GTA IV will be the best game ever, bigger than anyone expected .......

I was JUST going to post the link to the final trailer but you beat me to it...lol Damn, I can't wait to get this game!

Here's the link to the final trailer on the official site:

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=videos&content=trailer4

What elements make for a great game?

maturegp6.jpg

Hell yeah!!! ;)

Socom Confrontation BETTER have blood.

Just out of curiosity..

Do you guys that "cant wait for this game" think that San Andreas was the best of the series..?

I LOVED GTA3, but not so much Miami (i forget what it was called ..lol), or San Andreas. i never even got out of LA. so to me i dont see what makes this new one so exciting.

Maybe someone could enlighten me on what makes GTAIV so cool.

Chili-Palmer ]

Just out of curiosity..

Do you guys that "cant wait for this game" think that San Andreas was the best of the series..?

I LOVED GTA3, but not so much Miami (i forget what it was called ..lol), or San Andreas. i never even got out of LA. so to me i dont see what makes this new one so exciting.

Maybe someone could enlighten me on what makes GTAIV so cool.

I liked all of them and I do think that San Andreas was the best one because it was the newest in the series and the playable area was bigger. For me what makes it so exciting is the whole open ended gameplay and being able to go anywhere you want. The bigger the better and GTAIV seems like it's going to be a HUGE area. That's the appeal to me, the freedom to explore a detailed virtual world and complete missions whenever I want to advance the story or unlock new areas. But to each his own. If you didn't like San Andreas then you probably won't like GTAIV, it's just a matter of taste. Just like some people hated Vegas 2 and other liked it.

So what was it about GTA 3 that you liked that San Andreas or Vice City didn't have? To me the newer ones just kept improving upon the older ones with bigger cities and better graphics.

Guest Stealthknight

I got to say I love the GTA franchise. It is the ONLY single player game I have not gotten tired of. With the nearly endless possibilites and ability to move at your own pace and explore to just about anywhere and always find something new to do its just an amazing creation and one of the best franchises created.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i liked san andreas after i finished the game. something about jsut cruising around in my cars was cool. maybe stop and shoot somebody...lol. i just liked to free roam.

oh yeah... in vice city, i used to go to the roof of the auto dealership with a sniper rifle and rpg. i would shoot cops and helicopters until the fbi and army came, then jump down and get the cool cars that only show up with a 5 star wanted. i would race through town and put em in one of my garages. the black cop blazer, the 6x6 army truck, had em all. did anybody else create their own side missions like this??

xPUDDYTATx ]

i liked san andreas after i finished the game. something about jsut cruising around in my cars was cool. maybe stop and shoot somebody...lol. i just liked to free roam.

oh yeah... in vice city, i used to go to the roof of the auto dealership with a sniper rifle and rpg. i would shoot cops and helicopters until the fbi and army came, then jump down and get the cool cars that only show up with a 5 star wanted. i would race through town and put em in one of my garages. the black cop blazer, the 6x6 army truck, had em all. did anybody else create their own side missions like this??

LMFAO! Yeah I did that too. I had one garage that had only police vehicles. Boy it sure was ahrd as hell getting the car in the garage before the caught you. That black blazer was the shit, adn what I did all those side missions as a cop in.

This game looks f'ing amazing!! I don't know if it was said on this site, but someone said "it will be like a Sims game with car jacking's and murder." The links Lucifer posted make this game sound like an actual virtual criminal world.

xPUDDYTATx ]

Lol! I'd do that too. One of the things I liked doing in San Andreas was creating a mass car pileup on the freeway. I'd set a "road side bomb" (satchel), actually about 20 of them...lol on the side of the road and set it off when a big group of cars was going by. Then the other cars that were racing by would crash into them and the explosions would cause a chain reaction.

And of course having sex with hookers and then shooting them and getting my money back...lol!

From What I've heard, Gta IV is gonna be 2-3 times as big as big as San Andreas....Not Positive though.....But that is Freaking huge....The only thing i seem disapointed in, is that they took out planes in the game.... :'( I used to love flying the Hydra In Gta:SA and have 6 stars on me and go on a total rampage!!...lol ;D

MRM3T ]

From What I've heard' date=' Gta IV is gonna be 2-3 times as big as big as San Andreas....Not Positive though.....But that is Freaking huge....The only thing i seem disapointed in, is that they took out planes in the game.... :'( I used to love flying the Hydra In Gta:SA and have 6 stars on me and go on a total rampage!!...lol ;D

[/quote']

There will be helicopters you can fly in, no planes

MRM3T ]

The only thing i seem disapointed in' date=' is that they took out planes in the game.... :'( I used to love flying the Hydra In Gta:SA and have 6 stars on me and go on a total rampage!!...lol ;D

[/quote']

Yeah, I was disappointed when I read that too and I also loved flying that jet. I had one saved at the desert airstrip and I would fly over Area 69 to get the 6 star wanted level and get into dog fights with the other jets that came after me.

I would make up my own survival missions by taking the jet and blowing shit up until I raised my wanted level and then I'd bail and parachute out in the forest or over the city and try to make it back to the airstrip alive.

WiZ ]

According to the OXM article I read today.....

16 players online

10 game modes

Custom characters taking in for online play

sniff, sniff.... Is that a UF tournament I smell? :)

LOL.....c'mon, Wizzy. We JUST took on CoD4 for Urgent Fury, AND we brought on the Xbox360 into UF as well.

I think I can say this VERY confidently.....there will not be a GTA tourney for URGENT FURY.

LOL

Undertow ]
WiZ ]

According to the OXM article I read today.....

16 players online

10 game modes

Custom characters taking in for online play

sniff, sniff.... Is that a UF tournament I smell? :)

LOL.....c'mon, Wizzy. We JUST took on CoD4 for Urgent Fury, AND we brought on the Xbox360 into UF as well.

I think I can say this VERY confidently.....there will not be a GTA tourney for URGENT FURY.

LOL

I need to add the above quote to my sig.... You know, for reference purposes in a few months. :)

For the most part, your blind persistence is a royal pain in the ass.

And then sometimes it's cute.....as if observing it in a child.

LOL

Keep holding yer breath, Wiz. Here at Urgent Fury, we are, always have been, and always will be modern military shooters. And YES, you can even quote me on that.

smokeosama ]

I hope the online doesn't disappoint like 25 to Life did a few years back. Even if it does though, I'll still be glued to single player. The online is a bonus.

Saints Row online play was fun as hell...... Its a shame that they put no support into it and it just fizzled out.