more SOCOM 1.6 and DLC info coming tomorrow

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to the new DLC. Its all new to me since I've only played Confrontation.

But its the principle of the thing. Its a shit sandwich, and I gotta take bite. Won't be the first time taking bite of the proverbial shit sandwich, and won't be the last. :laugh:

I just hope that because of Confrontation, Slant 6 is not trusted ever again to do another PS3 game. Stick to the PSP jagoff's.

IRISH BULL ]

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to the new DLC. Its all new to me since I've only played Confrontation.

But its the principle of the thing. Its a shit sandwich, and I gotta take bite. Won't be the first time taking bite of the proverbial shit sandwich, and won't be the last. :laugh:

I just hope that because of Confrontation, Slant 6 is not trusted ever again to do another PS3 game. Stick to the PSP jagoff's.

Well as far as another PS3 game I can't say. I can say they won't be making the next Socom game which is fine by me.

I just don't understand why people bitch and moan on these forums and others (including the forums their staff frequents) when it obviously has no effect. They put out a faulty game, fail to deliver on promises, promise free DLC then make you pay for it....

WHy don't the masses do something more effective? Go to the slant six site, grab their email, and flood it with their complaints? This will either get them to listen, or change their company email. Either way, you make them get off their fat asses and DO something. info@slantsixgames.com

While you're at it, go flood the sony emails, snail mail, and phone lines and state very clearly that the financial suckiness of socom was NOT because of the game type but because of the developers and support. Unfortunately, we see more and more 1st player games and other games coming out because those developers put out better product. If you don't stand up for 3rd player or a true Socom style game, our fanbase will get lost in the financial statistics because the bigwigs either don't realize or don't care that the numbers are down because they put these incompetent bastards at the helm of this franchise.

They never promised free maps. They did say free DLC which is in 1.6 the guns and special forces. They could have easily put those guns and special forces in the DLC and charged for them also. I don't think it's about /6 getting off their asses since they are busy with layoffs and probably going out of business.

CeRTiFieD ]

if you think about it the game was only 40$ so you didnt pay for like a full ps3 game

but now if u buy this for 10$ itll be like the game was 50$ which is still cheaper than any other ps3 game

so im gunna do it

12 maps should make this game SOOOO much better

So when a game is sold with another item, for the same price as the game alone, we should assume we're not getting a full ps3 game? What about when the game box, the inserts, and the game itself show features not actually contained within the game? What should we do then?

Either way, as stated earlier, its a moot point. I bought the game, for what ever the breakdown in price is, and I may eventually buy the DLC. I'm just not happy, like most others, about the decision to charge for DLC (at least the first DLC).

12 maps will definitely be cool.

I'm with big D on this one.. they haven't even announced when the DLC will be available just when they are going to release more info on it.. I'm guessing April 2010. ???

As for the $15 price tag unless you buy it right off the bat for $10 whoppie! I could get a Subway sub with my $5 I saved.. ::) I guess it would be worth it.. If I had waited long enough to pick up the title used from gamestop for the $16 price tag I've seen it at now with the multitude of copies on the shelf.

And who else thinks that if they don't sell enough at that price it won't be that long before they drop the price to $10 anyway or else just bite the bullet and give it away in order to drive back interest in their title.

p.s. and yes Big D I removed your double post for you.. Now dont' go screwing up again! LOL

I fully believe the price will drop. Keep in mind too that, as Goat pointed out, there hasnt been a release date announced for the DLC. They could be using this statement as a feeler to see what kind of push back they'll get. They could end up offering the first DLC for free just to hook us. At least that'd be the smart thing to do. But then Sony/Slant 6 and smart decisions seem to be like water and oil right now.

And thank you Goat. Consider it done!! :angel:

IRISH BULL ]

you play ftb2?

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
IRISH BULL ]

you play ftb2?

What is ftb2?