Cubs vs Dodgers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wat a blowout, Cubs are done

We'll see about that. Write em off, the pressure is on the Dodgers now to close it out. Cubbies have no pressure now, just go out and play baseball and see what happens.

Gotta disagree Smoke. Now the Dodgers have a few games at home to win just 1 game. The Cubs were the ones picked by everyone to go to the world series. Expectations were extremely high this year and for them to get swept by a team who isn't even 10 games above .500 is a disaster.

The simple fact is the Cubs haven't stepped up. The Dodgers have so many young guys that are making our cub vets look like idiots. Fukudome has been benched now because he has no hits in both games. The only Cub I won't blame for all of this is Mark Derosa. He has stepped up and hit well in both games. But other than Derosa everyone looks terrible, swinging at everything coming at them, rushing the at-bat.

With that said I don't think its impossible for the Cubs to come back they just need to play like they played the last 162 games. Get back to the basics. Getting ahead of the batters(pitchers), fielding well(4errors!!), timely hitting, we can't keep leaving guys on base, and most importantly settle down, playing nervous won't help just do the things you know how, every swing doesn't need to be for the fence.

I got to say what a joke are the cubs. I was rooting for them and wanted them to win the world series otherwise unless the redsox are in the world series i dont care too much. This is a DISGRACE. The Mets were more horrible so you don't have to tie it on to me for bashing the cubs. I know my team sucks and I would have been just as critical if the MEts got swept. Disappointing. What the heck.

simihi ]
Neo_Unit001 ]

Philly vs Tampa Fuck the dodgers.

Fuck you

Sorry UF but F this guy.

Man I got called a "Ignorant Phillyfan" for saying less LMAO!!

On paper the phillies are ALOT better (NO OFFENSE) then the dodgers! However unless you can win on paper then it doesn't mean much and the cubs were better on paper then all NL and look where there at!

I'm expecting a great series. I think this is going to go the full 7!

I've been out the last few days depressed. Once again my cubbies let me down. I can't help but wonder why I care about them at all. I feel like Charlie Brown and the Cubs are Lucy, everytime I believe them they lie to me and trick me. I've about had it with this bullshit year after year. 4 errors in a game, Alfonso had 1 hit in 3 games, and they got outscored 20-6 in the series. Looks to me like a team that doesn't care. No emotion shown by most of the team. If you ask me dump Soriano, Ramirez, and Fukudome. Large salaries who don't perform well in the clutch. Soriano has hit in his playoff career around 200. We need Manny, we need some guys who want to win and have fun doing it. This team doesn't have that attitude that says losing is not an option. They deserved to get swept and I give a huge clap for the Dodgers who are a very talented young team. I'm happy only with Derosa and Fontenot and D.Lee right now, they are the only ones who cared.

So my fellow Cubs fans we say farewell too soon once again to yet another postseason as we watch our competitors bask in the glory that is October. Next Spring will undoubtedly bring hope as sure as it brings new flowers. Keep the faith my friends.