SOCOM 4 Patch v1.03... Thoughts?

We would like to have any thoughts or opinions on the recent SOCOM 4 patch, v1.03. We are already getting good reports from the Urgent Fury Rangers, but we want to hear from everyone.

Please keep it clean and professional. Any feedback you leave on this thread, will be forwarded to Zipper.

Thanks.

Well they definitely fixed the "late spawn" issue. Which was the biggest thing to me personally. The pe4's fall like your throwing a brick, which doesn't hurt my feelings any. Look speed acceleration is nice and definitely improves your ability to catch up to a moving target. The rest of it doesn't make a huge difference. Lets all say a prayer and hope the party system gets here soon, that's what our clan needs more so than the rest of this. However I think they did help with overall gameplay in this patch. On a parting note there seems to be some new issues with the clan challenge system now. When we were challenging a clan we were getting confirmation prompts. Problem was the prompts name a different clan from the one we challenged and asks us to confirm challenge request. Example; we challenge [101] in bomb squad, then we get a prompt asking us to confirm challenge sent to [ReD] in bomb squad. This was occurring this afternoon and I think it may have been due to lag on the servers caused from the add on content downloads. Anyone else experience this issue?

Edited by x--JERK--x

The dot I'm not so sure about for me. It seems to bug me. might need to

Play with it more.

Look Speed... If you are sniping where do you want that thing set at?

Also turning the xp points off. I frigging got used to the xp showing up. Now i'm not sure sometimes if I killed someone.

I know you can turn that stuff back on.

Edited by Outlaw__Rebel

Well here are the things I've seen as I played from the moment that patch came out until right now.

1. The Camera is way better then it was that's for sure. There are things here and there but for the most part they fixed it.

2. The dead zone and acceleration work just like they did in socom 2 and I for one am so happy they did this. I love the feel to the controller settings now.

3. The tap to talk is working way better then it was. It still needs a little work but from what I read and what I heard they are even doing more for the tap to talk in the next patch.

4. The spawn delay is almost fixed in full. There has been a few times where I seen it take a second to spawn me but way better then 10 to 15 seconds.

5. PE4 Explosives has been fixed so people can no longer throw them across the map. I seen a few people try to still use them and end up blowing there own team mates up.

6. I really like the center dot. It's small but it does it's job and I think it does it well.

7. Now for the clan challenge they did make it so the ready clans are moved to the top but every time I click on a clan to war them and I wait and don't get a answer I hit cancel and it tells me I challenged a different clan then I really did and it makes me think the clan I really sent the invite to never got it at all. It's really hard to get wars more then it was before now. Also the whole problem where it says there is a clan with 6 and then you get into the room and they got 8 is still a huge problem. Out of 12 wars it happened 5 to 6 times and it gets old fast.

8. Multiplayer Game-types are now organized by category - This looks way better then they did before. The got rid of the quick match crap and they made it looks a lot better then it did before.

9. The problem with bomb squad where the team that won a round and then the next round starts and right at the beginning it says we won again is still there and really needs to be fixed. Cause I know if I was in a war and that happen to me I would break my controller lol

10. The strafe and backwards movement speeds are really nice now. I think they hit this one right on the head and it feels great now.

11. When you are the bomb tech the next round I end up with smoke and flash instead of my old load out before I was the bomb tech. This is another thing that needs to be fixed. I'm hoping for it in the next patch cause I don't think it should take that much to fix this.

12. The new maps aren't on the stats page and I don't know if this was just over looked or they knew that they weren't there but it would be nice to see them added.

13. The new guns I really like both of them but the mods could be way better I mean a Bipod on a M16 is dumb. I think they could find something way better to add to that gun. I hope they will fix this and change it to a front grip or something along those lines.

All in all I think this is one of the best patches I've seen zipper make for any socom game to date. I hope this is the way it will keep coming now. I have a few more things to add to my list but I will do it tomorrow cause I've been playing socom all day and I need some rest.

Yeah I still spawn late buts its only the first round of the map. I see people running when my timer say 12 secs to spawn.

Is this happening in classic? I've seen this in respawn rooms but my timer is still running, so I'm spawning when the game thinks I should, so I suspect it's the way it's supposed to be.

The clan challenge problem where it says you challenged a different clan was happening to me last night as well. Also I noticed that after the first clan challenge map (we left challenge because more clan mates came on) it takes me back to clan challenge screen but also has parts of the main screen overlayed on top of it. I had to back off the online and log back on for it to disappear.

The host can still not re-join. We had it happen to us twice since the patch came out. Also when in the clan match system what happens is, You challenge a clan and then it changes that clans status. The challenge does not show up for the clan so you cancel it only it asks if your sure you want to cancel against a diff clan. That is because it just takes the name of the next clan on the list and inserts it because when the clan you challenged left ready status it was replaced by a diff clan in the challenge list.

Also when someone challenges you it doesnt show up half the time BUT it will change your clan status to "In Challenge". If you see yur status change without you doing anything then challenge another clan and it will make the challenge sent to you appear.

Double rounding on Bomb squad is still a big issue, PE4 is pretty much taken care of, but the weapon load outs seem to be really iffy. Between not being able to change your load out in between rounds and having your inventory set to smoke and flash after being the bomb squad it can be a little ridiculous.

Also there is a huge issue with the clan match system showing clans who arent there and also don't have a name.

Edited by ShadowOfaSolja

1.Some hang ups with walls were you get stuck in jump ,then all of sudden u fall threw the map.

It has happen mostly on Bale Out .....

2. Bomb Tech load out getting transfered to next round...

3. Hit detection still off ,or should i say there might be some lateness between teams?

4. Clan Names not showing up in Clan Challenge

5. Chat button should be with a tone or be able to change to another button

6. OK my last complaint on small maps they should change throwing distants on all boom !

I finally got to play some last night. Is it just me, or do the load screens take much longer now? Maybe I was just being a bit impatient last night, but the majority of load screens seemed to take forever.

I've noticed this happening at times, but it's not consistant. One time the screen was done loading but it stayed black, and then I was getting game audio, could hear people talking but I never got "in game". Had to quit.

I love the center dot. I like having it there. I feel more confident with it. I didn't have any issues that I can think of, just yet. So far I love this patch. Like I keep reminding my clan, we need to re-review this game around the beginning of August. I have a feeling the party system is not gonna be a cookie cutter type of party system. They have that on MAG. I think it's gonna be a little more robust.

But I need some help with the new controller options. And please explain it to me like I'm an idiot, becuase I am with this new controller scheme.

What is Dead Zone and Acceleration? I mean what do they do? I obviously know what turn speed and pitch speed is, what do the others do? And how do they relate to turn and pitch speed?

Deadzone is how far you push the joystick before it recognizes it's being pushed. So if you have it set high, when you barely push the stick it recognizes it.

Acceeration is how fast it goes from 0 to all out pushed forward. Best way I can explain it anyways. LOL

Edited by BigMoneyNacku

What is Dead Zone and Acceleration? I mean what do they do? I obviously know what turn speed and pitch speed is, what do the others do? And how do they relate to turn and pitch speed?

The dead zone is how much you have to push your sticks for them to respond. Acceleration is just like what you think it is. It makes your movements faster. Like I told my clan if you turned them up in socom 2 a good starting point for us was to turn the dead zone damn near half way up and then next two all the way up and the last one again was half way up. Then if you notice that you can't keep control of your gun turn them down as you see fit.