What was your reaction to Y2K???

I made a post on the APC forums and used Y2K as part of a joke...it got me to thinking what I did for Y2K and then I thought I wonder what everyone else did. So let's keep this one clean guys, no talking about gayness or anything, just honestly how did YOU react to the possible "end of the computer aged world due to massive computer failure?"

I know I was only about 14 or so, and I know my parents and family didnt do anything besides sit back and drink on that fateful new Year's Eve. No fear of anything and no fear of Nuclear Breakdown or anything.

What were some of your fears? Your reactions? Out of fear did you prepare for the end of the world? Or at least a period of time where the world's economies and systems would shut down?

Also hit me with any conspiracy theories on this, I love stuff like this and would love to read what you all have to say on the subject.

So let's get to it!

D75

Guest Wulfman

I hate to sound like a red neck.....(which I am) but have you ever listened to the song " A Country Boy Can Survive"?

I really thought it was rather funny. I went to bed early that night.....I think. I was going hunting the next day with my dad!!

Guest [OGC] JARHEAD

Watched my drunk cousin cry because he thought it was the end of the world....

Also played ReM- End of the world really really loud every New Year ever since just to piss off the neighbors..

Guest lockdown72

i was doing overtime at the prison i worked at. they state prison officals thought the inmates were going to try something. easiest money i ever made.

Ummm, I was getting drunk and laughing at my bosses of the time. They gave us all 2 weeks off, not paid of course, to think about the end of the world coming and reflect on our lives. They pulled all their money out of banks and had been stocking up on everything. I was still broke all the time back then, so I didn't care. ;D

I lived in Dallas at the time and was working for the Federal Housing SecurityPolice. We were ordered to assist the Dallas Police Dept. with any civil unrest that would likely occur. I was assigned to the Downtown area and the WestEnd Area.

Funny side note: I was equiped that night to handle just about ANYTHING that my occur. They issued us EVERYTHING under the sun as far as weapons and other equipment. I was better equiped that night than I was when I was deployed in Somalia.

Anyway, we ended up doing nothing of consequence and watched drunk babes get taken advantage of at the New Years Eve parties...LOL

on second thought...I did do one thing that night, I hooked up with this chick from one of the parties and celebrated in MY own way... ;)

I was at Universal Studios watching a bunch of bands play to celebrate the new year.!!

2000 was no biggie, but lots of fireworks ..lol

Really didn't think twice about the computer stuff.. i dont watch the news, so i didn't get caught up in the hype. (and thats why i dont watch the news..)

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

lets see, i ws broke, no money in the bank, didnt own a computer, unemployed, single, didnt really effect me so i got drunk and rooted for the fall of civilization as we know it.

Guest [BD] Turco
Undertow ]

Though I WANTED to withdraw all my money out of my bank accounts, I was too lazy to do so......and waited to see.

But it WAS something I was very worried about.

I thought same thing but also too lazy

Deutscher75 ]

I made a post on the APC forums and used Y2K as part of a joke...it got me to thinking what I did for Y2K and then I thought I wonder what everyone else did. So let's keep this one clean guys, no talking about gayness or anything, just honestly how did YOU react to the possible "end of the computer aged world due to massive computer failure?"

I know I was only about 14 or so, and I know my parents and family didnt do anything besides sit back and drink on that fateful new Year's Eve. No fear of anything and no fear of Nuclear Breakdown or anything.

What were some of your fears? Your reactions? Out of fear did you prepare for the end of the world? Or at least a period of time where the world's economies and systems would shut down?

Also hit me with any conspiracy theories on this, I love stuff like this and would love to read what you all have to say on the subject.

So let's get to it!

D75

Your only 21??? wow.

Anyway i was young at the time too. Though not too young to get my hands on a bottle of ABSOLUT VODKA. My friend and myself drank it and ended up puking for quite some time :-X :-X :-X. Come to think of it the end of the world might have been a brighter alternative to how I was feeling at that point. ;D ;

P.S haven't touched Vodka in 7 years... ;)

MAXIMUS666 ]
Deutscher75 ]

So let's get to it!

D75

Your only 21??? wow.

Anyway i was young at the time too. Though not too young to get my hands on a bottle of ABSOLUT VODKA. My friend and myself drank it and ended up puking for quite some time :-X :-X :-X. Come to think of it the end of the world might have been a brighter alternative to how I was feeling at that point. ;D ;

P.S haven't touched Vodka in 7 years... ;)

thats like me my Junior Year in high school when me and my boy Stiles got arrested for being drunk and disorderly in a dance club, and for prohibition. lol Haven't mixed scotch and tequila since that night...actually I havent touched scotch since, but I can still take care of a fithf of tequila just fine on my own!

D75

MAXIMUS666 ]

You have a friend name stiles????

Whats your name...WHEELS???

no we called him stiles, lol it was his last name, his first name is Trevor, and so calling him Trev, was pretty gay and trevor wasnt easy enough, so it became Stiles, and he lived by it, lol.

And I am not WHEELZ but APC does have a WHEELZ amongst our ranks, lol he's a little on the short side...God forbid him atually read this post, lol

D75

i was kind of younger my cousin told me that eventually food would run out and we would have to start eating eachother to stay alive and he said i would be the first to go

Guest Smack
Deutscher75 ]
Smack-- ]

my first ever time drinking i funnelled vodka   in grade 9   :-X

bongin vodka...your a brave man!

I drank my first beer when i was 9, back home in Deutschland with my Opa. Hooked on the barley and hops since that day...

D75

ya i dont drink as much as i used to cause it just takes me too much to get drunk but I do enoy my drinking. That other night when I type on her eall drunk and shit. I was at my bars staff party and my boss was feeding me free Jim Beam all night ... I think they just wanted to see what the giant guy was like drunk lol

Smack-- ]

ya i dont drink as much as i used to cause it just takes me too much to get drunk but I do enoy my drinking.   That other night when I type on her eall drunk and shit.  I was at my bars staff party and my boss was feeding me free Jim Beam all night  ... I think they just wanted to see what the giant guy was like drunk lol

can you say fluffy teddy bear?

D75

Guest Smack
Deutscher75 ]
Smack-- ]

ya i dont drink as much as i used to cause it just takes me too much to get drunk but I do enoy my drinking.   That other night when I type on her eall drunk and shit.  I was at my bars staff party and my boss was feeding me free Jim Beam all night  ... I think they just wanted to see what the giant guy was like drunk lol

can you say fluffy teddy bear?

D75

Exactly i'm a nice drunk lol except the time this guy thought it'd be funny to sack me and I beat the crap out of him. Besides that when i'm drunk I joke around alot and hit on girls alot more often adn gressively like alot of people lol

Smack-- ]

Exactly  i'm a nice drunk lol  except the time this guy thought it'd be funny to sack me and I beat the crap out of him.   Besides that when i'm drunk I joke around alot and hit on girls alot more often adn gressively  like alot of people lol

lol bro im the same way, until you piss me off, then its like incredible hulk bursts out and I'm ready to kill a mofo! lol

D75