USA Vs Canada Hockey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CANADA CANADA CANADA!!! You guys have no idea how much this means to everyone in our country. I've never seen so many people just flood the streets and so many cheers and car horns! Hockey is our game!!! 14 golds for the most ever by a country in the winter Olympics!!!!!!!!! ;D

Well played U.S.... I was at work and having to go into the inmate areas to watch the damn game! I kept hearing inmates scream whenever we scored so I was pumped! They kept banging on their windows and letting me know when we had scored. Then the last second goal by the U.S. pushing it into overtime was a nail biter! We actually had two punch outs in my area leaving me with loads of paperwork... but I took my dinner break and watched the final overtime period and the fantastic finish with Sid the Kid! Again, well played America, it was a pleasure... 8)

Congrats Canada. That was a great game. I'm not a huge hockey fan, more of a casual fan, and that game had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. They couldn't have scripted a better gold medal game. It was a good Winter games this year. More heart than I've seen in a few years.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Congrats Canada. That was a great game. I'm not a huge hockey fan, more of a casual fan, and that game had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. They couldn't have scripted a better gold medal game. It was a good Winter games this year. More heart than I've seen in a few years.

Exactly.!! I'm almost a Hocky fan now.!

It was a GREAT game, and congrats Canada on PWNing the 2010 Winter Games. ;D

FYI.. Here is a table to see who has the most all time medals in either Summer, Winter, or both (over all)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table (you can re-order it anyway you want)

Of course USA owns over all, but i was surprised to see a lot of things. lol

- USA is 2nd to Norway in total medals in Winter Games. (Norway FTW)

- Great Britain, France & Switzerland have been to 47 games, & USA only 46 (we missed the 1940-44 cuz of WW2)

- USA Absolutely dominates the Summer Games. (Soviet Union is 2nd with about half the medals. lol)

I guess none of the other big "competing" countries have much for summer activity.

Chili-Palmer ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I guess none of the other big "competing" countries have much for summer activity.

Activity? Or as big a budget dedicated to producing medal winners? Theoritically, China should win each and every medal in every event, if they were to spend as much as the US does on it's athletes. China does have the largest population and it stands to reason, they would dominate if it was a top priority for them to do so. But that's just my theory. 8)

So in theory Canada spent more money on these games than anyone in the history of the Olympics.!?

or

USA spent less than normal.?

or..?

Is Activity a bad example/word for what i meant.?

I meant activity as in the USA has nice weather longer than a lot of the big competing countries & more people doing active things. lol

Obviously there are some countries that have lots of nice weather & are able to do these activities also, but lack the motivation, or means to do so. (money would be one of the "means")

Chili-Palmer ]

So in theory Canada spent more money on these games than anyone in the history of the Olympics.!?

or

USA spent less than normal.?

or..?

Is Activity a bad example/word for what i meant.?

I meant activity as in the USA has nice weather longer than a lot of the big competing countries & more people doing active things. lol

Obviously there are some countries that have lots of nice weather & are able to do these activities also, but lack the motivation, or means to do so. (money would be one of the "means")

I don't think you can argue that the U.S. spends the most per capita on its athletes. You dominate most athletic events world wide. Talented athletes, yes, but the money spent on producing those athletes creates a strong argument in favor of the money game. Winter Olympics are our bread and butter, we are a Northern Country obviously. When the summer games come, I'm sure we won't be in the top 15 medal wise.

Sports more important in America....than CHINA?!

OK, you both have GOT to be shitting me. Did neither of you bother to watch the Beijing Olympics? It was STORY AFTER STORY about how China TAKES children from homes as early as age 3 to TRAIN them on the government's dollar to be Olympic athletes!

There was at least 5 heart-warming stories during the Beijing games about how China basically STOLE children, and how the parents were happy for them as they would now get a great education, the best coaches, dorms, food, etc......

China does exactly what Russia used to do. To say that America spends more money/time/care more about Olympic gold than China is just WRONG.

• 3 weeks later...