To Urgent Fury, VR, & Pathogen

• 2 weeks later...
That was great. Nice job Viper on maning up. I love your work bro but I gotta tell ya that was the best piece I have ever heard from you. I hope that Path responds to this.

WOW! A week went by and I thought this was all over with and you all had to come stir the pot. :violin:

Silence is Golden at times!

Maybe more apologies are necessary!

actually, I haven't said anything because there isn't anything to say. The subject should have been over with a simple answer to the original question and never elevated to typical UF drama, ya? Now I realize that there is a stigma about myself, left over from the ban first ask questions later days, which is fine. Usually when someone shows evidence of cheating by an official, that person gets ganged up on and ostracized. No big deal, its been over for years, I've let go of it even if some haven't. That being said, I've waited for a phone call that I heard Viper wanted to make so that we could lay it to rest personally. I have no, and never had, any animosity towards him...never ran into him in game that I recall and have no idea why he would hold any towards me (other than him being in the previously mentioned clan). In that phone call I would have apologized for wording my question and suggestion in such a way that he, having a bad day AND putting so much effort and work into UF, misconstrued my intention and was offended by it. As you can see, a good part of the community agreed with my principle and I hope that Viper looks at it with a clearer head now and sees what I'd meant. I still hold no ill-will towards him, in moments of stress anyone can lash out at a perceived slight. He has put in a lot of time into UF and I feel that he and a couple others have turned this site and community into their baby.

I want to also apologize for my 3 questions I sent in, which I think clouded Viper's mood towards me. I sent in the questions after suggesting to a brass member that the podcasts could be livened up. Some of the interviews dragged, a lot of the intro music went on way too long..and who knows, maybe that is coming from my ADD attention span :) In all seriousness though, I sent them in the hopes that whomever scripts the 'casts would turn them into a funny little ditty or a comedic short. Much like the sexually charged one about cream on a certain person's face. I can totally imagine Cmnder. Fury's voice announcing seriously : "And now, an important question has been asked from the Urgent Fury collective..."Commander Fury, we in the community are mesmerized by your voice and need to know....DO your balls hang low, and do they wobble to and fro?" ...well Urgent Furies, I'd like to answer that question by saying...." and well, I'll leave the creative answer to you guys, and hope that whatever you come up with is funny enough to make you chuckle when you think of Fury's voice saying it.

Lastly, I'd like to put it out there that yes...this site is paid and bought for and the owners can do whatever they see fit with it. But they pride themselves on building a community, by listening to the community, and working WITH the community. So if this is the case, we must all take a part to help OUR community mature and grow. We all want the same things here, we want a good, clean place to do battle...to communicate with friends and foes and create our online gamer relationships. This is a hub we can all use to vent frustrations, educate ourselves on tech and gaming and other things in life, to feel a sense of belonging, and most importantly....to have fun. In order to do this, we need to remember that with no leadership, there can be no community..and with no community, the leadership becomes superfluous. To think otherwise is to have a dictatorship, a ruling by fear, and we saw how that worked out. Locke, Hobbes, and Rosseau had it right when they pre-dated the American Declaration of Independence with their notions of the Social Contract. While not so lofty as creating nations and a philosophy to govern world titans, it can apply to Urgent Fury as well. We all need to take a positive role, whether it is to abide by the social parameters set by the leaders, or by the leaders listening to the needs of the community they are trying to build..it goes hand in hand.

Edited by Pathogen-