will increase the signal here at the house?

Do a google search for "WiEX cell phone signal booster" or "cell phone Antenna Booster" you can boost signals within a home or office or you can boost signals within a vehicle by using car cell antenna's and you can replace your cell antenna with a larger higher gain antenna.. (not all models).

But if its a dead zone.. created by interference from Radio wave traffic, high power transfer lines or microwave sub stations.. then you're screwed despite what verison says dead zones are just that DEAD.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Sgt.JoeFriday ]

I'm thinking A LOT of Dynamite and make the hill smaller?

ooh, i like that one. ;D

lemme add a lil info. occasionally i have a lil signal, but not enough to use the phone. also, other people on other services have been able to use their phones at my house, so i think its more of an indirect line with a tower or something. my roof is about in plane with the top of the hill, so im wonderin if a booster with and antenna on the roof is the way to go.

just asking before i spend a lot of money on something that doesnt work

Who do you have, Puddy? Union? VZ? Altel? Since I end up on the road alot, I notice how many dead zones there are in bufu. Like Casper to Buffalo on 25, cell service drops in and out every few miles. It's happened with Union and Verizon both, and now that Altel is really VZ under a different name to avoid a monopoly, we are fucked. I've tried those car antennae boosters. They helped occaasionally. My boss lives outside of town on Hat 6, had to go to the main road from his ranch house to use his cell. Then he got one of those antennae boosters that go in the battery compartment. He doesn't have service on the whole ranch, but he does at the house now. He swears by it, I didn't notice much difference at my house. I get shoddy service some days and others it's fine.

I will say Union seems to have better coverage when you ARE out in the middle of nowhere. I still keep VZ though because of the no roaming/free long distance packages.