ATTN! DESTINATIONS FOR THE MEET AUG 2ND

Hey everyone.....

So the UF meet, BELIEVE it or not, is next weekend. Right around the corner!

August 2nd we're having a get-together that's number around 10-15 players. A lot of 'em APCers but we're also seeing some various members of the UF community dropping in as well. Sniper and I are pretty excited about man-embracing for the very first time and yeah, we'll give you a handshake too!

We've ironed out the itinerary for SATURDAY, AUGUST 2nd, so you can have a chance to hang out with us.

At 2pm CST, we're going to be setting up at Caldwell Woods here in Chicago.

The address is 6200 W Devon Avenue - Chicago, IL 60645

Here is a simple map for ya:

CaldwellWoods2007_600dpi.jpg

We will be here for hours. I would say probably around 5-7 hours.

We will have bags (cornhole, bean bags, whatever you call 'em from where you're from), balls, mitts, frisbees and whatever else we wanna pass as a sport that day.

We will try and bring a grill for food as there is a grocery store RIGHT across the street. This will also help with alcohol and any regular drink. We'll have some coolers out there, and if you want to put stuff in there to keep cold, you're welcome to it. Bring your own food and drink and toss it into the pile....I'm sure everyone doesn't mind sharing with the contributors!

If we're NOT grilling, then we have SUPERDAWG right across the street and the place is AWESOME! Great 60's style drive-up hot dogs and burgers with the silliest, most demonic looking hot dog mascot towering over their establishment. In fact, if you found the hot dog guy, you know you're in the right place. Here's a link to a picture to help you out:

http://www.superdawg.com/

I would think we'll be out there until about 8-ish or so.

At about 9pm, we're going to take the party over to Moody's Pub found on 5910 N. Broadway in Chicago. Roughly about a 10-12 minute drive from the Caldwell Woods. It's a bar so no one underage goes with us. We're NOT sneaking anyone in. This is a CASH ONLY bar. They do not do credit cards, so bring the dough. They have an awesome outdoor beer garden and the indoor is very dark, very subdued and very SMOOOOTH. If Moody's ends up being packed for however many we'll have with us, we'll head one block NORTH on Broadway (basically 5 doors down) and head into Ol' St. Andrews Inn. We WILL be at one of those two locations from 9pm til.......whenever. ;)

And that's that.

We hope to see a few that signed up for it and we hope to maybe catch a few who didn't.

Either way, it'll be a great time and it will feel good to meet a couple of you who have enjoyed your stay here at Urgent Fury all this time now. We'll be more than happy to shake your hand and share a few laughs!

Hope to see you.

- TOW

Actually, this event makes some of MY job a little bit easier.

Topic for next month's UF Blog will most likely be a recap of the weekend spent with UF players and just the general vibe of gamers taking themselves OUT of the game to meet one another.

I think that's good subject matter all over the place!

PM Question for UnderTow

Quote from: [H] IrshZ28 on Today at 09:56:23 PM

One question, do you have a round-about time when you will fire up the grill?? If we grill that is. I only ask because I might not make it exactly at 2PM, due to working the night before. But I definitely want to be there before the grub gets put on the grill. I have a bunch of burgers I want to add to the pot.

Tow's answer:

I'd safely say we wouldn't start until about 4 or 5?

(I didn't see this thread before)

UPDATE!

Checking the weather for August 2nd here in Chicago, we're looking at a VERY nice 78-82 degrees that day.

That's the great news.

The potentially bad news is that is MIGHT rain that day. Friday, the day before, has a 60% chance of rain. Of course, things will look more definite as we get nearer to the date.

HOWEVER, there is a contingency plan!

The bars later in the evening, of course, will be unaffected by any potential rainfall. BUT, the Caldwell Woods meet could potentially suffer. IF THIS IS THE CASE, then at 2pm Urgent Fury will move its location right across the street to SUPERDAWGS where we will dine on fine Chicago hot dogs and see how much the rain wants to show its face that day, if at all of course.

This is JUST a contingency plan, everyone.

Always be prepared. ;)

IrshZ28 ]

Are you guys gonna have any kind of banner or marker to show where in the woods your at? I drove by there last night, its a pretty big area.

Fuck no. I will be in a ghilly suit hidin out, waiting for the poor suckers we have managed to lure to the woods.

APC will rise again!!!

Muh hah hah hah!!!

J/k.

I don't know WHAT Tow is planning as far as signs, but I will be there Irish, so follow the sound of drunken moose calls. I will be the guy in the TOOL shirt. 8)

Tool_Minion ]
IrshZ28 ]

Are you guys gonna have any kind of banner or marker to show where in the woods your at? I drove by there last night, its a pretty big area.

Fuck no. I will be in a gilly suit hidin out, waiting for the poor suckers we have managed to lure to the woods.

APC will rise again!!!

Muh hah hah hah!!!

J/k.

I don't know WHAT Tow is planning as far as signs, but I will be there Irish, so follow the sound of drunken moose calls. I will be the guy in the TOOL shirt. 8)

Lol...Ahh....Ghilly Suits...Good Times, Goood Times.... :P

FEAR_WADE ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

READING RAILROAD!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Reading Railroad?? as in monopoly??

Or Reading Rainbow as in Levar Burton

Either way it was reference to Picture Pages with Bill Cosby lol

;D ;D ;D

Yeah, The Nack went all "Roots" on us. Way to turn an innocent comment into a racial thing Nack. :'(

IrshZ28 ]

We'll print up something with the UF logo and I'm sure we can get something posted up around our area.

Rage75 ]

Mav, you should bring the vid camera and include this in the next video cast !

We refuse to have a 3rd outside party come in and record this event.

Some of the footage may reveal some of our tactics, and with so many other tourneys looming out there, we don't want to give anything away.

If you wish to record this match, then we will respectfully refuse to show up.

I'm sorry. This is just the way we feel about the matter.

LOL

j/k

;)

Undertow ]
Rage75 ]

Mav, you should bring the vid camera and include this in the next video cast !

We refuse to have a 3rd outside party come in and record this event.

Some of the footage may reveal some of our tactics, and with so many other tourneys looming out there, we don't want to give anything away.

If you wish to record this match, then we will respectfully refuse to show up.

I'm sorry. This is just the way we feel about the matter.

LOL

j/k

;)

That is some funny shit right there!! :D :D