Un-official Official patch 1.41 report

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDBS14 ]

This game is so weird' date=' the problems happen to a certain number of people (seems to be the majority) and it does not happen at all to some. is there like an explanation for that?

I very highly doubt that. The ones who it happens too are the ones pissed enough to make it a point to post it. If it was the majority, the Socom boards would be even more flooded than they are.

So I finally had a chance to play for about 3-4 hours tonight. I only played one game last night. I give the patch two thumbs up.

Menu's navigate much faster with no freezing issues.

The late join game hiccup seems to be gone.

I ended up in gun fights with mk's and m60's alot, and that skipping problem didn't happen.

Most of the general lag problems seem to be gone.

You can tell right where your friends are now.

To me it seems the hit detection is a little better in scope, but that could just be that there isn't as much lag.

To me those were the things making this game frustrating. I say it's a fairly big step forward for /6 based on what we've seen since release. Granted there are quite a few things that still need worked on, including stuff in the manual. But it finally looks like they are going in the right direction. I would assume that now that the major problem is fixed they can update stuff much faster.

BigMoneyNacku ]

To me those were the things making this game frustrating. I say it's a fairly big step forward for /6 based on what we've seen since release. Granted there are quite a few things that still need worked on, including stuff in the manual. But it finally looks like they are going in the right direction. I would assume that now that the major problem is fixed they can update stuff much faster.

my view on the patch exactly. not sure it's majority either, i've had the last couple days pretty open schedule so i've had more game hours in and i've only once gotten a different spawn, and only once (that i remember) seen an enemy spawn in a spot where it's given him any sort of advantage.

Hi, All-

Now that you have gotten a chance to download Patch 1.41 for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, I wanted to give you some updates and answer a couple of questions. I had the opportunity to talk with a couple of our producers and I wanted to share with you some of the things I learned.

First of all, thank you for all of your feedback. The team continues to listen and tries to make improvements based on what you are telling us.

Lag/Latency Improvements

Hopefully, you can see their response in things like getting rid of the late-join hiccups with this patch. In future patches, they will continue to optimize bandwidth usage in the game to improve any further lag/latency problems some of you might be having. We will continue to monitor your feedback on these issues.

It’s also important to remember that your choice of servers in Medley games can make a difference in your lag issues. Playing on foreign servers can increase your lag greatly. It’s important to stick to the servers for your own area. For example, if you are in North America and you play on a Japanese server, you will likely experience more lag. I’m sure many of you know that already, but there may be a few out there who still aren’t aware of it.

Confrontation and Clan Rating

One question that keeps coming up is what happens to your SOCOM: Confrontation rating when you leave a clan? Well, clan rank is separate and unrelated to your Confrontation rating. Your Confrontation rating is skill based and that doesn’t change. Your Confrontation rating is what is used for match making and the leader boards. Only your clan rating changes if you leave a clan. This was a design decision to encourage people to find and stick with their clans. Again, this may be something a lot of you know already. But I am getting a lot of questions about it so I hope that clears things up a little bit.

Spawning Issue

It has been reported that there are now some problems with spawning in random places since the patch. I wanted to assure you that I have reported that and they are investigating the problem. They will try to get you a fix for that as soon as possible

Patch 1.5

I am hearing a lot of you wondering what is next, now that Patch 1.41 is out. Well the team is working on Patch 1.5 already. There have been a lot of changes and additions that you have requested and they are looking to see how much can be done for this patch. So you will see some community requested items. They are also planning for that patch to include the clan ladder and tournament calendar. We will have more information on that as we get closer to release of the patch.

There are more updates coming. Although we can’t release any information on it yet, they are working on new content.

Different Teams

And finally, I wanted to stress to you again that Slant Six is totally focused on Confrontation. They do not run this website. This site is hosted by SCEA, who has contracted with some outside sources to run it. That includes David “Point Man†Brothers. He is a writer that has been hired to give us content for this site. He is not part of the Dev team. I know there has been some confusion about that so I wanted to make sure it was explained now.

It's also already been announced that there will soon be a SOCOM space in Home. I just want you to know that will also be handled by SCEA and will not take resources from Slant Six either.

Once again, thank you all for your feedback. I do read what you have to say and send it on to the team. I will keep sending your thoughts and ideas to them and together, we can keep improving and adding to SOCOM: Confrontation!

Cindy Bowens

Community Manager

SCEA

Slant Six.. think they're finally getting it right. The new patch has fixed that lag so much, it makes this game enjoyable to play. Even the random spawning doesn't kill the fun like other patches would destroy it. I'm looking forward to the next patch, whatever it may be. Just..

Undertow ]

Page seven-f*&king-teen.....................................PLEASE....................

Oh and Irish, I love you so much for not being like the Killzone 2 whores and making 19 different topics ;)

I spawned in a random spot three times yesterday on three different maps, usually your allready holding the run button down while the screen is still black. So by the time you figure out exactly where you are, get done saying to yourself "where the eff am i at?", and get your bearings there really isnt any advantage.

KIutchest ]
HippieChik ]

Socom is DEAD! ;)

you sir are right :'( :'( :'(

LOLOLOLOL.

Or maam?

I have to admit, the gameplay is very smooth now. I'm used to playing it like maxx payne with the slo-mo frame by frame effect. My aim was way off last night because of it. i might have to turn the sensitivity down. I did spawn as a merc on urban wasteland control, up on top of the balcony on the seal side. They were surprised to see me waiting for them as they came out of their spawn. Grinder kept spawning with the mercs at their samll spawn on xroads.