Battlefield: 1943

im divided in this; im a DIEHARD BATTLEFIELD FAN, this 1943 is a cheap ripoff from the first one, only wake island and guadalcanal? only 4 classes? no major naval maps like mdway and coral sea? no air maps? like battle of brittain and el alamein? i mean the game is like a demo of the original and we are paying for it.

For 15 bucks you can buy the original and its expansion packs. or better buy BF2 for PC.

I got it its 1200 MS points. Its pretty cool to me. Both sides start out on aircraft carriers and have to fly/go by boat/or swim to the nearby island and then fight for control points.

101 has about 8 guys with xboxs now, i'm gonna see if I can talk them into gettting it.

I didnt even know it was coming out on ps3, oh well

CDBS14 ]

im divided in this; im a DIEHARD BATTLEFIELD FAN' date=' this 1943 is a cheap ripoff from the first one, only wake island and guadalcanal? only 4 classes? no major naval maps like mdway and coral sea? no air maps? like battle of Britain and el alamein? i mean the game is like a demo of the original and we are paying for it.

For 15 bucks you can buy the original and its expansion packs. or better buy BF2 for PC.

[/quote']

Well, there will be an air map when Live and PSN reach a total of 43 million kills. Not combined, total for each system.

Chili-Palmer ]

I don't know anything about it.. isn't this a download only game.?

If so i would think it is much cheaper, like $15-$20.

Yea, its a DL only for $15.

xScoFieldx ]

I got it its 1200 MS points. Its pretty cool to me. Both sides start out on aircraft carriers and have to fly/go by boat/or swim to the nearby island and then fight for control points.

101 has about 8 guys with xboxs now, i'm gonna see if I can talk them into getting it.

I didn't even know it was coming out on ps3, oh well

Yea, it comes out for the PS3 tomorrow. I'm glad there a demo version first though. I'm part of the 1080i club and this game will be part of the 720p club. So I'll take a look see first.

xScoFieldx ]

101 has about 8 guys with xboxs now, i'm gonna see if I can talk them into gettting it.

I didnt even know it was coming out on ps3, oh well

WHAT..!!??

Oh wait is it all you LTU'rs.?

Eitherway, lets get some scrimms going.

It has 3 maps, not 2 (Jima, Guadalcanal and Wake Island). I don't see why you're complaining.. it's pretty much just an arcade game. It's not really meant to be it's own game but a fun multiplayer only game. It's a simple 500 mb game with 12v12 to have people kill some time on it. It's not meant to be a completely new Battlefield game.

Hell, it's better than Socom. It's made using the Bad Company engine so the entire environment is completely destructible. It's fun as hell. Definitely worth the buy in my opinion

i got it, see im pissed because like you SOCOM guys, i am a BATTLEFIELD guy; BUT unlike SOCOM guys, BATTLEFIELD guys dont take no for an answer, if we want a patch we get the patch. After battlefield 2 everyone wanted battlefield 3.

We then got BF2142 which is a great game, that made us happy. But then nothing...........EA just screwed us after BF2142, we got that battlefield bad company, which is nothing like a real BF game, no BATTLEFIELD COMMANDER or a deep squad system. Then we got BF HEROES an EA competition to team fortress and QUAKE ARENA. Then we got this 1943, battlefield fans dont want lower quality versions of the great game we loved, we want the real deal, the full sequel BATTLEFIELD 3.

CDBS14 ]

i got it' date=' see im pissed because like you SOCOM guys, i am a BATTLEFIELD guy; BUT unlike SOCOM guys, BATTLEFIELD guys dont take no for an answer, if we want a patch we get the patch. After battlefield 2 everyone wanted battlefield 3.

We then got BF2142 which is a great game, that made us happy. But then nothing...........EA just screwed us after BF2142, we got that battlefield bad company, which is nothing like a real BF game, no BATTLEFIELD COMMANDER or a deep squad system. Then we got BF HEROES an EA competition to team fortress and QUAKE ARENA. Then we got this 1943, battlefield fans dont want lower quality versions of the great game we loved, we want the real deal, the full sequel BATTLEFIELD 3.

[/quote']

Yea, but this is a stripped down version for only $15 bucks. BTW, is there a way to check your stats via a website?

You can have 4 man squads and you have no problem talking within that squad anywhere on the map. Also when you spawn you can spawn with your squad. This is a nice future I think. It is WarHawk set in 1943 WWII IMO. The only difference is its a FPS except when in vehicles. You get an option then. I love taking airplanes and skydiving into a enemy territory without them noticing. Kind of cool. It's a nice break from S0-Crap. We have 4 guys that have it and more getting it this week. Would love to get some private room scrimmages this Friday if any takers.

IRISH BULL ]

Any of you XBOX'ers get this? I was just curious what you thought. Its coming tomorrow for the PS3.

Chili-Palmer ]

And are we talking on Xbox or PS3.?

or are you guys on different consoles. lol

Well Chili, Bull's original post implies that he's looking to buy it for the PS3. And the questions are directed to the Xbox'ers to see if the games worth it. You up to speed now? ::):-*

WAR_PIG ]

I had no problem when in the 4 man squads. I think it's out side of those squads where the issue lies. Not sure though? Oh and I'm on PS3 *of course* ::) LOL

im talking about 4 man squads, you can hear your 4 guys for the first math or 2, then they start to cut off. ON THE EA WEBSITE IT SAYS THEY ARE WORKING ON IT, POSSIBLY BY TOMORROW IT WILL BE FIXED.