Sea Snipers Leave Socom

Guest -Fury

Old news, at least for me I guess. But I know Rator...lol. Socom has soooo many issues right now with gameplay, cheating and so on... Good luck to SS on Vegas. I've been on the 360 for the last two months so I understand their decision to go. I also believe it had to do with something going south between them and Zipper. The new S4 and the Confrontation better be finished right, or there will be many more people leaving Socom for good. In S1 there was a consistant, 24 hours a day, 30,000 player average at any given moment. Now, Socom CA, technically the fourth Socom, there is a 24 hour average of about 12,000 at any given moment. Every installment causes more Socom players to hate the game more...lol. If they don;t learn a way to control the problems more, similar to XBOX Live, Socom will lose it's firm grasp of being the number 1 online shooter.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Yeah to me X-box is a fun system, but it has never been as good as the play station systems(to me anyways) also, Storm Watch will be holding a PS3 contest for ALL of its existing members, to show my appreciation to all of their hard work and dedication to this clan. But I haven't come up with a contest to promote it and have yet to contemplate the weighting for the contest. So anyways…. I would hate to see him throw money his away on what I think is an inferior system. Also why are you selling yours D75? Are you looking to buy a PS3? ;D

He said it was his EXTRA he was going to sell. And as for inferior...Not quite. Graphically, the 360 is equal...1080p is the same no matter what system your running. Blu-ray would be nice, but hey...where are all those awesome Blu-ray games at? Being held back, again and again. The same Sony BS. 360 has alot more games online, a better online server system...PS3 has yet to prove it's servers.

Socom is the ONLY Playstation game that I play...And that is beginning to lose my interest. It's amazing how much the PS3 has actually boosted the 360's credibility. The games get the updates they need for repairs, gliches and cheating and such, in a short amount of time. This because Microsoft Requires the developers to listen to the players. For $9/mo, $20/ 3mos, and $80/yr for a Live gold membership...they make SURE that the games they host are the games that the players enjoy.

For instance...Crackdown came out just a week or so ago...There is already downloadable map packs for online use...How long have we been waiting? Sony and Zipper want our money, Microsoft and their developers want our loyalty....

Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..
Sony and Zipper want our money, Microsoft and their developers want our loyalty....

I agree.

As far as the 360 being inferior - only time will tell. Overall the PS3 is a more powerful box - capable of processing huge amounts of data (numerical and graphic) - which suggests the potential for cutting edge games. It's up to the developers to take advantage of this power though, and so far, none have delivered.....yet. Same with PSN, still new, still transitioning.

Only time will tell.

I don't know....

For me, Socom is not, and was never, about how often map packs come out or anything like that.

The company that put out a product sold it at a price, I bought it, and in the GRAND scheme of things, I have earned back the $50 I spent on this game and THEN some with the amount of play I have put towards it.

In the end, Socom delivered to me what I wanted and expected, and in the process, I have had tons of fun playing it (so much so that people like Sniper and I decided to make Urgent Fury to FURTHER enjoy the game) and I have had the great opportunity in meeting great people in my clan (which is the first reason I log in for Socom anyway) and great people in this UF community (the second reason I log in for Socom).

After it all, I never saw the reason or help in the "comparison bitching" between two systems.

It's all personal preference, and each and every one of us are individuals with different tastes. When one of us gets fed up with Socom, there are plenty more still enjoying the game itself and the people who play it. When one of us gets fed up with 360, there are OTHER platforms out there with OTHER games and you're free to go to it.

Fact: Socom hasn't delivered "map packs" to the majority of the grabbing masses....so the grabbing masses are upset and in a hissy. That's ok. They're free to go elsewhere.....it's the people that bitch so much about Socom and the map packs and the lag and the glitchers and the lack of patches who STILL come back to play the game that I simply don't understand.

I've never once chain-complained about this game in the four years I've played it and it's WHY I still play it.

For those that always find a reason to bitch about this game, I wonder why they're still in a clan, still in a community such as this and still COMPLAINING. Life is complicated and muddled enough as it is....move on to something that you ENJOY. You know? Not calling anyone OUT specifically, in this thread or otherwise, just my thoughts compiled with the rest of yours.

Preach it brother Tow!!

Well said.. that is the bottom line isn't it.. Just play the game and enjoy the company.. that is what it all boils down to. In the grand scheme of things who cares about the rest of it. Sure I take breaks from the game and play other things.. but Socom is the only game I keep coming back for.. As for comparison to other games.. eh yea they all have both good and bad qualities.. and with both the 360 and the PS3 as well as one of those stupid Wi's I got laying around here, I've given em all a go.. Yet my socom disc never really gets put back in the case.. even when I put in a different game the socom disc goes in that games cover.. cause I know it will be going right back in afterwards.. LOL!

I just got a 30 year flashback... I remembered complaining to my mother about my friend having a nicer bike then me... her response..

"No don't go comparing, be thankful you even have a bike in the first place" ;)

H.A.V.0.C ]

Also why are you selling yours D75? Are you looking to buy a PS3?  ;D

Sony couldnt figure out what the fuck was wrong iwth my system so insteda of sending me a new one they refunded me the full amount of what it cost, and so I'm stuck with the money and no PS3. I have spent well over half the cash on gas and booze over the apst 2 weeks and am now on the hunt for my PS3, so YES I am looking to buy a PS3, and what are you offering my very good friend??? ;)

D75

Guest H.A.V.0.C
Deutscher75 ]
H.A.V.0.C ]

Also why are you selling yours D75? Are you looking to buy a PS3? ;D

Sony couldnt figure out what the fuck was wrong iwth my system so insteda of sending me a new one they refunded me the full amount of what it cost, and so I'm stuck with the money and no PS3. I have spent well over half the cash on gas and booze over the apst 2 weeks and am now on the hunt for my PS3, so YES I am looking to buy a PS3, and what are you offering my very good friend??? ;)

D75

I knew you where...LOL Dude In my personal opinion you cant go wrong with it, when they do come out with the games, I feel it will fight back and regain the title as the best sold console. And NO I have no offers for you my friend, and I only have one comp system left and I'm going to use it for a contest within Stormwatch.

I do on the other hand have a couple of PSP's that I may try and make a global contest for, I was planning on getting with Tow & Snippy to see if they could dig it? and maybe we could implement it into UF somehow? I don't know just some idea's I had kicking around in my head. Also I might add well said Tow, I feel the exact same way about people that bitch about the game..."Love it or Leave it" but quit the crying about it!(please let me add I'm not talking about anyone in particular just the socom community as a whole.) Anyways...I think that answers your Question also Madmime, and D75 go for it bro it's the best system on the market! IMO and I believe when it strikes back it will be with furious anger and aggression. But thats just coming from a video game/comic book store owner....So what the hell do I know. ;)

yeah i suppose you may know a little bit. i just dont want to go out and buy a sony product i dont need and never get any use out of it, i baught the 100$ HDD when to me i was i think 12 and that was a lot of money for me, and i didnt get to use it for over a year and a half, ill buy a ps3 when the new socom comes out and i get a chance to play it and know its worth my money

Guest H.A.V.0.C

New PlayStation 3 firmware upscales to 1080p

Posted on 24.05.2007 at 11:41 in Tech News by Martin

Sony has announced details of tomorrow’s 1.80 PlayStation 3 firmware update. Tomorrow the latest PlayStation 3 firmware goes live. Version 1.80 features upscaling of PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and DVD movies up to 1080p HD resolutions. It’s great news for those of us wanting to play GT4 on PS3, however the upscaling feature is only available via HDMI. You’ll also be able to use a home network to view and play media content such as images, music and video on stored on DLNA3 enabled devices such as PCs and laptops.

The firmware update will also allow you to enjoy Remote Play between your PSP and PS3 via the internet, this will require PSP update 3.50 released towards the end of May. Version 1.80 also allows you to print photos stored on PS3 or storage media to a selection of Epson printers. You’ll be able to download firmware 1.80 later today.

Undertow ]

I don't know....

For me, Socom is not, and was never, about how often map packs come out or anything like that.

The company that put out a product sold it at a price, I bought it, and in the GRAND scheme of things, I have earned back the $50 I spent on this game and THEN some with the amount of play I have put towards it.

In the end, Socom delivered to me what I wanted and expected, and in the process, I have had tons of fun playing it (so much so that people like Sniper and I decided to make Urgent Fury to FURTHER enjoy the game) and I have had the great opportunity in meeting great people in my clan (which is the first reason I log in for Socom anyway) and great people in this UF community (the second reason I log in for Socom).

After it all, I never saw the reason or help in the "comparison bitching" between two systems.

It's all personal preference, and each and every one of us are individuals with different tastes.  When one of us gets fed up with Socom, there are plenty more still enjoying the game itself and the people who play it.  When one of us gets fed up with 360, there are OTHER platforms out there with OTHER games and you're free to go to it.

Fact: Socom hasn't delivered "map packs" to the majority of the grabbing masses....so the grabbing masses are upset and in a hissy.  That's ok.  They're free to go elsewhere.....it's the people that bitch so much about Socom and the map packs and the lag and the glitchers and the lack of patches who STILL come back to play the game that I simply don't understand.

I've never once chain-complained about this game in the four years I've played it and it's WHY I still play it.

For those that always find a reason to bitch about this game, I wonder why they're still in a clan, still in a community such as this and still COMPLAINING.  Life is complicated and muddled enough as it is....move on to something that you ENJOY.  You know?  Not calling anyone OUT specifically, in this thread or otherwise, just my thoughts compiled with the rest of yours.

Wow and to think this might have been a secret…..who let the cat out of the bag? But yes, SOCOM really took a huge turn for us and I have to say the move has been one of the best decisions in a long time. Sure the money was there to continue to create more for the game…but then the ones that make the game would never listen to those of us that actually play the game.

And for Tow, you are right I too never added myself to any chain complain letter ever. So I would hate for folks to think that is what our announcement was….it wasn’t. It was just a simple, we are leaving SOCOM and here are the reasons why. We made a move and we are enjoying it….sure it might not be for everyone, nor are we any type of 306 or PS3 fanboys. We just saw what we, collectively wanted to do and did it…nothing more. And I have to agree with you, SOCOM was all about the people and will always be about that people. Hell that is why we hung in there for so long…..don’t think we are going to fade away so quickly, there are those of us that will still lurk in the shadows. Alright well I am underway here at sea and just wanted to check back in….I am sure I will see you guys around the message board more.

Chief

Good to hear from you chief.  I wish you the best of luck with wherever you may go. [sS] is top notch and will prosper on whichever platform they choose.

:)  [APC]-STRICK-  :)

Chief ]

Wow and to think this might have been a secret…..who let the cat out of the bag? But yes, SOCOM really took a huge turn for us and I have to say the move has been one of the best decisions in a long time. Sure the money was there to continue to create more for the game…but then the ones that make the game would never listen to those of us that actually play the game.

And for Tow, you are right I too never added myself to any chain complain letter ever. So I would hate for folks to think that is what our announcement was….it wasn’t. It was just a simple, we are leaving SOCOM and here are the reasons why. We made a move and we are enjoying it….sure it might not be for everyone, nor are we any type of 306 or PS3 fanboys. We just saw what we, collectively wanted to do and did it…nothing more. And I have to agree with you, SOCOM was all about the people and will always be about that people. Hell that is why we hung in there for so long…..don’t think we are going to fade away so quickly, there are those of us that will still lurk in the shadows. Alright well I am underway here at sea and just wanted to check back in….I am sure I will see you guys around the message board more.

Chief

Yeah, I already knew that in regards to your move, Chief.

My post was actually addressing everyone ELSE who stays and continues to bitch. 8)

Good luck to you guys on the Xbox