Old Friends

I am 38 years old, I have moved around A LOT! If I remember correctly, through high school I had been to 12 different schools, 1 for every grade and changed High Schools at the end of my junior year. A little hard because I did have some good friends at my first High School.

In all those travels, Libertyville IL (born), Cherry Hill NJ (4 years), Ardmroe PA (2 Years), Sydney Australia (2 years) and all the little places I have met some GREAT friends. Of course over time and moving you lose touch but every once in a while you think back and remember the great times.

Well today, browsing Facebook, I came across one of those friends!! I couldn't believe it!! He was not the type of person that you would think would be on the internet let alone Facebook! So I contact him and he instantly replies, I almost cried! I have not laughed so hard in such a long time talking about some of the stuff we did. We had some GREAT times.

So my question to you is, is there someone out there that you have not seen or contacted in a while that was very close to you? Someone that you may have breifly looked for but have not heard or seen anything about them in a while?

My cousins once said to me "I wish I had your life, travel around the world". I turned around and said "I wish I had yours, all your friends all the way through High School". I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

lol man i just had some old stuff pop up.. im hoping that it was just for reasons stated.. let me explain... 13 years ago i was dating a girl that had been with only one guy and she had a kid w/ him.. i was like 17 years old and she was 19... long story short i was with this girl for about 9 months and in the end i found out she had cheated on me w/ dude she had a kid w/. I immediately cut contact once she admitted to it and moved on w/ my life. My best friends girl was real close to this chick and is actually how i met her but over time she mentioned to me that my ex was pregnant ... and although she wasnt saying anything about it being mine.. it was a possibility. She stayed w/ her baby's dad and ended up having a total of 3 kids w/ him.

Years go by.. 13 to be exact (this just happened like 3 weeks ago), and i get this myspace message from her. When seeing her name i immediately froze cuz i have always wondered if someday i would get a call stating that kid was actually mine! Well the message was a complete apology for cheating on me and she goes on to say that i am the only other guy she has ever loved that she had joined the army married that dude and was planning on returning to salem in 09, which is where i live. I am married and have 4 year old w/ my wife for those who dont know.. and needless to say.. both of us were a little spooked.

I did respond saying i wasnt holding a grudge and really hadnt even thought about it in years... I then went on and told her i was happily married (is there such a thing? :P) and have a 4 year old.. and was happy to hear things were going well for her. I left it at that and waited to see what kind of response i got if any..

Almost immediately i get a response saying how relieved she was and that it had bothered her for years. She stated that she was happy she was coming back and then she invited me to be her friend "in case i wanted to look at pictures of the kids" ...

I still have no idea if there is any meaning behind any of this or not.. this could simply be her just needed closure on this.. but after 13 years would a chick still really find the need to track me down and message me ?? These sites are awesome for these types of situations.. but in this last case.. its got me wondering even more now ... scariest part is the oldest kid and the youngest kid.. which are both his for sure both look alot alike.. and that middle kid.. well lets just say i am not ruling anything out at this point.

I am not worried about my past finding me. Actually I am hoping that some of it does come back. I don't have any fears of a child or anything like that.

Well seeing that it is 13 years later there is NOTHING she can do about it. She listed the dad on the Birth Cert and that is that. At least that is how I understand it.

inadub ]

lol man i just had some old stuff pop up.. im hoping that it was just for reasons stated.. let me explain... 13 years ago i was dating a girl that had been with only one guy and she had a kid w/ him.. i was like 17 years old and she was 19... long story short i was with this girl for about 9 months and in the end i found out she had cheated on me w/ dude she had a kid w/. I immediately cut contact once she admitted to it and moved on w/ my life. My best friends girl was real close to this chick and is actually how i met her but over time she mentioned to me that my ex was pregnant ... and although she wasnt saying anything about it being mine.. it was a possibility. She stayed w/ her baby's dad and ended up having a total of 3 kids w/ him.

Years go by.. 13 to be exact (this just happened like 3 weeks ago), and i get this myspace message from her. When seeing her name i immediately froze cuz i have always wondered if someday i would get a call stating that kid was actually mine! Well the message was a complete apology for cheating on me and she goes on to say that i am the only other guy she has ever loved that she had joined the army married that dude and was planning on returning to salem in 09, which is where i live. I am married and have 4 year old w/ my wife for those who dont know.. and needless to say.. both of us were a little spooked.

I did respond saying i wasnt holding a grudge and really hadnt even thought about it in years... I then went on and told her i was happily married (is there such a thing? :P) and have a 4 year old.. and was happy to hear things were going well for her. I left it at that and waited to see what kind of response i got if any..

Almost immediately i get a response saying how relieved she was and that it had bothered her for years. She stated that she was happy she was coming back and then she invited me to be her friend "in case i wanted to look at pictures of the kids" ...

I still have no idea if there is any meaning behind any of this or not.. this could simply be her just needed closure on this.. but after 13 years would a chick still really find the need to track me down and message me ?? These sites are awesome for these types of situations.. but in this last case.. its got me wondering even more now ... scariest part is the oldest kid and the youngest kid.. which are both his for sure both look alot alike.. and that middle kid.. well lets just say i am not ruling anything out at this point.

Cross your fingers and pray dude. If she is trying to get her foot in the door for that reason, the Law says you are responsible for all 13 years of child support. :P

SHANE23 ]

I am not worried about my past finding me. Actually I am hoping that some of it does come back. I don't have any fears of a child or anything like that.

Well seeing that it is 13 years later there is NOTHING she can do about it. She listed the dad on the Birth Cert and that is that. At least that is how I understand it.

Dead wrong, dude. My wife works in with the CS office here. Doesn't matter what the BC says.

Neo_Unit001 ]
Playerdown ]

Ahhh 2 years is a long time.

Going on 7 years for me.

What are you guys referring to..? ???

Facebook has been CRAZY for me lately. i have been in contact with SOOOO many people from High School and earlier.!!

One of my first girlfriends from 8th grade, a ton of friends from grammer school, all the way back to 2nd grade.!!

And they keep coming.. every week i get msg's from people i haven't seen or heard from in YEARS. like 15 years or more.!!

It is definitely a crazy thing, but it is also very cool to start reminiscing about people/things i hadn't thought of for 15-20 years.

Chili-Palmer ]
Neo_Unit001 ]

I don't use facebook I don't even use myspace for anything anymore.

3 posts seems like an aweful lot in a thread about them.. lol

Especially for someone who doesn't use either..

Wtf are you talking about I never said I was looking for my friend on those sites. None of my post said anything about me using myspace or facebook to look for them.

So I ask this is the point your trying to get across. ::)

Neo_Unit001 ]
Chili-Palmer ]
Neo_Unit001 ]

I don't use facebook I don't even use myspace for anything anymore.

3 posts seems like an aweful lot in a thread about them.. lol

Especially for someone who doesn't use either..

Wtf are you talking about I never said I was looking for my friend on those sites. None of my post said anything about me using myspace or facebook to look for them.

So I ask this is the point your trying to get across. ::)

"Them" meaning Facebook & Myspace, not your friends.. dont trip im not bashing you. lol

My point was that if you dont use them, why make a post at all.?

It's like (and i do it all the time) a thread about a game, and people post in it, even though they have never played it. lol

(Ex: I posted in the Prince of Persia thread, but my post is pretty much useless, because i have never played any version of the game)

I'm a Walking Contradiction. ;D