Ports

-.Sal.- ]

good luck finding those, i checked online everywhere and i found nothing!

Welll if you Google "Socom ports needed" then you will find your answer or you could just come straight to the source since the first hit at google will be the info sheet I did. LOL.

Sony (and Socom for the matter use these) The PS3 doesn't matter and Socom Confrontation doesn't either it's the same ports. If you have UPnP enable then your router should automatically open the ports or else you could DMZ the IP.. or you could.. Just goat to Goat's Definitive info sheet for Socom's servers.

Goat's Get r done info sheet.

TCP Ports

53, 80, 443, 10070 - 10080

UDP Ports

6000-6999, 10070, 50000

Goat ]
-.Sal.- ]

good luck finding those, i checked online everywhere and i found nothing!

Welll if you Google "Socom ports needed" then you will find your answer or you could just come straight to the source since the first hit at google will be the info sheet I did. LOL.

Sony (and Socom for the matter use these) The PS3 doesn't matter and Socom Confrontation doesn't either it's the same ports. If you have UPnP enable then your router should automatically open the ports or else you could DMZ the IP.. or you could.. Just goat to Goat's Definitive info sheet for Socom's servers.

Goat's Get r done info sheet.

TCP Ports

53, 80, 443, 10070 - 10080

UDP Ports

6000-6999, 10070, 50000

ok so if i Enable UPnP on my router i wouldn't have to open any ports at all?

yes enabling UPnP on your router and console means a request sent by the console to the router to open needed ports is accepted while still retaining firewall and port security for other connected devices..

DMZ opens all ports and disables firewall for the connected device.. Using it however requires you take the necessary steps to insure only your console is DMZ'd and not any PC that is also connected to the router.

In order to insure this you have to take the steps to make sure your console always receives the same IP from DHCP. An easy way to do this is manually assign a IP out of the Routers DHCP range to the console and then specify the assigned IP of the console as the IP to DMZ.

If I lost you? read the report I posted which goes into more detail on how to do this. Running through a router without UPnP enabled will cause problems with mikes, hit detection and connectivity since the firewall may prevent needed ports from opening on request packets.

I personally have mine in the DMZ and still see issues that others see. We can assume that /6 are using the same ports as previous Socom but since they haven't announced anything we are really guessing.

UPnP Should work BUT with the PS3 some people have reported issues. I have Media Server and UPnP enabled and have not had any issues that these people are reporting. The ONLY UPnP created in my router for my PS3 is a port for COD4, Demonware 3082(I think). None have been created for Socom and here is the kicker, UPnP created the rule even with my PS3 in the DMZ.

There is a link to a tutorial about setting up a save network for you and your console in my sig.