over 8,000 players on MW2

Covert-OPs_ ]

So far I've played with two clan members(I got one of them a copy yesterday) in the last two days and we've all said the same thing. You're assumption is correct it is because they have made UAV's really easy to get. I would say that about 70% of the time there is a UAV running on either/both team during one map. I believe they did this so that the "counter UAV" would be more useful but regardless it's pretty crazy. I have the radar scrambler and it works but only when you're in at close range but I've found that it also helps to let me know when someone is close to me because you get a grey screen for your radar.

IMO this makes Hardcore that much more important, the problem is that with this new kill system Hardcore is going to be ridiculous. On average I'd say you drop in regular rooms with 3 to 4 bullets and Hardcore says it has "increased bullet damage" which would mean 1 to 2 bullets? LOL, honestly though I'd prefer that than having to deal with this radar situation...it really is a negative factor.

Why are the radars so easy with this game? I thought it was 3 kills that the previous game. Also, what does the radar look like? According to all reports, everything can be shot down.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UAV is STILL 3 kills. So it's impossible that's "easier" to get. It's exactly the same as it always was. The only thing is that now they made it EASIER to kill on Core matches. Before it would take one clip to kill an enemy, now it takes about half. It's not as drastic as hardcore, and not as gay as CoD4 core.

YES, everything CAN be shot down. Planes, Choppers, UAV's, everything. The UAV looks like a little hovercraft above the map. Very easy to shoot down.

I don't know how people are playing the radar or whatever was said. People shoot, they show up on the radar. Same thing as always. The only difference I can really see is Counter UAV which jams it for a little while and heartbeat sensors, but that's nothing affecting the UAV.

There's nothing at all thats different about the UAV. The only thing is now it can be shot down. If it seems easier to get, it's because it's easier to kill people on Core.

Plus, I don't even use UAV's. I use 4 (Airdrop), 5 (Predator Missle) and 7 (Harrier Strike)

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

UAV is STILL 3 kills. So it's impossible that's "easier" to get. It's exactly the same as it always was. The only thing is that now they made it EASIER to kill on Core matches. Before it would take one clip to kill an enemy, now it takes about half. It's not as drastic as hardcore, and not as gay as CoD4 core.

YES, everything CAN be shot down. Planes, Choppers, UAV's, everything. The UAV looks like a little hovercraft above the map. Very easy to shoot down.

I don't know how people are playing the radar or whatever was said. People shoot, they show up on the radar. Same thing as always. The only difference I can really see is Counter UAV which jams it for a little while and heartbeat sensors, but that's nothing affecting the UAV.

There's nothing at all thats different about the UAV. The only thing is now it can be shot down. If it seems easier to get, it's because it's easier to kill people on Core.

Plus, I don't even use UAV's. I use 4 (Airdrop), 5 (Predator Missle) and 7 (Harrier Strike)

I guess you didn't read what I wrote...you can get UAV with 2 kills if you're using Hardline. And a lot of people are using that perk, so while they still have to get 2 kills that's really easy in this game. If you're not finding that there is almost a constant stream of UAV then I don't know what to tell you. Tonight I was playing in my party with a guy that is ranked 500 overall and another guy that is ranked in the 800's and everyone was saying it. UAV is almost virtually always on. I have Coldblooded now so I'm good to go, the game plays completely different when people don't have a little red dot showing them where you are.

I also got to play 3rd person tonight and I know all you Socom heads are going to love it.

Covert-OPs_ ]
IRISH BULL ]

perks-685x457.jpg

Are these all the perks available? Because I don't see deep impact, which I always had.

Those look correct to me.

I did all the pics for the UF admins, CLICK HERE.

No deep impact?!! So do bullets pass threw certain barriers like they should?

mikejaxon ]

Without playing the game :( It looks like there are 14:

ESTATE

FAVELLA

HIGH RISE

KARACHI

INVASION

QUARRY

RUNDOWN

RUST

SCRAPYARD

SKIDROW

SUB BASE

TERMINAL

UNDERPASS

WASTELAND

You forgot two:

Aghan and Derail

Afghan: Medium sized open desert. Intense demolition battles.

Derail: Trainwreck in a large snow area. Epic large battles.

Estate: Cabin in the woods. Fight for control of the cabin.

Favela: Alleyways of Brazil. Great for all game modes and all sizes.

Highrise: Rooftop skyscraper. Hectic domination games.

Invasion: City in the desert. Classic street to street firefights.

Karachi: Ravaged desert town. Tactical street fights abound.

Quarry: Medium-sized Quarry. Intense capture the flag matches.

Rundown: Village in Brazil. Fight from all angles.

Rust: Tiny desert sandstorm. Fast paced action on a small map.

Scrapyard: Small airplane graveyard. Great for any number of players.

Skidrow: Urban city fighting. In and out of apartments close range engagements.

Sub Base: Snow submarine base. Great vertical gameplay.

Terminal: Medium sized airport. Great for all game modes.

Underpass: Rainy underpass. Good balance of medium to long range fighting.

Wasteland: Chernobyl in the open. Great for snipers and long range firefights.

Another thing people haven't talked much about is the deathstreaks. These occur when you die x amount of times in a row.

Copycat - Steal your killer's class in killcam.

Painkiller - Big health boost when you spawn.

Martyrdom - Drop a grenade after you die. <---------- GAY

Final stand - Last stand, but now you can crawl.

And also, the way this game was made, they were trying to stop campers. That's why you seem to get UAV's all the time. With this "constant" flow of UAV's in the air, campers have to keep moving around instead of sitting in a corner with claymores. That's also why claymores now take up your grenade spot and you only get ONE claymore if you decide to switch.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Another thing people haven't talked much about is the deathstreaks. These occur when you die x amount of times in a row.

Copycat - Steal your killer's class in killcam.

Painkiller - Big health boost when you spawn.

Martyrdom - Drop a grenade after you die. <---------- GAY

Final stand - Last stand, but now you can crawl.

And also, the way this game was made, they were trying to stop campers. That's why you seem to get UAV's all the time. With this "constant" flow of UAV's in the air, campers have to keep moving around instead of sitting in a corner with claymores. That's also why claymores now take up your grenade spot and you only get ONE claymore if you decide to switch.

Martyrdom?!! I thought they did away with that shit.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I don't think I could speak to their motives as to why they have "super UAV" in this game. But I do know for a fact from two conversations that I had directly with 420 after the release of COD4 that they're not interested in clans & the "hardcore". He made that pretty much clear in that conversation and then during an interview later on with 1UP on their Up Yours podcast from 2008. Where he called clans "stupid" and that "clans play the game to much so they figure out how to break it", I can look for the interview if you'd like.

Combine that with "death streaks" where you're given a perk or a reward for getting your ass kicked. Those two things give me the impression that the state of the UAV is to help the noobs. Since unlocking the ColdBlooded perk which blocks UAV I have been tearing through people. I think it makes a big difference but again this is just one man's opinion based on three days worth of play...a lot can change after playing a game for a month.

I understand where you're coming from, and like you said, it's just one man's opinion, which is why I feel differently.

It doesn't really bother me much. I actually use Scrambler as my Perk 3 since I pretty much stick to the close quarters parts of each map. They can find me on UAV if they're far, but they're jammed when they come to find me up close.

IRISH BULL ]

Select GameStops in NY, OH and PA selling Modern Warfare 2 already

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/08/select-gamestops-in-ny-oh-and-pa-selling-modern-warfare-2-alrea/

Here is the BS part of this. So since the mall my gamestop is in wont allow them to have a midnight release I called them to see if I came in right before they closed they would release it and they said no. So I called gamestop's customer service line at their corporate headquaters to find out what constitutes letting one gamestop release the game before others. The reps response was "We are aware that some locations are in violation of the street date and we are handling that as we speak, but no other gamestops will release the game early." To me the whole release of this game is a fail.

Another thing that is kind of crappy is that at first IW said they were going to reset all that stats to make it fair bt then 402(Robert bowling) said that hey were not going to reset legit copies. So instead of punishing the people who knew what the street date was they are punishig the people who are going to get it when they are supposed to. So that's messed up because there are players already on ps3 that are prestiged once at least...

I still not hot on the nuke. To easy to end a game. I'm sure it'll be fun the first few times but after awhile I have a feeling that IW will make an update just like Treyarch did taking away tanks in hardcore on world at war. Good shit though, I'm loving it. Can't wait to pick up my copy in 8 n a half hours!!!!!!

The nuke isn't really an issue. You have to UNLOCK it first, but even then it's a risk cuz theres so many other killstreaks to unlock. Plus, if a guy gets a 25 kill streak on your team, then you DESERVE to lose.

There really is not many places to hide. Each position has an advantage and a disadvantage, which makes it better (to me) because it gets rid of campers. The buildings in this game aren't really well built buildings, either. They're small warehouses and houses with drywall, so bullets travel through them easy.

Why should the stat reset bother you? The only thing is that people will have better weapons than you, but that's not that big of an idea. It doesn't matter if they prestige or not. It's not like it has a Socom 3 ranking system. Their rank shouldn't affect you in any way. Plus, even when people were already higher level than me, I was still owning them with the premade class with my UMP. It's not really a big deal.

And no, not all choppers are AI driven. There's different kinds of choppers. There's your regular chopper from COD4, an attack chopper than is armored and takes a shitload to take down, then player drive choppers. There's 15 different killstreaks, each of them being unique in their own way. I believe there's 3 different killstreaks where YOU control the vehicle (chopper, plane, gunship) and the rest are varied between care packages, sentry guns, EMP, etc.

The nuke isn't really an issue. You have to UNLOCK it first, but even then it's a risk cuz theres so many other killstreaks to unlock. Plus, if a guy gets a 25 kill streak on your team, then you DESERVE to lose.

There really is not many places to hide. Each position has an advantage and a disadvantage, which makes it better (to me) because it gets rid of campers. The buildings in this game aren't really well built buildings, either. They're small warehouses and houses with drywall, so bullets travel through them easy.

That makes feel better about the nuke. I get those kind of kill streaks every once in awhile but I wouldnt like to use it cuz then the funs over ya know? Maybe if you wanted to make the pain stop I guess. And no camping in CoD!!! I cantwait to get this game in 2 hours n 42 miinutes