Socom- Every time I try to get out they drag me back in!!

GTA 1V just released.. COD4 has new maps, I haven't made it to elite yet on RBV2, I still play GRAW every now and then, I never did finish Army of Two, I haven't even opened Stranglehold and I bought it over a month ago, Warhawk has new maps, but I doubt I'll download them, RFOM has new maps.. but eh! I played FEAR for less than a week and never put it back in the Play Station, Traded DMC4 ps3 version in for an Xbox version and than gave it to the boy, add a bunch more that never get any playing time.), not counting a number of Xbox 360 titles as well as countless PS2 titles and other Xbox (non 360) titles.. and somewhere in some box is a another schit load of Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, and PSone titles with all the still working consoles packed away as well.....

All of that and I won't even mention the PC games.. yet where was I from about 7pm yesterday till four in the morning....

SOCOM!!! took a while to find the disk, took another 15 minutes to make the new "hard drive partition" took a half an hour to locate my password list filed away in the file cabinets, then after resetting all my video configurations, spending a half an hour trying to remember which button does what, and almost a full hour downloading all three map packs to my spanking new "hard drive partition" and I was BACK!!

All because a friend of mine had finally picked up a copy of Socom CA due to my non stop "Whddaya mean you've never played Socom WTF!!" pressuring.. That may be why I got online after a six month break, but that's not why I didn't get off line till nine hours later...

I LOVE THIS DAYAM GAME!!! sure it's laggy at times and yeah firefights often wind up with who can hop and sidestep back in forth the most.. but the lobby, the ease of finding your friends, the multitude of ways you set up a game and can password it if you want to, even the co-op has it's strong points. The graphics leave a lot to be desired sure,, it's only 420p at best, But it reminded me why Socom held my interest for so long.. it's got it all, go prone, lean, run, crouch, camp, run and gun, snipe, spray and prey, plant explosives, run someone over in a truck, drive a boat, sink a boat, drive a tank, plant a anti-tank mine, hop on a 50 cal mounted on a jeep, stealth your way to high ground vantage point and snipe with a silencer, kick in the door and run in with a shotgun. Respawn, no respawn, Ranked or open, night or day, vehicles or not, number of players, private or public, play with your clan, play against your clan, two man four man or sixteen and even one vs one... SOCOM has it all!! and it's all up to you how you want to play it.

I love this game.. So yeah GTA hit the market and it does look cool... but while most were enjoying their first night of yet another new title.. I found an old friend named Boomer. When I finally turned off the Ps3 and went to sleep.. I said a little prayer to the Socom gods..

"Oh great So, bless thy COM.

Stay true Yo, have no qualm.

Keep the best, and give us more.

Don't change the game we all yearn for.

Do this and your fans stay true.

Don't mess it up and call it new.

I've paid the price it wasn't free

Because it's not a game it's war for me.

Amen

Goat ]

GTA 1V just released.. COD4 has new maps, I haven't made it to elite yet on RBV2, I still play GRAW every now and then, I never did finish Army of Two, I haven't even opened Stranglehold and I bought it over a month ago, Warhawk has new maps, but I doubt I'll download them, RFOM has new maps.. but eh! I played FEAR for less than a week and never put it back in the Play Station, Traded DMC4 ps3 version in for an Xbox version and than gave it to the boy, add a bunch more that never get any playing time.), not counting a number of Xbox 360 titles as well as countless PS2 titles and other Xbox (non 360) titles.. and somewhere in some box is a another schit load of Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, and PSone titles with all the still working consoles packed away as well.....

Kind of ironic, that 6 months that many were bitchin' about no games. Now there is alot of games for everyone to choose from. Is just choosing which one to play until Socom is released. I will probably stick with COD4 until then. Not really into the GTA series.