RUMOR: Firmware 2.7 Details Leaked

A member on the Gametrailers forums claims to have a friend working in an R&D department at Sony. That friend then let him in on the firmware 2.7 details. Some of these rumored features are awesome and heavily requested; hopefully they’re true…

Friends List:

Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds. ;D

Home Integration: Saved Playstation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamer Card/Friends List.

Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:

Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the Playstation Store aesthetic.

Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting “Recent Trophy History†option.

Newly aquired trophies auto-sync in the background

Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

In-Game XMB:

Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seemless in-game experience.

“Theme settings†options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.

Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.

Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.

Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

Misc:

Other slight UI tweaks and enhancements.

Remember: this is a rumor, pure speculation… There is no hard evidence confirming its legitimacy. We can only hope.

Nemesis ]

In-Game XMB:

Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seemless in-game experience.

“Theme settings†options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.

Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

I'll believe that crap when it works. I still get freezes when opening my xmb in-game.

Vengeance ]

voice chat while in game? wow imagine how bad socom will get

No doubt, it's gonna be really fun now. :P

BigMoneyNacku ]
Nemesis ]

In-Game XMB:

I'll believe that crap when it works. I still get freezes when opening my xmb in-game.

Vengeance ]

No doubt' date=' it's gonna be really fun now. :P

[/quote']

I'm curious. Has anybody ever froze up while going to the in-game XMB in another game? Or is SOCOM the probelm??

I don't think I have ever used it in another game, so I personally don't know. I think it became available after SOCOM was released, if I'm correct.

SHANE23 ]

I got the XMB freeze while NOT in game the other night. I was replying to a message and I couldn't exit, I had to shut the system down.

So it is not a Socom or other game it is an actual XMB issue.

WOW, you must have been reading my mind SHANE! I had to post this anyway. You responded while I was typing.

IRISH BULL ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
Nemesis ]

In-Game XMB:

Vengeance ]

No doubt' date=' it's gonna be really fun now. :P

[/quote']

I'm curious. Has anybody ever froze up while going to the in-game XMB in another game? Or is SOCOM the probelm??

I don't think I have ever used it in another game, so I personally don't know. I think it became available after SOCOM was released, if I'm correct.

I have had this happen to me while playing NHL 09. but socom and hockey are all I own so I dont know if this happens with anyother games.

^ This is the only feature that i really hope is going to be in there. Also it better not freeze anymore on socom. Remember back when slant six said that they were "working with sony to make a patch" yea that didnt happen... if it did i dont think the game or xmb would freeze when trying to access/send a message!

SHANE23 ]

I got the XMB freeze while NOT in game the other night. I was replying to a message and I couldn't exit, I had to shut the system down.

That has happened to me a ton of times. I hope its going to be like xbox. WAW if you try to do a party system and get some people in a chat together it will kick you out after you die so there is no cheating. Man it would suck if people were detailing leaving messages with their voice for users to find people. That would just suck. What can't they just make the system for gaming who gives a crap about messaging when your in the game.

MaluNYMets ]
SHANE23 ]

I got the XMB freeze while NOT in game the other night. I was replying to a message and I couldn't exit' date=' I had to shut the system down.

[/quote']

That has happened to me a ton of times. I hope its going to be like xbox. WAW if you try to do a party system and get some people in a chat together it will kick you out after you die so there is no cheating. Man it would suck if people were detailing leaving messages with their voice for users to find people. That would just suck. What can't they just make the system for gaming who gives a crap about messaging when your in the game.

people already do that on socom with text messaging.

Sw3RvE ]
MaluNYMets ]
SHANE23 ]

I got the XMB freeze while NOT in game the other night. I was replying to a message and I couldn't exit' date=' I had to shut the system down.

[/quote']

people already do that on socom with text messaging.

It seems like everyone does this. Too many times I shoot someone with an SD weapon and their guy comes right to where I am and shoots me. :-\

We were in an elim room yesterday with the NUT clan, 8 on one side 2 on our side. Neeley was the last one vs 3 and he was hiding in a GREAT spot, you couldn't see him. All 3 went RIGHT to him!! One of them on our side messaged one on the other team where he was.

If it isn't in game it is Skype or AIM or what ever, there really is no way to police it.

Sw3RvE ]

Remember back when slant six said that they were "working with sony to make a patch" yea that didnt happen... if it did i dont think the game or xmb would freeze when trying to access/send a message!

Actually they did, it was just a small firmware update that added High Quality to the mic settings, but nothing added to the stability of the XMB.

P.S. This update (if real) will rule. Now I can leave sexy voice messages to all my favorite people! ;D You know who you are. ;)

willywonka159 ]
Sw3RvE ]

Remember back when slant six said that they were "working with sony to make a patch" yea that didnt happen... if it did i dont think the game or xmb would freeze when trying to access/send a message!

Actually they did, it was just a small firmware update that added High Quality to the mic settings, but nothing added to the stability of the XMB.

P.S. This update (if real) will rule. Now I can leave sexy voice messages to all my favorite people! ;D You know who you are. ;)

I'm very, very scared now. I need a new IP. :D

willywonka159 ]
Sw3RvE ]

and why would sony and slant six need to work together to make a PS3 HQ mic addition? they dont need slant six to do that shit.