Playstation Move Tomorrow

Anyone else here getting it besides me? I'm getting it tomorrow primarily for my daughter because of EyePet.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/15/kevin-butler-theres-a-new-pet-in-town/

If you are, there are a few demo's on the US Playstation Store, but the EU store has the rest that are on that demo disc.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/15/heads-up-game-store-update-15th-september-2010/

I posted this because I love the ending of this second video.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/09/playstation-moving-into-your-home-soon/

OK so do you have to use the navigation controller? I see you can use your regular controller but is it necessary to use it at all?

Look at me I was one that called it gay now I'm interested in it.

You don't have to get the navigation controller. It's just more ergonomically friendly.

GeneralSarcasm;816610']I don't plan on ever getting one. I'll play my kids wii if I want to play a game like that. I would buy a keyboard/mouse emulator before I got a move.

I kinda agree with that also. But I don't own a Wii. So this essentially turns my PS3 into a Wii HD. And my 4 yoa daughter can't watch those EyePet videos enough. So if it wasn't for her, I would wait until SOCOM 4 drops.

I'll post a review on the PS Move demo's after this weekend.

Edited by IRISH BULL

The EyePet is a MUST have if you have younger kids. Also, the PS Move is definitely 1 to 1 control. You can turn the Move into certain toys and tools on EyePet, and it moves where you move. There is no lag that I seen.

I didn't get a chance to play all the demo's, but I did manage to play with Start the Party, Sports Champions, Raquet Sports, and Beat Sketchers.

Beat Sketchers a type of paiting music game. It was OK, the music was kinda annoying. But again, painting shit on your screen is pretty cool. My daughter got a kick outta it.

Sport Champions and Raquet Sports are pretty damn cool, and a lot of fun. Raquet Sports takes some getting used to due to the fact it is in 3rd person, so you have to time your swing. But Sports Champions is spot on.

Now Start the Party. AWESOME!! This is definitely a cool have the friends over, have some drinks, and play some Start the Party. What makes this more fun than Wii, is that it puts you into the game. It just feels better when you see a cool sword in your hand or a tennis racket. And this game has you waving your arm around like a crazy person, and again, I didn't notice any lag. I'm definitely gonna get the full game.

So far, I do NOT think the PS Move is a gimmick. It is fun as HELL!! And has a ton of potential.

Edited by IRISH BULL

Picked up the Move, Navigator and Eye Pets today for my daughter. She had an absolute blast with it after school today. I agree with Irish that Eye Pets is a must have if you have children. As far as using it for shooters or other games I have yet to try it on those but will see what I can do tomorrow with it and assess it then.

Well if you have a will think of it as a Wii remote = Move Controller and Nunchuck = Navigator. For a game like Eye Pets the Move is used but not the Navigator. In a game such as Socom both will be used. The move is used for the reticle while that navigator well as it implies navigates your character.

(I meant to quote Irish's post with the pic in it)

I dont know about the rest of you but my wife makes enough fun of me the way it is when she overhears me calling out "tangos at juliet"over the mic. Do you know how much more I would have to deal with if I bought this (if its even real). LOL I would never hear the end of it.

Edited by BIGDANIEL

Guest Attitude

I just picked up the Move today but because of the damn maintenance on PSN I had to wait to do the demo downloads. My kids are dyin' to try this but now have to wait until tommorrow because the downloads will finish after their sound asleep. lol.

BIGDANIEL;816753'](I meant to quote Irish's post with the pic in it)

I dont know about the rest of you but my wife makes enough fun of me the way it is when she overhears me calling out "tangos at juliet"over the mic. Do you know how much more I would have to deal with if I bought this (if its even real). LOL I would never hear the end of it.

Yea, my wife gives me the same shit. But like I said on RVN's site, I am going FULL nerd with this attachment. lol