Alec Baldwin the congressman?

CNN REPORT -- As speculation continues to swirl over Sarah Palin’s presidential ambitions, the equally colourful and controversial co-star from her Saturday Night Live appearance has announced he too may seek public office – from the other side of the political spectrum.

Alec Baldwin, the outspoken and famously ultra-liberal Hollywood star mercilessly sent in the puppet satire Team America, has been rehabilitated from the showbiz dead by his scene-stealing role in US television show 30 Rock and has now put word out that he is seeking a seat to run for Congress in 2012.

Baldwin, whose political entanglements include blogging for the Huffington Post and repeatedly tangling with Fox News attack-dog Bill Reilly, told Playboy magazine that he was looking for an opportunity to run when his 30 Rock contract ends in 2012.

“The desire is there, that’s one component,†he told the magazine. “The other component is opportunity.â€

Baldwin has already ruled out offers to run as a governor in Ohio or California. “But I would have to live in California. And who wants to live in California?†he asked.

Asked if he would be qualified for such a race in any case, he quipped: “That's what I hate about Arnold Schwarzenegger. His only credentials are that he ran a fitness programme under some bygone president... I'm (Alexis) de Tocqueville compared to Schwarzenegger."

Baldwin said that his fantasy opponent would be Joe Liebermann, the former conservative Democrat from Connecticut who went independent after losing the party ticket. In the end, however, he conceded that his political ambitions lie in his native New York.

“Here anything can happen,†Mr Baldwin said. “People get sick, die. They’re offered lucrative deals and want to cash in and make money for their retirement. People misstep. Unfortunately, an opportunity for me may mean bad things for someone else.â€

Baldwin knows all about missteps. His failure to curb his tongue has brought him close to derailing his career more than once. Most recently lawyers for his ex-wife, Kim Basinger, publicly released a voicemail recording when Mr Baldwin called his 12-year-old daughter a “thoughtless little pigâ€.

The actor and Basinger were then embroiled in a bitter custody case.

Baldwin’s rehabilitation came courtesy of 30 Rock the show written by Palin-lookalike Tina Fey. Saturday Night Live also gave him the opportunity to share the screen with the real Mrs Palin whom he later called a “beautiful, beautiful woman†and “Bible Spice†while conceding she was not who he would want with her finger on the nuclear button.

Baldwin has not always been so courteous about those on the other side of the political divide. In his Huffington Post blog, he once called former vice president Dick Cheney "a lying, thieving Oil Whore. Or a murderer of the US Constitution.â€

Of the Republicans driving Bill Clinton’s impeachment, he told Conan O’Brien’s Late Show: “If we were in another country... we would stone them to death and we would go to their homes and kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families, for what they're doing to this country.â€

Baldwin later apologised, and the network explained his remarks were meant as a joke and promised not to rerun them.

His remarks came as another former Saturday Night Live star, Al Franken, was preparing to be sworn in to the Senate after the climax of an eight month battle over the Senate election in Minnesota.

A day earlier, the actor Kal Penn, who starred with Hugh Laurie in the medical drama House took up his new job as a representative for the arts in the Obama White House on a sabbatical from Hollywood. The House scriptwriters gave his character a self-inflicted death to free him up for government service.

Neoblackhound ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Hell yea' date=' why not. ;)

[/quote']

@.@

Could he really do any worse than some of the people that are in that position now..?

Is Arnold doing such a great job that CA would be in shambles if he took over..? (i know he said he wouldn't want to run in CA) But some of these politicians are so far off the mark from what the original job was meant for, that i dont think shaking it up would be a bad thing.!!

Politics have become a joke, & I think anything to shake it up is a good thing. Hell he doesn't need the attention, or the money he's got plenty. ;D

What is it about him that makes you so skeptical..?

Is there something that you feel makes him the worst choice..?

or

Are you just assuming because he is an actor he will be bad.?

Chili-Palmer ]

What is it about him that makes you so skeptical..? He is a baldwin

Is there something that you feel makes him the worst choice..? He is a baldwin

or

Are you just assuming because he is an actor he will be bad.? He is a baldwin

:D :D :D

WAR_PIG ]

Yeah, this is going work. Haha! Like a fart in church. ::)

Thats pathetic.. lol

Here are some replies that i think are very fitting to that video, & the 2nd one shows what a cunt his daughter is, & it might even be fake. lol (dont forget what a biotch his ex-wife is)

when my son does something wrong in consecutive times and over and over and over and over again, What do I do? I YELL AND CURSE HIS FUCKING ASS OUT!!!!

The US is the only country in the world where you´re not allowed to be a parent.

Being overwhelmed by this is retarded!

Dumb americans, Now I can see why your country is so damn full of shit!

God forbid in this country that a parent actually tries to be a parent. Oh no! He is yelling at her!? A girl is being yelled at? Oh my god, he must be a sexist too!
He is right, we cater to the kids so much now they dont learn any fucking lessons.

Neo: that pic is Stephen..

Haha!

I just think his daughter response, which I think it a fake is freaking hilarious and pretty much summed up him perfectly! LOL Who knows about him. I'm not a big fan of him or any of his movies... but look at Al Franken. Same thing there... not a huge fan, no movies I enjoyed my him, although his book; Lying liars and the lies the tell was a hoot and straight up the truth. Eh, who knows? I just don't see Alec being a beckon or well or knowledge, depth or ideals for our country.

I am sorry...How does Alec Baldwin qualify to be a congressman?

How does Arnold Schwarzenegger qualify to be a governor? Still beats the shit out of me. And I hope the Californians are figuring that out too.

Then we have other deucebags like Nanci Pelosi push dumb legislation. Who else doesn't qualify. I am glad that me and my district representative see eye to eye.

Exactly my point.. (i think) Is Nanci Pelosi doing a better job than Alec Baldwin would do.?

Or better than Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing..?

I dont know who Nanci Pelosi is, but my point is that there some very sorry politicians, & if they are going to be bad, give someone else a try, at least people will pay attention to them if they're famous. ;D

Yeah, I don't like Alec that much, but Red... that is what this country is made of, reagualr people helping and doing service to run it. THAT IS America. It doesn't matter who you are... plumber, waitress, business owner, actor... if you see a need to put your ideas and energy into the ring, your allowed to here in America dude. Kind of sad we have to point that out to you. :'(

WAR_PIG ]

Yeah, I don't like Alec that much, but Red... that is what this country is made of, reagualr people helping and doing service to run it. THAT IS America. It doesn't matter who you are... plumber, waitress, business owner, actor... if you see a need to put your ideas and energy into the ring, your allowed to here in America dude. Kind of sad we have to point that out to you. :'(

Thats a little unrealistic there Pig. When was the last time a plumber or waitress ran for any office and won? To get into any office you have to have money for your campaign and it doesn't hurt to know a few people. I don't believe for one second I could ever become president even if I had an amazing strategy for every single platform.

Prane ]

Thats a little unrealistic there Pig. When was the last time a plumber or waitress ran for any office and won? To get into any office you have to have money for your campaign and it doesn't hurt to know a few people. I don't believe for one second I could ever become president even if I had an amazing strategy for every single platform.

Sure ya could little guy! Really, all you have to do is impress a few people that do have money.

Yeah Prane, aside from the whole money thing, which I agree with you on... it IS what this country was built on. It's regular people like you and I who have a chance at being a voice in this country. It's what makes America GREAT!

Although I agree with Red that we have a lot of idiots that have made it into office, it doesn't matter. If he doesn't like it, he should run. LOL That's the beauty, there's no pre-requisite to running. Just some new ideas, some money and a few people you have blown to get in. LOL ;)