Crucible-X Suggestion.?

Why not take what was learned from the first Crucible and tweak it a bit. Same game, just on a different console. I liked the changing of the settings each week.

I still would like to suggest removing perks and allowing the 1 default grenade.

Red0ctobeR ]

I think it is funny how much that one perk gets talked about. Like it will make a difference if we tell you guys to shut it completely off rather then say NO BOOM.

?? The default grenade "isnt" a perk.......

No my point is an ALL Search & Destroy tourney, changing maps every week.

- Hardcore

- Friendly Fire ON

- No Respawn

Playing like an old game of Socom.. Tactically & careful not to kill a team mate because their is NO Respawn.

All of this run & gun, rushing all the time, respawn shyt gets old, & gives me a headache .lol

It reminds me of all the time i spent hounding my guys in Socom not to rush out & die, & now thats all anyone does again.!

I got nothing against switching up the perks, and maps each week. ;D

Chili-Palmer ]

- Hardcore

- Friendly Fire ON

- No Respawn

Playing like an old game of Socom.. Tactically & careful not to kill a team mate because their is NO Respawn.

All of this run & gun, rushing all the time, respawn shyt gets old, & gives me a headache .lol

It reminds me of all the time i spent hounding my guys in Socom not to rush out & die, & now thats all anyone does again.!

I would agree with that as long as the defending team switches every round because if your on a tough map attacking and your down 3-0 by the time your defending it puts the pressure on. And by switching it every round it makes it more even. As for the socom experience I see search&destroy as more of a breach and sabotage as demo. If you play sabotage with no respawn and round based its almost just like socom becuase the bomb is in the middle.

I dont agree with it being awful.... I actually like the gun vs gun battles. I just wish there was a way to completely turn off grenades so "stuff" doesnt happen. Im here to tell you it DOES accidentally happen, and it CAN be done by anybody. I almost cost us our run in the Crucible due to a accidental nade kill in the semi-finals.

Red0ctobeR ]

I know 2 clans NEVER had the problem throught the Crucible. It is about discipline.

::)

It was a common problem that MANY clans had. You can try and chalk it up to whatever you want but some we're accidentally thrown, some thrown and then denied, some thrown due to a in game glitch, and some thrown our of stupidity (martydom perk). My concern was just about removing issues during the league. Not being "for or against" a no nade tournament.

Guest Stealthknight

Red no one is disagreeing with you that it is a No Nade tourny as of current and that those who cant fess up to throwing nades should be removed BUT I think we all also feel that the Tourny should taylor to the game and not the other way around. This tourny was made for socom and altered for CoD. The dicipline required in socom was that you TURN OFF nades. How is that different then turning off perks as a dicipline? Both are controlled by the host of the room and require no action by the players at hand. These things are accidents and do happen and will happen to everyone at one point even if they havent yet. They may not kill someone but im sure a nade will be thrown. Let try to keep this on topic and discuss any possible changes to be made rather then who has the better non-nade throwing record.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

we all also feel that the Tourny should taylor to the game and not the other way around.  This tourny was made for socom and altered for CoD.  The dicipline required in socom was that you TURN OFF nades.

Thats all Im trying to say......

Let the Crucible stand as CoD4's evaluation tournament but allow it to reflect its set up and gameplay, not Socom's.

Chili, sorry for hi-jacking the thread because that wasn't my intention. But I should simply back away now cause I can already see the direction its heading....... Banging my head against a concrete wall sounds more fun at this point.

I was always under the assumption that these sprint tournies were evaluation tournaments and the no-nades rule was to help see if clans were honest or not. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that for cod4 it works even better. If you accidentally throw a nade and own up to it like a man, then it's really no harm/no foul.(other than yer forfiet) Where if you lie and try to pull a fast one, then the admins know yer clan prolly isn't to be trusted for THE tac-map.

I would rather deal with all of this shit in the sprint, than get to THE tac-map tourney and find out some asshole clan got in and is fucking it up for the rest of us. Now I ain't naming names, but when there was a TV for a prize alot of fuckwad clans came outta the woodwork, IMO.

I see no reason to change it to nades, or no perks. The admins need to have a game with parameters that ALLOW for mistakes so they can EVALUATE clans joining this community. Which really is the most important thing for UF, to keep the garbage out.

Just my tree-fiddy.

edit: Dammit wiz posted before I finished. Wiz, aren't you guys ultimately trying to get into the big dance and win that? If so, why give a shit about how the eval tourney goes.

Guest Stealthknight

I hea what ur sayin man. And to a point I agree with you but when you allow for an option to make a mistake to alter the game in that large of a factor (Forfeit of the map) it also misconstrudes the standing to put the clan with the least mistakes at the top rather then the one with the best record. I do trust the staff is making some changes and will be glad to see them when they are released. If they are looking at lowering the penalty for such a mistake then I would agree to leave the No Nades if the penalty it like 25 points or 50 points taken away for every nade thrown. I just hate to see 1 very easily made mistake effect the standings board in such a HUGE way.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

The dicipline required in socom was that you TURN OFF nades. 

That is actually incorrect. In socom nades are left on. Just just have to make sure you dont use them. Otherwise we wouldnt be able to use smoke and flash.

Has no effect in the thread really, and Im out after that point but just bringing it up.....Carry on!

These eval tournies will ALWAYS be no nades. It has been that way, and will more than likely always be that way.

It really IS ALL about discipline. Just don't use it. Plus, as someone said here, I love the idea of guners vs gunners. There are entirely too many maps on C.O.D. that are like frostfire. You chuck a grenade when you start to the othe side of the map and boom! 3 guys down. Where is the fun and skill in that? Just don't use the damn grenade, and be a man and own up to it if you do. It really isn't that hard, and I can't believe we are actually talking about this agian. I'm done.! ;D

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

When did this thread take the turn to this ugly place...!?

I'm going to quote myself again to start over because im not sure where this went wrong. (possibly some left over hostility.?) Eitherway im not discussing or trying to change anything about the Crucible Tourney.

I'm plainly stating my suggestions for the Crucible-X (which if you dont know is for Xbox360)

Chili-Palmer ]

Hardcore Search & Destroy. ;D

No mention of Nades.. & apparently isn't clear what Hardcore means..

So i explained in better detail of what i meant here..

Chili-Palmer ]

- Hardcore

- Friendly Fire ON

- No Respawn

But im still not sure where the nades got brought up & turned into a debate about if they should be allowed or not..!?

Again.. All i am suggesting is "Hardcore - Search & Destroy" for Crucible-X B)