First Class flight Technicality FAIL..

Alright so get this..

I had a flight this morning w/ the wife. we were flying first class on american airlines to miami. (Wifey works for them so we fly for dirt cheap)

To fly in first class as an employee one has to dress properly. So I was wearing a nice buton up shirt, some jeans, and shoes.. You know casually dressed up.

They're like, sir we can't let you in first class if you have jeans on. (Even tho I was pretty proper looking)

So then I asked the staff, if I could change, and they said yes.

They let me on board wearing some extremely wrinkled ass cargo pants with torn bottoms...

I don't know about you guys, but to me that's a massive technicality FAIL.

Because the rule states no jeans, subpars substitute standards apply..

I was greatful that they let me on, but I think its stupid that I wasn't allowed with a good pair of jeans, but was with a horribly horribly wrinkled pair of cargos that were shoved in my carryon

Eh well..

Still enjoyed first class.

I can understand a company having rules and procedures but at some point a human being has to look at the situation and make the best decision. Kind of like when you go through security at the airport and see a 65 year old lady being forced to take her shoes off like she is going to shoe bomb the fucking plane. lol

TheLastNeo ]

The dumbest fucking part was that the rule was only really enforced because the wife works for them

There was like 4 or 5 ppl who had shorts on..

Go figure.

That doesn't surprise me I can tell you a similar story about Costco.

I bought a 60" projection TV from Costco a while back. A couple weeks later they dropped the price by $150 bucks. So I asked nicely can I have my $150 dollars like you would give to any other customer? They said no so I loaded up the TV (which was roughly 2 weeks old) I had at home took it to the store returned it for the price I paid for it since I still had the receipt for it. Turned around and bought a new one for a $150 less. I got a few dirty looks but my response was wouldn't it have been easier to treat me as good as you would any other customer. The best part is they had to sell my 2 week old TV as a floor model and at a big discount.

Watch it....

Do as you are told, or you won't be rewarded.

Wonder how cocky the airline industry would be if they were supported by taxpayer money?

But here's a funny airline story.

I was flying from California to North Carolina. The plane was packed, and I thought it was great that the only empty seat on the plan was next to me. Until 450 pounds of walking flab came up the aisle. Yep, sat down between me and the guy on the window. Immediately, I'm pressed against the arm rest on the aisle side as flesh over runs my perimeter. I'm about to get off the plane and say "fuck that". They close the door and we start to taxi. We take off, and by the time the seat belt sign goes off, I'm in real pain from being pressed against the out arm rest. The stewardess comes by and say's I can't lean out in the aisle like I'm doing. I say "lady, does it look like I have a choice?".

So I saw screw it, I get up, I'm flying to North Carolina standing up. I go to the rear of the plane, at first the stewardesses are aggravated that I am there. After their first run, a stewardess comes back and reports Mr. Two Tons of Fun have taken over both seats. After the meal run, the stewardess reports that Mr Moby Dick had asked to have the meal for the seat I was sitting in. Now I'm in good with the stewardesses, we are all laughing about it and making jokes. A stewardess offers me a beer, I say "it's 10:00 am", she say's "it's 1:00 pm in North Carolina", and I say "good point, give me a Bud". So I spend the rest of the flight standing up in the stewardess station drinking free beer and poking fun as the guy who is now sitting in his seat and my seat at the same time and is pissing off the stewardesses each trip. I go back to my seat as we approach, the stewardesses let me stay standing until the last possible moment, and I had to go back to my seat and bulldoze the flesh mountain back into one seat.

After we landed, I complained. I was told by the airline people that they couldn't violate his civil rights. I asked about my civil rights and the right to use the seat I paid for. It appears I don't have any civil rights.

At least I got a funny story out of it..... :P

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

the golf course is funny goat...i visited a rather expensive course in regular jeans, and was quickly asked to leave due to a "no jeans" policy. i went to the car, got my suitcase, and put on a pair of identical jeans, okly black in color. i walked in, played 18, and then sat in the clubhouse for 3 hours.