Interesting Read for UF Clans

Here is my reply to his post:

"Where to begin? That was the question you posed at the start of your thread Dirty. Well may I suggest with stop with your self promoting propaganda.

As a gamer I might of took your post serious if it was not self serving and if it were not filled with biased and unfactual information. You yourself have stated you have not been a member of UF. You yourself have no direct knowledge of anything done at UF and your info is hearsay and biased. It comes from disgruntled individuals with whom felt they did not get a fair shake at UF or ANY OTHER SIGHT FOR THAT MATTER.

In this thread alone you apply that logic with KOH and say they should not be taken serious as it is they that are the problem, but then you go on to then say anyone who has or will claim injustice anywhere else but BOH are factual. Do you not see the failure in your logic.

To me this is a sad attempt to spread propaganda to drive traffic or clans to your site by trashing others. Are you serious? Is that your advertising gimmick? In other words you can not promote BOH and have it stand out on it's own merit, you have to try and once again post biased and un-factual info to make your site look better. Hey if that is the way you have to operate to bring in business, what does that say about your product?

We let our product speak for itself at UF. We let the clans find out first hand. Yes we do end up with disgruntled customers from time to time. All sites have that. Anyone who has ever played in the on-line arena has felt they were mistreated some place or another, they move on and so do we. The one thing I can say is, that while UF is not perfect or any site for that matter, we believe in our product. We believe in our community. So much so, you do not see us having to come to an open forum outside of our home, trying to drum up business by slander ads. Again we let our product speak for itself and our community does a great job of promoting us by word of mouth."

• Directors

As I said to Ace and Shane last night and today:

That is the first Urgent Fury bash thread I actually felt good about after reading. Yes, you all did a great job retaliating and/or standing up for UF... however, I dont think anyone did a better job than he himself in his very first post. Ive never seen anyone set their self on fire so fast right out the gate, it was amazing....

I thank you all... and I thank him.

• Directors

My last post:

You wrote:

One owner of UF commented, and made his statement. Thank you. The main focus on my opinion of UF was why do one thing to one clan, and not the same to another. Be the same to all clans, and follow the rules. That was my opinion of UF. I also talked about the price, and what I think it was worth. There is nothing wrong with that, and I am sure others have thought along the lines, yet don't say anything. UF does not effect me, I do not participate, and therefore I can speak my mind as I do not fear being banned, or my clan removed, or not allowed to be an UF elite clan.

I guess now I can see what UF is about. Since UF was purchased for $6000.00 it has become nothing but an advertising depot for the new owners to make There money back. Banners all over, pop up ads, music playing which is annoying as crap, adverts, adsense, and other means to drive traffic to the forums to get more cpc, cpm, cpv, and whatever else emans to earn a buck.

First off, you continually use the term elite clan... All clans that been accepted into Urgent Fury are on a level field. As for price, you figures are speculation and that is fine, what the site is worth and or paid for is not really anyone's business. You however state that our site is nothing more than pages full of ads... yup we have two banner locations to help offset the cost of running Urgent Fury. Its not cheap, and we are not going to ask our members for donations to keep the site up and running.

You mention pay to play tournaments... yes we do charge a small entry fee for some of our tournaments around $1 per player... that is to offset the cost of page and script design as every TacMap tournament is unique.

You also seem to think we do a lot of advertising, and well we just don't. Word of mouth is our advertising and it works very well.

Our business model seems to be on trial here by your opinion and I decided I would respond to portions of it.

You wrote:

Now this goes back to my main opinion of tournament/league sites, and why I mentioned [KoH. They are an elite clan in UF were this would not be tolerated, and if it did happen likely they would be removed from UF. UF denies a clan from entrance during Hell Week because a member of that clan said a swear word in a public non UF sanctioned room. However; they have a clan over There acting like this in the BOH. Why the double standard.

Your thought process on a double standard is way off base... you keep referring to a clan that was denied entry for saying something in a public room... you should check your source, There is a lot more to a clan not being accepted, now if they were asked to reapply that means they were denied because they lost every match during their week in eval, we do have a requirement that the clan must win a match during their hell week.

As for the actions of KOH, I have yet to understand what your issue is... they have not broken any rules at Urgent Fury... they have done nothing but defend themselves. I actually have a little more value in what they are saying because we had the same issues in BOH last fall with our clan... There is nothing more I hate then when a host clan has not lived up to the rules and states "We are not going to forfeit, I will call the owner right now and just have you removed". Yes that happened to us on two different occasions, one of which I was present at. After that point we pulled our clan out and moved on.

You wrote:

if you want in this league kiss butt, follow rules, give free messages, and act like an angel because if you fart wrong in a public room you could be remove. Wait; get on staff There, and your clan will be safe to do as it wants.

This is just amusing... thanks for the good laugh. And I am still waiting for my massage.

Since we took ownership, we decided to open the doors to many clans that had been ejected by the previous owners much to the dismay of several clans.

We had to eject one clan TNU for promoting their tournament site using our PM system as well as in war rooms during the tournament they were in. It is a very controversial decision we had to make and we accept any consequences. That discussion was put to rest yet you had to dig that up. All that I will say about that situation.

We have suspended another clan for a year for admittance of cheating, and they moved on. We do tolerate a lot more than you lead everyone to believe with your opinions.

As for your statement of the staff, I feel that our 10 staff members may beg to differ... their clans are not afforded any special treatment, if anything they are held to an even higher standard.

There are only a hand full of clans that have staff members at UF... of those only 3 or 4 clans actually participate in tournaments on a regular basis. Even our clan does not participate in tournaments very often.

Of those only one took home the Black Championship Trophy after a 4 hour and 20 minute battle. (Epic I might add)

None of the other clans represented with staff at UF won a tournament. So favoritism is not present at all.

You should also note that no single Staff member is in charge of a tournament, There are always 2 admins assigned and the Directors are always consulted when an issue is brought to the Admins.

I did not mean to turn this post into a debate, but it has ended up as that, I apologize to the Socom Community as this really should not even be brought up here.

On a Side note, we look forward to E3 and the time we will be spending with Sony and Zipper discussing Socom 4 and look forward to getting the community info as Urgent Fury has been here for 6 years strong and we are not going anywhere soon.

Also a special thanks to Playstation Qore's Audrey Cleo featured on our latest podcast.

No response after that one ;D

Wow, what grade is he in again? Bottom line...We are all human and we all make mistakes from time to time. That's how we learn.

However, I've seen these kind of posts about tournaments and clans since I've been playing this game and unfortunately some of the people who play this game are very immature.

The way I was raised, is if you have an issue with someone or something then you deal with it directly. A ten page letter to a public community outside of UF or any of the other tournament sites mentioned seems more like a childish ploy.

I really don't see the point in his love letter. If I wasn't in the UF community and I wasn't involved with a tournament site and I was looking into them I wouldn't base my choice on his ramblings.

Ignore him, he's obviously a middle aged man that has no life outside of creating drama around a video game.