Lions Eat Da Bears for Lunch....

Guest KingJunk

I am a BIG Detroit Fan and I am soooo happy they won, but I am not to happy with this game. It was toooo many penalties and both sides and was just a sloppy win, but like I always say "They don't ask you how did you win, but did you win?"

Ohh and Tow I hope you still had Devin Hester on ya FF because he did you some good again today!

I don't play FF, actually.

I just like watching the games.

As for eating the Bears for lunch, don't get TOO excited. I know I heard some BOOS from the Lions' crowd when Detroit's offense was on the field for the entire first half and could only muster one field goal, having their second attempt blocked by Chicago.

Yes, the Lions pulled it together in the second half, but they had a HARD time scoring against a Bears Defense that was missing its ENTIRE core secondary in Vasher, Tillman and Archuleta as well as Briggs still being out. To their detriment, the Lions should have done FAR FAR better in the first half against a depleted Bears defense and an offense that's getting used to a new QB change.

You get the win, but it ain't one you should parade out in the streets for. ;)

6raVIty ]

Not to mention Chicago was down 3 points with a minute left to play...

Chicago played horrible, but (as usual) Detroit played sub-par as well.

glad these things your pointing out added up to a Detroit win..... So, thank you to Chicago for playing "horrible" or we would have never won. ::)

Guest [APC] 6ravity
WiZ ]

or we would have never won. ::)

Yup, thats pretty much my point. Chicago's entire secondary was comprised of backups, and Griese was still pulling splinters out of his rear at halftime.... I'm a Bears fan, but a realistic one. I didnt have much hope the Bears would win today, but I didn't see the lions try to give the game away as much as they attempted to, either.

I must say that had the Bears secondary been healthy this game would have been a different story. The Lions won and struggled mightily against a secondary that has little to no experience. The Bears season hinges on the health of our defense these next few weeks, otherwise we will not only be unable to catch Green Bay, but also miss the playoffs by a mile. I am also a realistic Bears fan and I am not discrediting the Lions win, but it would have been a much different game with a healthy Bears D.

forget both these teams , the BUCS are on fire right now... our true test will be indy next week. big time match up "dungy vs gruden" goes deeper than any player match up. but if i had to go with on of these two teams it would be BEARS > LIONS anyday. dont forget your last 8 or so seasons detroit fans, 1 win is nice, but 30+ losses aint ;) :-X

-STRICK- ]

forget both these teams , the BUCS are on fire right now... our true test will be indy next week. big time match up "dungy vs gruden" goes deeper than any player match up. but if i had to go with on of these two teams it would be BEARS > LIONS anyday. dont forget your last 8 or so seasons detroit fans, 1 win is nice, but 30+ losses aint ;) :-X

The Bucs lose some of their luster with Cadillac out for the season :-\.

smokeosama ]
-STRICK- ]

forget both these teams , the BUCS are on fire right now... our true test will be indy next week.  big time match up "dungy vs gruden" goes deeper than any player match up.  but if i had to go with on of these two teams it would be BEARS > LIONS anyday.  dont forget your last 8 or so seasons detroit fans, 1 win is nice, but 30+ losses aint  ;) :-X 

The Bucs lose some of their luster with Cadillac out for the season :-\.

LoL...i wish this were true.... a lot, i mean a lot of bucs fans have been waiting for him to sit.  Hes grudens little do boy.  Its a shame that he had to sit this way, but our split back offense hasnt been so split cuz grudens a knucklehead. He had a good first half of his rookie year and is now mimicking warrick dunn.  Earnest graham has shown his worth as well as pittman.  they have different styles which helps diversify our offense, even with an old man for a QB.  Back on topic though.....GO BEARS