SOCOM Beta

Guest Attitude
cool, I just bought one for $6. I posted up something on KZ3 forums and got in in < 10 mins. on ebay they are all going for over $10 it's crazy.
S4 betas are being sold on ebay? Lol, thats awsome, i'm gonna go have me a look!:peep:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO PS pluas members get in on the action?

And I doubt the beta will start yet. The KZ demo came out only a couple of weeks before the game was released.

If you mean the beta, I had access about 2 months ago to the KZ3 beta.

Yeah, I'll get PS Plus if I can get the beta!

And as for PS Plus subscribers, sometimes they put stipulations that you had to have been a subscriber before a certain date. I think that's how the DC Online beta worked for the PS Plus.

I doubt it will work that way, because they would lose a ton of money. But don't be surpirsed if they do. Or, only make it available to the yearly subscription.

But like I said on another post, it's coming to the US PS Plus subscibers. They already said it was coming to the EU PS Plus subscibers starting in March. There is no way it's just for the people who got KZ3 today.

Edited by IRISH BULL

zipper finally answered socom beta questions:

Hey everyone,

Though I have already posted in other threads today, I wanted to put this thread up so there's a central place to go.

Q: When does the SOCOM 4 beta start?

A: We haven't announced the times yet. Look for info the week of February 28 or the week after

Q: Will there be other ways to access the beta outside of Killzone 3 in North America or PlayStation Plus in Europe?

A: Yes, expect to hear the details of that around the same time as we announce the beta period.

Q: How will we find out when the beta starts?

A: We'll update the SOCOM.com blog with official information when the time is right.

zipper finally answered socom beta questions:

Hey everyone,

Though I have already posted in other threads today, I wanted to put this thread up so there's a central place to go.

A: We haven't announced the times yet. Look for info the week of February 28 or the week after

Q: Will there be other ways to access the beta outside of Killzone 3 in North America or PlayStation Plus in Europe?

A: Yes, expect to hear the details of that around the same time as we announce the beta period.

A: We'll update the SOCOM.com blog with official information when the time is right.

Where did this come from?

Nevermind, I just saw it on SOCOM.com

Edited by xT-BlRDx

quick question...My brother in law bought KZ3 today, and he gave me the beta code from it, do you stratch it off with a coin (like a lottery card) or do you peel it off? This si actually the first time I got a card with code on it.

Scratch it off with a coin. Just like a Scratch N Sniff.

zipper finally answered socom beta questions: (insert sarcasm)

Hey everyone,

I updated your post.

I was watching one of the MP trailers last night and noticed on one of the guys he had a big ass curved knife. The guy had a beanie hat on and looked like a merc. I thought itwas pretty cool. I had to rewind and slow the clip down to get a good look. And a few guys looked like they had pistols holstered.

I was watching one of the MP trailers last night and noticed on one of the guys he had a big ass curved knife. The guy had a beanie hat on and looked like a merc. I thought itwas pretty cool. I had to rewind and slow the clip down to get a good look. And a few guys looked like they had pistols holstered.

and thanks to Zipper they can't take them out of the holsters.

Idk about you guys but this whole idea of everyone being super seals seems silly to me. The best part about the old socoms was the fact that members in your clan/party had assigned roles. Some guys would cover you with their snipers, others would camp your spawn with there silent weapons, while others rushed and tried to get the kills. Now it just seems like everyone will have a sniper on their back and a gun in their hands and not have to rely on each other anymore. Now if they had it like the cod style of duel weapons in which you started with your pistol and then killed someone or found a weapon on the ground you could pick it up as your secondary then that would be fine. But I guess another way or putting it is if everyone is a super seal then really no one is.

Edited by Last-

Guest Attitude

I have to agree with you Last, but only to a point. I play the close quarters game and suck with a sniper rifle. I will probably always carry a shotty & medium range assult weapon. Now, the professional snipers on the other hand will probably be the ones carrying a sniper rifle and an assult rifle.

Either way, yes the position players of old will be lost, to an extent.

Here's a link to a 4 minute S4 multi-player vid with some awsome looking map shots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xnXJ-d4R20&feature=related

Edited by Attitude

Hopefully they'll have weight requirements like in MAG. Like if I'm carrying a Sniper Rifle I can't also carry a LMG or Assault. Or carry 2 assault rifles. Some of the options would be unrealistic. Try to carry 2 M60's plus ammo sometime. Carry only 1 M60 is tough enough.

In basic I had to carry an M60 on road marches for punishment once. Well the rest of basic. It sucked big time.

Edited by Outlaw__Rebel