Socom 4 Delayed

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109221p1.html

If you were already putting on your camouflaged pants and face paint to gear up for the release of the next SOCOM, pump the brakes, kid; SOCOM 4 has been delayed.

Sony broke the news today with the following statement:

"We can confirm that SOCOM 4 will be released in 2011. The team is focusing on additional features which will help to deliver the most compelling and immersive SOCOM experience yet. Please look out for further updates and announcements over the coming months."

On the official SOCOM site, the following was posted:

"While we're certainly aware that you've been looking forward to playing SOCOM 4 this year, we don't want to take any shortcuts. Instead, we want to deliver the best and most immersive SOCOM game we possibly can and we're going to use our extra time to do just that."

I just heard. It stinks a little, but it is for the best. Socom has NEVER been delayed in it's existence on launch dates. Though one was never firmly in place here, a 2010 release was assumed. Socom 3 and CA released on time, but had a lot of flaws in them early on which had to be patched later. I'd rather have the game 100% finished and working great than see something like Confrontation hitting the shelves way too early. I don't mind waiting at all. It gives me a chance to dedicate most of my gaming time to Black Ops this fall. Or perhaps MoH.

http://www.socom.com/en-us/Blog/Post?id=340

Posted by Jeremy Dunham, Senior Communiy Manager, Zipper Interactive

Dear SOCOM faithful, Some of you may have heard through your favorite media outlets that SOCOM 4 is now a 2011 title, and we are writing this letter to you, our community, to confirm that SOCOM 4 is indeed scheduled for release in 2011.

While we're certainly aware that you've been looking forward to playing SOCOM 4 this year, we don't want to take any shortcuts. Instead, we want to deliver the best and most immersive SOCOM game we possibly can and we're going to use our extra time to do just that.

Over the coming months, you can expect further updates on our 2011 release, in addition to other gameplay and feature announcements on the official SOCOM 4 blog, which can be found at blog.socom.com.

On behalf of everyone here at Zipper Interactive, we want to thank you for being patient and thank you for sticking with us -- it will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,

The SOCOM 4 Team

I don't know about all that Last. GRFS is still respawn. A respawn game can't really be compared to Socom, except that they are both 3rd person. I'll definitely give GRFS a look, but for the immediate future only Black Ops and MoH are on the radar. Socom, GRFS, and Killzone 3 are all a long ways away (over 6 months for each).

o-BacklasH-o;814429']I don't know about all that Last. GRFS is still respawn. A respawn game can't really be compared to Socom' date=' except that they are both 3rd person. I'll definitely give GRFS a look, but for the immediate future only Black Ops and MoH are on the radar. Socom, GRFS, and Killzone 3 are all a long ways away (over 6 months for each).[/quote']I'm glad that GRFS is being looked into. With soo many disappointments, I like how [uF] has it's options open! And with the 'latest SOCOM 4 release date change' news, I'm really PISSED. Dec 1st is my BD and I had alot going on including staying at home to play the damn game. Now I'll have to just go find some hookers and have some cold ones instead ~ lol

CritiKiL;814432']I'm glad that GRFS is being looked into. With soo many disappointments' date=' I like how [uF'] has it's options open! And with the 'latest SOCOM 4 release date change' news, I'm really PISSED. Dec 1st is my BD and I had alot going on including staying at home to play the damn game. Now I'll have to just go find some hookers and have some cold ones instead ~ lol

If only we could get all three at the same time!! Hookers, Cold Beers, & Socom!! I could die a happy man. :rip:

Tool_Minion;814433']I called it. ;)
You aint the only one.. lol

Well at least we know Zipper hasn't changed much. lmao

Saw the date was changed at Gamestop the other day to 1/1/2011.

Time to bring this out:

SocomLoadScreen1.gif

Keep waiting.. Ships 3/1/2011

Edited by Chili327