Cruise ship tipping...?

Can somebody explain to me what is wrong with this.?

I mean i dont see THAT big of waves, etc. but his thing seems like it tilts over to the right side so far, as if everyone on board & all the cargo is all on that right side. or is it hitting something & its roilling over onto it.?

IDK, it just doesn't seem right to me.

• Directors

Chilli it is because of the direction the waves are hitting the ship... the captain should have turned into the waves...

While I was aboard my ship on a trip back to the base in HI... we hit a storm that tossed us around like a rag doll

LOL chili was it to difficult to read the title of the video :P

"Cruise Ship Getting Tossed Around By Huge Swells"

The wind and swell combination are what is pushing it. That's why most cruise ships won't sail in storms. Ships like that are best in calm waters.

You should watch Deadliest catch those guys get Rocked.

Shane ]

Chilli it is because of the direction the waves are hitting the ship... the captain should have turned into the waves...

While I was aboard my ship on a trip back to the base in HI... we hit a storm that tossed us around like a rag doll

absolutely correct the ship is dead in the water meaning no engines or power they are under complete control of the storm ships can easily be bullied like that in that position by decent size waves.. like he said ships are meant to "jog" the waves that ship most likely got hit By a rogue wave knocked out its power to the engines and became the oceans bitch ;)

Crusty_Demons ]

LOL chili was it to difficult to read the title of the video :P

"Cruise Ship Getting Tossed Around By Huge Swells"

The wind and swell combination are what is pushing it. That's why most cruise ships won't sail in storms. Ships like that are best in calm waters.

You should watch Deadliest catch those guys get Rocked.

Yea i can read.. lol

It doesn't tell me why it practically tips 90 degrees one way & not the other though. Its as if it has been pushed against something so the deep bottom of the boat hits something underwater so it cant tip that way as far.

IDK, looks crazy to me. I dont think i could ever sleep on a boat ever again. lol

BigMoneyNacku ]

You are coast guard, Lucky? Two of our members are coast guard, and another is joining up. We had another that stopped playing.

Chili-Palmer ]

We have a clan member in the Coast Guard also.. he is out on ship for another month or so.

yea im a coastie ast stationed outside boston and hippie chick non of those garbage horror movies are even a possibility of happening cruise ships are always being watched and there tracked 24/7 your in safe hands even if it does flip over

HippieChik ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

... hippie chick non of those garbage horror movies are even a possibility of happening cruise ships are always being watched and there tracked 24/7 your in safe hands even if it does flip over

Thank you for the "insider" info. I feel better now. :)

not really insider =) but ur in safe hands when ur in the water :police:

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
HippieChik ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

... hippie chick non of those garbage horror movies are even a possibility of happening cruise ships are always being watched and there tracked 24/7 your in safe hands even if it does flip over

"insider" = Someone who knows the real deal. ;) Thx!

HippieChik ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
HippieChik ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

"insider" = Someone who knows the real deal. ;) Thx!

;D