UF clan recruiting - Getting new clans to play here

I was just wondering what UF and other clans are doing to recruit clans for COD/SOCOM tournaments here?

I've been posting on IW clan forums. And I have made the following video and am currently in the process of contacting youtube commentators. Again, I am talking about getting new clans to play here at UF... not recruiting members for your clan.

Prizes have varied over the years. For a long time, the only prize was braggin rights. A TV was given one time, dog tags, shot glasses. As for future prizes, you'll have to wait and find out. :-X

cBF only recruits in-game. I could care less what your K/D and stats are, I need to play with you. We are a tight group that is more of a family, and we tend to recruit guys that fit in. Anyone can get better at any game, but you can't always get an ass to change his ways. ;)

I was part of another clan a long time ago when Redoctober stopped by our forums and told us about a tournament here. That's when we signed up and became a part of this community. Later on, I started another clan (my current one) and came here and applied for hell week as soon as we got everything together. Me and my clan are very happy here and have every intention on staying here as long as they keep offering tournaments for us to play in.

As for promoting UF, I think opening up a youtube channel would be a very good idea. Tournament games that people record could be uploaded there so other gamers can see the type of tournaments that are played here. It would be another means of advertising UF on the web. Also, like Redoctober did a long time ago when I believe he was staff here, UF should have a staff member just go around to forums and post about here. It's an effective way to get clans to come here. Starting off at a place like the CoD forums would be a good starting point for collecting URLs of clan's forums where UF could be advertised at.

I prefer finding the random gem in game over any other alternative. Not to sound gay or anything but I think the best gem I've ever seen join a clan was when WP prior to the LPK merger found makeyableed one night. Using forums and online sites is fine but it requires much more weeding through as opposed to in game which requires patience.

TheCaracarn ]

Umm... I'm not talking about recruiting members for our clans... I'm talking about getting new clans to play at UF... Maybe I will change the title...?

I do not know with COD, but with Socom, there was a time when UF was swamped with apps, however alot were turned down. Gamebattles being one reason why. If you go to the socom forums you will see all people talk about is who is the best at GB..... I rem this clan *EA ( I believe) were denied here once and to this day still talk smack about UF whenever they get the chance....

I myself believe it is hard to find clans for UF because we do not allow cheating or foul play.....

TheCaracarn ]

Umm... I'm not talking about recruiting members for our clans... I'm talking about getting new clans to play at UF... Maybe I will change the title...?

I'm talking about for my clan and UF.

Pre-Confrontation disaster, playing in public rooms, you'd always end up running into guys that are cool. If so, hit them up with UF if they are cool, or your own clan if they are tagless. All of the other methods are fine and work well also, but you will end up dealing with people like the aforementioned EA* clan. ANYONE in UF that played with those guys for 5 minutes could have told you they were not UF material. ;)

Ways to recruit clans to UF.

A) When playing on Socom or Call of Duty against another clan in a public room and they seem cool, have them stop by urgent fury and tell them to put in an app. If they turn out to be good for UF they will be in, if not that's why we have hell week, to weed out those who don't fit.

B) How about when a clan does sign up for hell week, they can put down who or which clan referred them. At the end of the month or months the clan with the most referrals wins a small gift from UF.

C) Go out and try to get back some of the clans who left UF for one reason or another and haven't seen the new ways things are ran here.

D) Talk to some other gaming website about a cross promotion, kinda like a U.S vs World thing. If both sites have the same basic ideals of fair-play and non-cheat I think it would be cool to have clans facing off from different leagues to prove where the competition is strongest. I mean lets face it there are a limited number of clans that fit the ideals of UF and other such sites and its kinda stupid to keep them apart. So if somehow we can get everyone together then everyone wins.

more to come when I have a minute to think......

Ways to recruit clans to UF.

A) When playing on Socom or Call of Duty against another clan in a public room and they seem cool, have them stop by urgent fury and tell them to put in an app. If they turn out to be good for UF they will be in, if not that's why we have hell week, to weed out those who don't fit.

B) How about when a clan does sign up for hell week, they can put down who or which clan referred them. At the end of the month or months the clan with the most referrals wins a small gift from UF.

C) Go out and try to get back some of the clans who left UF for one reason or another and haven't seen the new ways things are ran here.

D) Talk to some other gaming website about a cross promotion, kinda like a U.S vs World thing. If both sites have the same basic ideals of fair-play and non-cheat I think it would be cool to have clans facing off from different leagues to prove where the competition is strongest. I mean lets face it there are a limited number of clans that fit the ideals of UF and other such sites and its kinda stupid to keep them apart. So if somehow we can get everyone together then everyone wins.

more to come when I have a minute to think......

Didnt someone try [D] once? I rem someone saying that UF and CT should have their top clans go at it(back when CT was around)

when you met a good clan online, dont try to fuck them the first night. try to make out with em first...

1. find a clan in a random pubby room. it takes a while, but it eventually happens

2. invite them to YOUR clans site, and challenge them to a clan battle.

3. after the battle, win or lose, if they were respectful and honest THEN drop urgent fury on em. let them get to know you and your clan before you introduce them to the community. sell urgent fury by selling yourself!!!

This is a bit off topic... but would be a great way to get videos to you (whoever is in charge of UF's channel).

Dropbox

http://www.dropbox.com

It is free. You get 2GB and can earn more if you get referrals for new accounts (even if they only get a free one). All the video admin would have to do is download the videos from dropbox, then upload them to youtube.

LegitGamingUnion, who I also sent the video to, does this. They upload video commentaries for aspiring directors looking to make it big time with places like Machinima.

They also require you to put bookends on your videos... see: (watch the first 8 seconds)

If someone could make a bad ass intro clip like that to put on our vids that would be great! Maybe get Commander Fury in on it too!

I was thinking about doing a highlight of some of the footage we've got from themed nights. UF, let me know what you want to do if you want to post it on your channel.

Once you get a solid subscriber base, and a good amount of gameplay, you may want to consider doing some updates there.... upcoming tournaments, results, etc.

It is a delicate thing. We do enjoy some excellent, fun, and clean gameplay here but it does appear that it does come at a cost of having less clans.

Where did all of the clans from Riot Act in COD4 go?

Most are gone, they play on other sites, after the riot act UF had nothing for MW2 for like 2 years.

Also guys EA* is not really a clan, those were just a bunch of mediocre gb players, they werent even the annoying public room stars, 1v1 gb, GoML, 12 year olds you find on the MW2 team ladders.