Just played COD WAW...

Last night I threw in my copy of WAW that has been sitting in the box for several weeks...

I must say from playing socom for many hours nightly since it came out- WAW seemed like I was playing on a next gen system.

I was checking out the menu systems and was VERY impressed in how the game tracks stats etc. I jumped in a game where people were using tactics and holding down positions and thought- Man this game is amazing.... After that I jumped in a HQ game and that killed the experience for me. There is no tactics, just respawn, respawn, respawn, respawn, frag, frag, respawn.

All in all this game works and it works well, game play is rock solid and in private rooms or Hardcore it is very impressive.

When I play this game and play socom- It really shows just how broken MANY things are in socom. From the menu screens, friends list, lag in game/ in menu, server problems etc.

This comes from a VERY loyal socom fan- My clan is a socom clan, I have just as many hours playing socom 1,2,3,CA and CON as anyone in this forum. Lets hope for the patch/ patches to help with some nonfunctional shit... Because I dont know if its just cause I logged into WAW well after it launched- But it is a far better PLAYING game ATM.

imo the private rooms, coop and zombie mode are awesome but the competitive aspect was horrible for me. It seemed like every game had bad lag and it wasnt my connection. Instead of seeing people jump around like in socom theres always a lag delay in COD and it really got on my nerves. I could not play competitive for more than 5 minutes without getting completely infuriated. I did not buy the game because of that but if they release more zombie modes and maps then i will for sure buy it

Sounds like what I did.

I had it sittin around for almost two weeks before i gave in and put it in my PS3.

And i found out that the Single Player was good but fairly quick, I only did it on the 3rd one though, I didnt try the hardest mode.

The Zombies were a blast, but if it stays with just that one map it will get old pretty quick.

And the rest is pretty much terrible and I hated it. Needless to say I no longer have it, and If I EVER decide to play it again, i will borrow it from some-1 or gamefly it maybe, but i doubt that. If they get more ZOMBIE mode maps I may give in and buy it when it drops to 20 bucks or something.

It really is a great game.. and if the next Modern title takes it to the next level, it is going to be amazing..!!

HQ is strictly to get your rank up.. i can only put up with it for a few maps then i have to get out, & go play some Hardcore Search & Destroy.

Private matches are amazing.!!

No Respawn, FF on, etc.. you can make the perfect game.!

BIGDANIEL ]
Xanthe ]

Wait till you play the Zombie mode... talk about addiction! ;)

Addiction may be an understatement.

Does anyone know if there's a final level on this mode or does it just keep going and going?

Either way, it's a fun way to pass the time.

When your playing with a good bunch of guys and you have a strategy that works, than it's addicting. And no, there is no end. On the leader boards you'll see guys that have reached 999 level via a glitch.