PS3 Reduced Down by $100

At the very least, the PS3 will be $100 cheaper at Circuit City from 7/15 to 7/21 (according to their Sunday Ad), but this is a pretty good indication that there will be a price drop (announced at E3) at retailers across the USA. Stay tuned to CAG, especially Speedy1961's Sunday Ad thread) to see if other retailers follow suit. Is the PS3 now a good deal at $500 with 5 free Blu-ray movies? A big thanks to Speedy1961 for the scoop!

UPDATE: GameDaily says they have confirmed the price drop will be retail-wide starting 7/12, after speaking with a "merchandising manager (who wished to remain anonymous) at one of the world's biggest retailers".

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/100-ps3-price-drop-starts-july-12.php

Guest [iLL] Andawg

I got mine when GameStop over Memorial weekend offered $100 discount when you traded in PS2 system, and I have extra PS2s so that worked well.

Undertow ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Hell ya Tow!! Nice find, I knew  I waited for a reason!!!

Yeah, cuz you were BROKE.

LOL  ;)

I wasn't broke when it dropped!! I just didn't like that $ tag.

I am broke now though. :'( My dear wife is spending money fast right now. New car, building a new house. It ain't even August and she's spent 300,000.

BigMoneyNacku ]

I am broke now though. :'( My dear wife is spending money fast right now. New car, building a new house. It ain't even August and she's spent 300,000.

$300,000!!!? Daaaayuuum...... Where do you work, what do you do? I'm in the wrong business....lol Are you a pimp? I knew I should've become a pimp.

"My parents said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an asshole."

New Version Of PlayStation 3 To Go On Sale In August; Sony Cuts Price On Older Model

AP - 7/8/2007 6:57 PM - Updated 7/8/2007 6:58 PM

Sony Corp. announced a revised PlayStation 3 console Monday with a bigger hard drive for storing downloaded content such as video games and high-definition movies.

The new $599 PS3 increases the system's storage capacity from 60 to 80 gigabytes and also includes a retail copy of the online racing title ``MotorStorm,'' a company spokesman said.

Starting Monday, the current 60 gigabyte model will cost $499 _ a $100 price drop.

The larger capacity machine won't be available in the United States and Canada until August.

It plays into the company's upcoming strategy of eventually offering downloaded high-definition movies, video games, movie trailers and demos, Sony spokesman David Karraker said.

Karraker said further details on high-def movies for download would be released at a later date.

The announcement comes two days before the E3 Media & Business Summit in Santa Monica, Calif., where dozens of industry heavyweights including Sony rivals Microsoft Corp. and Nintendo Co. are expected to show off their latest games and related products.

In April, Microsoft began selling a version of its Xbox 360 with a 120-gigabyte hard drive and a souped up high-definition video connection. Called Xbox 360 Elite, the black-colored system sells for $479.99.

Xbox gamers who already own the $399.99 20-gigabyte model can buy a snap-on 120-gigabyte hard drive for $179.99.

Karraker said Sony would use the E3 show to focus on two areas: ways to increase the number of consumers who own PS3s and other products such as the PlayStation Portable handheld system, and expanding the system's library of available games.

He said Sony would be releasing 100 new video games during the current fiscal year, including 15 titles that are exclusive to the PS3 such as the hack-and-slash action title ``Heavenly Sword.''

http://www.kotv.com/news/national/story/?id=131051