Outside Communication

would somebody please define "outside communication" to me. It has been brought up recently in an evaluation topic, and i would like some specific guidelines on this please. i am curious...

...is it a conference call during a game?

...is it a messenger such as yahoo, msn, or xfire

...is it psn chats

...is it my brother in the room next to me

...is it texts to clan mates

could the staff please give the community a list of what falls under the legal and illegal definitions of "outside communication" so that we are all aware for future events.

thank you

Anything you mentioned but for online tournaments sake this rule is pretty much useless as unless a team admits to it it's technically impossible to prove.

not really sure who the fuck you are cuz you aint bothered to put a clan tag on, so could i please have the definition from someone who knows their ass from a hole in the ground?

I'm obviously not staff but here goes nothing...

I would say any of the above and add to it others like skype and team speak and probably about a thousand other things. The most recent topic that has referenced outside communication is regarding PSN chat. Yes it is impossible to prove but let me set the scenario if you will.

An eval member is one of maybe two left alive he is hiding in a spot watching the bomb and a member of a clan that is in hell week runs for the bomb the eval member takes him down. About 10 seconds later a grenade falls right on said eval members head.

As said before it is virtually impossible to prove but when it happens more than once and you have other things to combine it with the evidence starts to stack up.

Crusty_Demons ]

I would say any of the above and add to it others like skype and team speak and probably about a thousand other things. The most recent topic that has referenced outside communication is regarding PSN chat. Yes it is impossible to prove but let me set the scenario if you will.

An eval member is one of maybe two left alive he is hiding in a spot watching the bomb and a member of a clan that is in hell week runs for the bomb the eval member takes him down. About 10 seconds later a grenade falls right on said eval members head.

As said before it is virtually impossible to prove but when it happens more than once and you have other things to combine it with the evidence starts to stack up.

im not disagreeing with you crusty, and i totally agree with your scenario. what i am asking is for a clear, defined list of violations. if this is going to be a means to disqualify eval teams, then at some point it will also be a way to call losses during tournaments. if i truly wanted to, i could say i felt every team i played in a tournament was using outside communication if i felt i was in a position nobody could find me. i hope you see my point.

as far as this type of communication goes, if my brother and i are in the same clan, and we have 2 tv's in the same room, and that is our only means of game play, then is it illegal for both pf us to play in the same war? i can see his screen. he can turn around and tell me where he got shot from. but at the same time, your telling me a legal member of this site cannot play just because i am that night.

i would just like some clear, distinct parameters set on this type of violation.

xPUDDYTATx ]
Crusty_Demons ]

im not disagreeing with you crusty, and i totally agree with your scenario. what i am asking is for a clear, defined list of violations. if this is going to be a means to disqualify eval teams, then at some point it will also be a way to call losses during tournaments. if i truly wanted to, i could say i felt every team i played in a tournament was using outside communication if i felt i was in a position nobody could find me. i hope you see my point.

as far as this type of communication goes, if my brother and i are in the same clan, and we have 2 tv's in the same room, and that is our only means of game play, then is it illegal for both pf us to play in the same war? i can see his screen. he can turn around and tell me where he got shot from. but at the same time, your telling me a legal member of this site cannot play just because i am that night.

i would just like some clear, distinct parameters set on this type of violation.

I completely agree with you and I think your points are valid and should be addressed. I think this is where the honor part of UF has to come into play. It is a grey area in UF where those of us here who respect the UF motto have to fill in the gap. Being that it is impossible to prove makes things really difficult. This is why we are here though. The clans we are in/lead have to live by this code and not just put on a front for UF wars.

• Directors

Undertow is correct in the most simplest but completely accurate answer. If the game doesnt let you call out a location, its outside communication. EVERYTHING, from a voice call to sitting next to another player in the same room, and looking at his monitor, is outside communication.

psn chat

votes

phone calls from your cell phone to grandmas rotary

any messenger from aim to blackberry, there are like 30

texts

Voips such as skype

chatboxes

shoutboxes

fourms

your fkn facebook status.......

if you can deliver ANY information to a live player when you are dead, its outside comm, and you are cheating.

**what people missed in the other thread with clan oWn is that our eval guys are pretty damn smart. If they see a possible issue, they are gonna set you up to keep doing it to prove their point.

In my opinion, it all comes down to how much respect you have for yourself. If you have to cheat to win... what's the point of even competing? Clearly you are not good enough nor talented enough to win anyway.

People who cheat do it because the get a false sense of self-worth in "success." It becomes like a drug (technically it is, emotions are just chemicals in your body). Just like sex-addicts. They do it, even if they are ashamed of it, because during that time when they experience the "rush," they get a sense of satisfaction and worth.

However, as a consequence, they live in a false world of self imagined grandioseness. And when that world is shattered or brought into the light, from an outside perspective we see that person as a raging lunatic who isn't conscious of what they are saying or doing. We were given a great example of this recently on the forums here.

The bottom line is, do you want to be truthful to yourself or not? Do you want to live in a self-created false world/perspective? Or do you want to live AND exist in a world of truth?

Personally, I would much rather to win using fair play because after the fact, I know in my heart that I/we deserved to win. The satisfaction of knowing, on that particular day, I/we were the better player/team, is one of the greatest emotion to experience in any competitive game or sport. I remember what it felt like when I was in WOLF and we on the brink of elimination in 141, we won. We earned our first win of the tournament and handed SWFT their first loss. It only made the emotion that much sweeter by the fact that we accomplished this using fair play. That rush of pure ecstasy is overwhelming and so amazing to feel.

If someone is better than me on a particular day, fine. But, I will look into everything possible to improve myself, my talent, my game so that the next time we meet, hopefully, I will get to experience the sweet emotion of a fair play victory.

That is the reason why I play and why I play fair.

For what its worth.. I agree with Tow & Hellraiser

If the dead is communicating to living, you are cheating. PERIOD.

BUT.. (that's a big but)

We currently play in Party chat (xbox), because it is so common & easy to do, & that most clans/people dont trust each other, we just play with it on.

So at the least it is fair for both sides. (if you really want a challenge turn it off. lol)

Much like 3rd person & the ability to look around a corner. You couldn't run a tourney & have the option to use 3rd or 1st, it has to be the same. (As long as it is forced one way or the other it is fair)

Undertow ]

I've always personally liked to keep this very simple:

1: Dead people don't talk to alive people. Period. No talk. No type. No F'n sign language.

2: Anything conveyed through a communications means that is NOT the PS3 headset is wrong.

BEST DESCRIPTION EVER.... IF YOU GUYS DONT GET THIS ,...WELL...

So bottomline Puddy to answer your question is.. IMO

Yes if your brother is sitting next to you, & he looks at your screen he is cheating, but it doesn't mean he cant play. ;)

But we all have that situation come up often where we are in a pretty good spot, but somehow get hit in the nose with a nade or even shot at before they ever turn the corner. lol

There are aim bots out there that allow for it without any way to see or prove it, unless you are looking at that persons screen. So you either chalk it up to lag (on either end), really bad luck, or cheating. :-\