SOCOM Beta

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to shut down the thread with that post but just wanted to protect my friends. If I were an admin here I would remove the malignant post so we can keep this thread up.

You guys all know I am right about this.

Don't want to see any of you get banned from future betas or Socom in any way. I had to put it out there cause it was eating at me.

• Directors
I didn't mean to shut down the thread with that post but just wanted to protect my friends. If I were an admin here I would remove the malignant post so we can keep this thread up.

You guys all know I am right about this.

Don't want to see any of you get banned from future betas or Socom in any way. I had to put it out there cause it was eating at me.

Blackcloud is right ladies & germs.

Like it, or not....It's called a "Private" BETA for a reason.

Our relationship with Sony & Zipper is very important to this community. And this kind of "shady" business cannot be condoned or endorsed by the Admins of UF.

people looking to get in should monitor socom4 forums and zipper twitter, etc. they've been giving them away left and right. they even started a thread on the forums and said everyone that posts in the thread gets one, and they delivered. That stuff is over, but they have said they will be giving away more today and over the weekend as well.

people looking to get in should monitor socom4 forums and zipper twitter, etc. they've been giving them away left and right. they even started a thread on the forums and said everyone that posts in the thread gets one, and they delivered. That stuff is over, but they have said they will be giving away more today and over the weekend as well.

So it's not that "private" as everone is saying. If they are handing out private beta codes left and right.

And if they wanted to prevent you from sharing your beta DL'd, they could have. They could have set the private beta invite to work on one PSN ID. My KZ3 beta worked that way. The early private one.

And just for the record, I do not condone private beta sharing.

IMO, they did it that way on purpose. I think they are slowly testing the severs, a little at a time. Hence, the beta roll out schedule.

But back to what Genreal metioned. I've said it before, and I'll say again... The best thing about Twitter is all the free shit you can win.

Cereal and Deadpool you couldn't be more misinformed. Nobody here got the private beta for being in UF or in UF Staff. The private beta was sent out to tons of people, it just happens that many of the UF Community are members of the Gamer Advisory Panel and/or Playstation Underground. That has always been the way Sony has chosen beta testers, along with active members on the Playstation Forums/Socom.com forums.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Cereal and Deadpool you couldn't be more misinformed. Nobody here got the private beta for being in UF or in UF Staff. The private beta was sent out to tons of people, it just happens that many of the UF Community are members of the Gamer Advisory Panel and/or Playstation Underground. That has always been the way Sony has chosen beta testers, along with active members on the Playstation Forums/Socom.com forums.

Come on Lash, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona.....I'll sell it to you real cheap!

Seriously? I mean come on there are plenty of people on my friends list who are not UF Staff that got the beta code...How do you explain all these other clans having it? Including clans that were DENIED entry into UF?

Urgent Fury and your status here doesn't have any effect on whether or not you get into the beta. A big part of getting into this beta has been the Socom 4 boards. Dunham started a post yesterday that said if you want into the beta reply here.. It got up to over 300 posts before they locked it down and he PMed each person a code that replied individually. This has been a pretty easy beta to get into for a "Private Beta"

I think the NDA in this case was mostly a CYA thing in case the game is/was a total bomb.

Zipper twitter code giveaway for today:

Happy Friday! Retweet this post and follow us and at 12pm Pacific, we'll give away 5 #SOCOM 4 beta codes to random fans!

but now that i see it's 3pm EST they are about to give them out so sorry for the useless post.

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

They are giving out 75 more codes today on the socom forums at 4:30 est.

You can find instructions for what you have to do in the "stickied" topic within the "SOCOM 4" section of the forums

http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4/Coming-Soon-Beta-Code-Giveaway-Saturday-Edition/td-p/1399700

READ THIS FIRST!

Greetings!

We're giving away 75 SOCOM 4 beta codes at 1:30pm Pacific Time (4:30pm Eastern). However, please keep in mind that the codes distributed will only work on North American PSN accounts and nowhere else. So please don't post if you don't have one (otherwise the code won't work)

This thread will be closed after the first 75 qualified posts (or near-abouts). To get your code, you must confirm in your post that you have an American PSN account. If you don't, you won't get a code -- NO EXCEPTIONS (since codes are limited we don't want to waste them)

This thread will also be where you must post when the time comes -- so be sure to bookmark it!

Codes will be delivered via Private Message on the forums. Good luck and see you at 1:30!

They are giving out 75 more codes today on the socom forums at 4:30 est.

You can find instructions for what you have to do in the "stickied" topic within the "SOCOM 4" section of the forums

I can wait until my beta code works, but I think it's completely ridiculous that they hand out free beta codes like candy at a parade instead of just releasing the killzone beta codes that they duped everyone into buying.