How was your clan formed?

Hey I was just wondering how was your clan formed or the ideas and theme of the clan?

I was reading some of the UF BLack sign ups and saw one of them were the Clan Leader stated that he has a link to prove the exact time and date the clan was formed. It just made me think? Hmmm I only know how a few clans were formed here.

Well heres some history on the Divine Knights. Since it just happened we remember the exact date. It was Sept 14th 2008. Talked to my former clan leader in the morning for an hour or two and discussed about xbox and other games and decided it was best to start something new. He gave me his blessings and I started to get a general consensus. Also I have a bunch of friends at work who play xbox and they always wanted to be in a clan together. I talked to deadly and vengenance who had left their clan and who I've been playing with for a couple of months now and decided to start something.

A couple of months ago when I was going through ancient history I came across the idea of Knights. I kept reading into and was amazed about the honor, respect and intergrity Knights had and what it mean't to be a Knight. So I kept reading up on it and also looking for pics for a sig. After the whole starting our own clan thing happened I got inspiration from that brought it up to the others and they were very excited and wanted to do a Knight Theme too. I think the huge factor was the fact there are if any very few clans that have a Knight Themed Clan so we decided to run with that. Also got to say its been SO HARD to find Knight pictures. I go to Libraries and book stores and at times find knight pics but in general its not as easy at it looks which makes it more unique what we are building theme wise. I still do tons of Knight research on a daily basis.

Anywayz thats my story. Also if anyone sees any knight pictures please feel free to let me know, PM or AIM it to me that would be great!

At the time we went under the name [MOB]. I was a middle member seniority wise so I just kinda went with the flow. I ran us (with the permission of the higher ups) in the first UF tournament. Once we started winning and having fun, the senior members (who had been inactive) decided that it was time for them to come back and take the whole thing. They saw that we had found a great place to play and they wanted in. They changed the rosters to put in people that never played and sat all those who kept the [MOB] name alive all those months. People with little talent and small game time played over stronger players who lived on Socom 2. So, the core who hadn't given up on Socom2 talked about it, and left to form our own group.

I was listening to Sirius radio and a song by MC Lyte came on called "Top Billin". I thought the name was great because it said that we were the headline band who got top billin at all the events we attend. So, then I saw how you could include the tag within the name like others did. So, ToP B[iLL]iN was formed and its grown ever since.

WiZ ]

At the time we went under the name [MOB]. I was a middle member seniority wise so I just kinda went with the flow. I ran us (with the permission of the higher ups) in the first UF tournament. Once we started winning and having fun, the senior members (who had been inactive) decided that it was time for them to come back and take the whole thing. They saw that we had found a great place to play and they wanted in. They changed the rosters to put in people that never played and sat all those who kept the [MOB] name alive all those months. People with little talent and small game time played over stronger players who lived on Socom 2. So, the core who hadn't given up on Socom2 talked about it, and left to form our own group.

I was listening to Sirius radio and a song by MC Lyte came on called "Top Billin". I thought the name was great because it said that we were the headline band who got top billin at all the events we attend. So, then I saw how you could include the tag within the name like others did. So, ToP B[iLL]iN was formed and its grown ever since.

Man thats crazy. I honestly thought you changed your name to Top Billin with the new site. I never knew you guys were called that all along. Wow. Things I never knew.

MaluNYMets ]

Man thats crazy. I honestly thought you changed your name to Top Billin with the new site. I never knew you guys were called that all along. Wow. Things I never knew.

Well' date=' ToP B[iLL']iN going into Socom 3 and then when that failed and our clan couldnt force ourselves to like it we kinda switched over to iLL GaMeRS. That way we could switch to a multi console gaming group that would still allow us all to remain a group but yet play on the 360, PS2, and whatever game was that month's flavor. When CoD4 dropped, it brough us all back together as a clan again. So, it was only fitting that we return to ToP B[iLL]iN (along with the new website).

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

it was pretty simple for us. skull and bones was formed by playing LOTS of COD4, and then looking for the guys at the bottom of the scoreboard after every game. these guys usually dont get many clan invites, so they were an easy target. second, we spent a lot of time hanging out in gamestops. if we saw a guy buying a PS3 and COD4 at the same time, we would recruit him. we were pretty sure a guy like that had never heard of a clan before. last, we got a good site so when these guys went to it, they thought we were cool. it was pretty easy to build the clan, you just had to find the guys nobody else wanted.

I agree with you Puddy. We have the same philosophy especially myself. I believe in recruiting players that are pretty bad and helping them get better. Those players also are the best because they follow directions and work as a TEAM. I've had too many experience when these guys who are really good players come in and start jumping on cars or doing their own thing so disappointing. I know SOTG was like that too and it worked out for them pretty good with RECRUITING and Waring. Word.

Hey puddy how did you guys come up with SxB - Skulls and Bones.

Anyone else how did you come up with your clan name?

Banshee07 ]
J-Rite ]
xPUDDYTATx ]

you just had to find the guys nobody else wanted.

LOL well, APC(now RVN..) did that with me. ;D and now they're screwed until they kick my fat white ass out..

for a breif time you was SxB remember?

and Hollow Ground.

MaluNYMets ]
Banshee07 ]
J-Rite ]
xPUDDYTATx ]

you just had to find the guys nobody else wanted.

LOL well' date=' APC(now RVN..) did that with me. ;D and now they're screwed until they kick my fat white ass out..

[/quote']

for a breif time you was SxB remember?

and Hollow Ground.

i was a recruit for hollow ground, and SxB was back when R7 wasnt on COD. i joined them to play in the first crucible, that lasted about a week until rumpo decided he didn't like the idea. ::)

JKillWil ]
Chili-Palmer ]
xPUDDYTATx ]last, we got a good site so when these guys went to it, they thought we were cool. it was pretty easy to build the clan
One of the main uses for a website.. it is a hell of a recruiting tool.!! ;D

thats why i joined SxB

they have a cool website and i thought i would be cool if i joined :o;)

You FAIL JKillWil

militia-fail.jpg

cBs> started as a gamebattle clan :-X :-X :-X :-X. And well i was not in cBs> when it was founded i joined 3 weeks later. In cBs> we say we have had 3 generations the first under thenac (original founder/GB clan hopper). Well he left us and then Nikastylez and i took over me being the co-leader. We lasted like that for a while until some things happened right after Crucible3 and then well i became leader and now i lead cBs> ( probably the clan with the most young members and the youngest leader ;D). The clan name comes from thenacs idea that we weren't going to be defeated on gamebattles (we never had gb under his leadership, lol).

The clans ideals were always to have fun whether we won or lost we still go by that and even though we have many young members we never get into any trouble or disputes here, we keep it cool, lol.

Brown_Mustang ]
JKillWil ]
Chili-Palmer ]
xPUDDYTATx ]last, we got a good site so when these guys went to it, they thought we were cool. it was pretty easy to build the clan

thats why i joined SxB

You FAIL JKillWil

militia-fail.jpg

LOL. Is that an RVN recruit pic? :o

Brown_Mustang ]
JKillWil ]
Chili-Palmer ]

thats why i joined SxB

You FAIL JKillWil

militia-fail.jpg

dude nasty, lol. that you?

BigMoneyNacku ]
Brown_Mustang ]
JKillWil ]
Chili-Palmer ]

thats why i joined SxB

You FAIL JKillWil

militia-fail.jpg

LOL. Is that an RVN recruit pic? :o

LOL excluding swifthawk's OLD APC pic, those haven't been released....i sure as hell hope not at least. :-X

WellI know that wehn I went out and bought my PS3 and they threw in COD 4 as a perk I started to play and kept asking myself what is this dam clan tag every one has. I started to look around at clans that were recruiting and well I found this site that had a bunch listed. Not sure what it was now but after looking through all the write ups on each one I decided to try SxB as they were the only one that was not asking for K/D ratio or even wanted you to try out all you had to do was fill out a qucik info section and boom you were pretty much in. As I have moved up the ladder i found out I did in fact try out just didn't know it lol. I will agree with Puddy he does hang out at Gamestop trying to get recruits and well just trying to make friends. Puddy, Banshee and Hooch have put together a clan that is not based on skill but more on can you play and just have fun with the other guys. Some of the guys that are regulars in our forums can problably tell you we are all abotu having fun adn really do not take things to seriously.

Art-Man ]

WellI know that wehn I went out and bought my PS3 and they threw in COD 4 as a perk I started to play and kept asking myself what is this dam clan tag every one has. I started to look around at clans that were recruiting and well I found this site that had a bunch listed. Not sure what it was now but after looking through all the write ups on each one I decided to try SxB as they were the only one that was not asking for K/D ratio or even wanted you to try out all you had to do was fill out a qucik info section and boom you were pretty much in. As I have moved up the ladder i found out I did in fact try out just didn't know it lol. I will agree with Puddy he does hang out at Gamestop trying to get recruits and well just trying to make friends. Puddy, Banshee and Hooch have put together a clan that is not based on skill but more on can you play and just have fun with the other guys. Some of the guys that are regulars in our forums can problably tell you we are all abotu having fun adn really do not take things to seriously.

Thats what I am talking about.

Most clans built on skill don't last.. they are usually a GB clan that just wants to win the next tourney or whatever, once they do, or don't, the clan dies and the ones who got along move on to form their own clan.

Clans should always be built on Camaraderie, Personality, Playing Style, etc.

Chili-Palmer ]

Most clans built on skill don't last.. they are usually a GB clan that just wants to win the next tourney or whatever, once they do, or don't, the clan dies and the ones who got along move on to form their own clan.

Clans should always be built on Camaraderie, Personality, Playing Style, etc.

thats kind of the reason my clan has had 2 leaders before it was kind of for them to win and win and no fun, but i love to have fun and thats what matters.

At the end of the day this is the way I see it. You always want to win a tournament but you might be on the short end a lot of times. But the clans who really show at the end of the day it is just a game and its all about having fun stay longer. Once it starts getting too serious is when things start falling apart. Why do people hate work most of the time? Its not fun. You work 14 hours and then you come and have to work on a game? Lets have fun people! The way games were supposed to be.

MaluNYMets ]

At the end of the day this is the way I see it. You always want to win a tournament but you might be on the short end a lot of times. But the clans who really show at the end of the day it is just a game and its all about having fun stay longer. Once it starts getting too serious is when things start falling apart. Why do people hate work most of the time? Its not fun. You work 14 hours and then you come and have to work on a game? Lets have fun people! The way games were supposed to be.

amen.