Schlitz is making a comeback

MILWAUKEE (Aug. 1) - It's the beer that made Milwaukee famous. Now Schlitz is making the city nostalgic.

That beer with the old-time mystique is back on shelves in bottles of its original formula in the city where it was first brewed more than a century and a half ago.

Schlitz was the top-selling beer for much of the first half of the 20th century. But recipe changes and a series of snafus made the beer -- in many a drinker's opinion -- undrinkable, turning what was once the world's most popular brew into little more than a joke.

But after decades of dormancy, the beer is back.

Schlitz's owner, Pabst Brewing Co., is recreating the old formula, using notes and interviews with old brew masters to concoct the pilsner again. The maker of another nostalgic favorite, Pabst Blue Ribbon, it hopes baby boomers will reach for the drink of their youth, otherwise known as "The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous." They also want to create a following among younger drinkers who...

more

deltron0 ]

I'd rather drink Beast than Schlitz.

OK, I lied. No one would rather drink Beast than anything.

Whats wrong with the BEAST? Good stuff. People would be amazed at what they would drink when the funds are low. Used to be we could get Keystone Black for $5-$6 per case. You'll drink what you have money for and like every drop of it. ;D

Guest deltron0
BIGDANIEL ]
deltron0 ]

Whats wrong with the BEAST? Good stuff. People would be amazed at what they would drink when the funds are low. Used to be we could get Keystone Black for $5-$6 per case. You'll drink what you have money for and like every drop of it. ;D

psh, you don't know you're talking to a guy whose favorite beer for the longest time was natty light.

natty001.jpg

08-29-07_1532.jpg

whoo, college ruled

deltron0 ]
BIGDANIEL ]
deltron0 ]

psh, you don't know you're talking to a guy whose favorite beer for the longest time was natty light.

natty001.jpg

08-29-07_1532.jpg

whoo, college ruled

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how much beer do you drink a day?

Guest deltron0
CDBS14 ]
deltron0 ]
BIGDANIEL ]
deltron0 ]

OK' date=' I lied. No one would rather drink Beast than anything.

[/quote']

natty001.jpg

08-29-07_1532.jpg

whoo, college ruled

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how much beer do you drink a day?

Maybe like 10-12...thousand.

Guest SuddenRedScare
deltron0 ]

natty001.jpg

08-29-07_1532.jpg

whoo, college ruled

Natty Light!? What the hell, Bro. If you're going to drink Natty, it has to be Natty Ice! Gets you drunk quicker and cleans your kidneys twice as good. :)

naturalice24.jpg

Guest deltron0
SuddenRedScare ]
deltron0 ]

natty001.jpg

08-29-07_1532.jpg

whoo, college ruled

Natty Light!? What the hell, Bro. If you're going to drink Natty, it has to be Natty Ice! Gets you drunk quicker and cleans your kidneys twice as good. :)

naturalice24.jpg

oh don't worry, there was a fair share of the Ice too. The best part about the Ice is the day after poops. I almost pooped my pants taking an exam a day after drinking too much Ice one time.

Guest SuddenRedScare
Chili-Palmer ]
46_and_2 ]

Hey Sudden,

Where you live bro?

Chippewa Falls or Eau Claire?

I live over by Wausau.

I see that SRS didn't see this, but since i know the answer.. :)

He lives in Eau Claire

Actually, I sent him a PM. Glad to know you know where I live... I'm locking my door from now on. ???

Guest SuddenRedScare
Chili-Palmer ]

Yea, you have told me many times.. & im sure that with the size of that town it wouldn't be too hard to find you. lol

Around 100,000 metro... I got a cold $20 if you come knock on my doors within the next week. ;D