Seems like I'm in a bit of trouble....

Hey Guys looks like I'm in a bit of a predicament.... I was playing some two-hand touch football yesterday with a couple of buddy's in the street and we kinda dent a car in the street. The lady called the cops and a whole long story follows. Well I was wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to fix a "Human Head" sized dent in the car. Its right behind the gas tank, and I've heard the location of the dent adds to the price. The owner got an estimate on the dent and it was freaking $1,800 at two different locations to fix it. I wanna know if anyone knows how much it should be to fix it, or if I'm getting ripped off of w/e...

I'll post pictures as soon as I get my cellphone back from my teacher who confiscated it...That Douche > _ < :P

1,800 sounds about what most shops charge. And since you are at the mercy of the law at this point, you will probably have to pay to fix it wherever she feels comfortable. Now if you are blessed with the gift of gab you might be able to talk a body guy into doing it in his off hours. Some guys do it, some don't. Now if you can convince a guy to do that, you have to convince her to let him do the work.

Good luck man, body work is never cheap unless you can do it yourself.

MarauderHD ]

That what I was thinking.... What about her insurance? Accidents happen that's why we have insurance.

You pay for insurance to insure yourself. Insurance for things you do wrong. Why should she report it to her insurance, have them pay and then have her rates increase. Most case of insurance involve another vehicle. You would turn it in to your insurance, they pay and then in turn go after the other person insurance for reimbursement. When it works this way your insurance rates will not increase.

The problem here is a 15 year old with out insurance caused or was one of those involved that caused the problem. As a minor who is over the age of 8 your parents are liable for your actions.

This issue is a small claims court issue. If you refuse to pay, she will be forced to prove insmall claims court who is responsible.

If she's smart, she'll come to a settlement with the parents. Small claims court doesn't do shit. You go through the trouble of suing someone and taking them to small claims court, but there's not really any way of forcing them to pay. In the end if they choose not to pay, it shows up as a blemish on their credit report. It ends up as a pain in her ass and she gets nothing out of it.

SQUlD ]

If she's smart, she'll come to a settlement with the parents. Small claims court doesn't do shit. You go through the trouble of suing someone and taking them to small claims court, but there's not really any way of forcing them to pay. In the end if they choose not to pay, it shows up as a blemish on their credit report. It ends up as a pain in her ass and she gets nothing out of it.

You ain't lying about that. You forgot to mention how friggin long it takes too. I'm am about to file against a concrete contractor that screwed me. :P

thats funny BigMoney cause i just filed on a concrete contractor who screwed up our stairs and sidewalk. Now i have a date 12-11-08 to go to court. As soon as you win you higher a guy in the court room and he goes and gets all there info. Checking accounts and even there employer info. So good luck Big and Mrm3t it sounds liek you are in some crap. And because of where there dent is sounds right maybe a touch high but that dent is not an easy one to fix. But before you pay anything you ask to see the estimate and also since you got to pay you do have the right to have fixed where you want with in reason of course. Good luck

Don't pay her, pay the shop. My GF had a similar dent and it was $1500 here in Florida. But think of it like this. Her insurance will pay whatever the difference is between her deductible is and what the repair costs. If you pay her cash for the repair then she can keep what you gave her since her insurance already paid.

Just a question here but Iknow when Iwas a kid we did some damage to a building (Long Time ago I am old now) and well no one person had to pay the damages all of us had to split it or I should say our parents. So not sure her ebut if there were others playing in the street with you I would like to think that they are just as responsable to ehlp pay that bill. So have daddy talk to the other parents and see if they are willing to help out with the bill if not then let the lady take you to court and drag all your friends parents into it as well.

Rogues73 ]

thats funny BigMoney cause i just filed on a concrete contractor who screwed up our stairs and sidewalk. Now i have a date 12-11-08 to go to court. As soon as you win you higher a guy in the court room and he goes and gets all there info. Checking accounts and even there employer info.

Nice. That is exactly what I'm going through. He neglected to put piers on the heavy radius of the sidewalk and it broke and is sliding down the hill. Of course since it's tied into the steps, they are coming apart also. :P

The dickhead called yesterday and said he's going to come fix it himself, we'll see. I think he realizes he can fix it cheaper than me paying someone else to fix it and suing him accordingly. Good luck with your case, and hopefully I won't have to get that far.

caingo ]

Here is the real question.

How in the world did you take a "header" into a car playing touch football? Was the car returning the kick?

Lol, I was playing lineman, and after seven seconds, I went for the Sack/ Touch or w//e. Me and my friend crashed into the car and it made a dent the size of a head. Lol