I got yer Meat ;)

hehe not what you think, for once.

I was chillin' at my house this morning, got a knock at the door which set my dogs all barking. Both the fluffy shephard/collie mix and the pit. I open it, and there is a thuggy looking dude and he goes "You want some steaks? Help me out here, I need to get the day done early and go to DC"

So I was like "Sure, if they're free"

To which he replied "Nah, but only $20 bucks a box"

So I get out, make him wait while I move my car (luckily the meter maid hadn't been around to ticket me yet), and then ask to see what he has, noticing that he has the legit Capital Meats van parked right outside my house.

He shows me his wares, and I tell him I'll give him $15 for a box. He said he couldn't do that, $20 is what he paid for it.

So I said ok, nevermind.

He quickly ok, ok, what about 2 boxes for $30?

Fine with me, I picked out a box of 6 7oz NY Strips and a box of 4 12oz T-Bones...for the $30

So I have never really done the shopping, being a momma's boy and having a girlfriend who used to do all of that for me. I had no bargaining leg to stand on.

I'm just the damn chef, i can grill and I can cook very well...but the grocery shopping...not so good.

So...did I come out on top at all?

One of the 'qualities' you look for in a steak is the marbling. Marbling referres to the fat in and around a steak cut.

THIS would be a very good ribeye due to the marbling:

2009_03_10-Marbling.jpg

This on the other hand, would be a not so good piece:

make-easy-cheap-steak-marinade-200X200.jpg

As to shitting in tall cotton...well if you have to shit outside, what better place to be than where tall cotton is abundant? ;)

Chapman’s Dictionary of American Slang and Russ' SITTING/STANDING addition:

Cassell’s Dictionary of Slang

SHIT IN HIGH COTTON verb (also SHIT IN TALL COTTON) [1930s and still in use] (U.S.) To live prosperously, to feel happy, to be important, euphemistic alternatives include FLY/LIVE/TRAVEL IN HIGH COTTON [‘shit’ + ‘high cotton’]

HIGH COTTON noun (also TALL COTTON) [1930s and still in use] (originally U.S. Black) The good life, the materially successful life. [the wealth that comes from a high cotton crop]

Dictionary of American Slang by Wentworth & Flexner

SHIT IN HIGH COTTON: To live more prosperously, pleasantly, or luxuriously than one has formerly; to be enjoying the results of good fortune; to eat high off the hog.

Dictionary of American Slang by Wentworth & Flexner

SHIT IN HIGH COTTON: To live more prosperously, pleasantly, or luxuriously than one has formerly; to be enjoying the results of good fortune; to eat high off the hog.

Or cow as the case may be...LMAO. Good find Hippie.

Actually Minion that steak you just showed is too fat. You want some real steak come up here to Iowa and I will show you REAL steak. Amana farms quality, no not omaha steaks, they are too processed (sorry I am spoiled by growing up with my own personal butcher). You want good steak the best is a Herford/Angus mix.

Everyone is all over this Black Angus meat but the truth is it is not the top meat. Maybe for Hamburger, LOL.

Path maybe you came out good, the T-bones could be good. They are a good cut of meat from the tenderist portion of the stear/heifer. The KC strips are good, but DON't I repeat DON'T freeze them. They are the lousiest frozen meat you can have. They are best fresh, it doesn't matter where you get it KC Strip steaks should be bought and eaten. ONLY

In my opinion for anyone who is going after steak get 1 of a couple of cuts. Ribeye is the best mainly because you are getting a premium cut and you can have just about anything done to them. Next is a combo of T-bone/porterhouse. Porterhouse is a top cut of T-bone and they are usually around the 16-20oz range. You can get them bigger but never smaller. If you go to the right places they can be the best steak in the house.

xRed0ctobeRx ]

Actually Minion that steak you just showed is too fat. You want some real steak come up here to Iowa and I will show you REAL steak. Amana farms quality, no not omaha steaks, they are too processed (sorry I am spoiled by growing up with my own personal butcher). You want good steak the best is a Herford/Angus mix.

Everyone is all over this Black Angus meat but the truth is it is not the top meat. Maybe for Hamburger, LOL.

Path maybe you came out good, the T-bones could be good. They are a good cut of meat from the tenderist portion of the stear/heifer. The KC strips are good, but DON't I repeat DON'T freeze them. They are the lousiest frozen meat you can have. They are best fresh, it doesn't matter where you get it KC Strip steaks should be bought and eaten. ONLY

In my opinion for anyone who is going after steak get 1 of a couple of cuts. Ribeye is the best mainly because you are getting a premium cut and you can have just about anything done to them. Next is a combo of T-bone/porterhouse. Porterhouse is a top cut of T-bone and they are usually around the 16-20oz range. You can get them bigger but never smaller. If you go to the right places they can be the best steak in the house.

your knowledge of meat scares me. BUT, you gave me some advice when i start grilling this summer. thanks red!

• Directors

I have had Kobe beef, and worth every penny... Marbling is where much of the flavor comes from. I actuall by an uncut Ribeye Rack about once a month from my butcher to cut my self.

Red, Im in KC bro. Were pretty fond of our steaks as well....LOL.

I cook two cuts: Ribeye's and T-bones. These are my 'specialties'. I always pick my own, and while I do not butcher my own cow (as I'm sure you do...LMAO) I do pick based off of two factors; marbling and aging.

I would love to get together and throw a couple on the grill this summer Red. Hell, were only about 3 hours apart afterall.

You bring some of your steaks (They do sound good, I'm not denying that!) and I will cook em. 8) I will make you a special drink that ensures you don't remember anything that happens to you. :laugh:

Tool_Minion ]

Red, Im in KC bro. Were pretty fond of our steaks as well....LOL.

I cook two cuts: Ribeye's and T-bones. These are my 'specialties'. I always pick my own, and while I do not butcher my own cow (as I'm sure you do...LMAO) I do pick based off of two factors; marbling and aging.

I would love to get together and throw a couple on the grill this summer Red. Hell, were only about 3 hours apart afterall.

You bring some of your steaks (They do sound good, I'm not denying that!) and I will cook em. 8) I will make you a special drink that ensures you don't remember anything that happens to you. :laugh:

That sir made me LMAO.

And you got it

BTW I am not trying to plug these guys, but if you order steaks to have them delivered you check these guys out:

http://www.allenbrothers.com/

Though Omaha Steaks are alright I have had problems with them. Allen Brothers know how to hook you up.

Yeah Red, the cBF boys are going to be up in your neck of the woods this summer. BC asked if I was coming, but I heard that Aminalmother was coming, so I declined.

Prime brought down some Omaha steaks on his first visit (he lives IN Omaha) and I didn't enjoy them.....but to be fair we threw em on the grill and then smoked some kind that I had procured.....needless to say I forgot to flip em. :laugh:

Tool_Minion ]

Yeah Red, the cBF boys are going to be up in your neck of the woods this summer. BC asked if I was coming, but I heard that Aminalmother was coming, so I declined.

Prime brought down some Omaha steaks on his first visit (he lives IN Omaha) and I didn't enjoy them.....but to be fair we threw em on the grill and then smoked some kind that I had procured.....needless to say I forgot to flip em. :laugh:

I hate "Omaha Steaks" Most of them are gamey and come from farmers that like to grass feed their beef. While Amana Steaks are a 60-70 percent grain fed meat. Good mix and good eating. You can say Kobe is great but real steak is not over $20/oz or you are paying way to much fuckin money for food. Dumb

and Yea I heard sequoya was over hear last summer but I was too busy with work to do anything.