Finally got my bike back! ( Pics )

Guest MainEvent

• Directors

Thats pretty cool, My first bike was a Yamaha 600. But I have been a diehard Ducati fan for ever. The last bike I had was a '99 996. However, I crashed it like a champ a few years back not used to all the concrete here in Texas.  The urge has returned and I have stopped at the dealer a few times in the past month. Im pretty sure there is a 1098 S in the very near future.

Guest MainEvent

Yeah man, I recently started riding and I thought that the Yamaha R6 would be a good choice for my first bike. I will probably upgrade after some years pass and I get more experienced in riding. I like the Yamaha R1's and them BMW bikes. Ducati's are bad ass but 1098 would be to much for me no matter how many years of experience lol. Insurance on bikes are extremely high I could not believe it. Mines just a 600 and full insurance was 5,000 a year. I had to get liability for 1,000 a year..I was shocked on how much it was.

DeAdLy-InTeNt ]

thats because with bikers that have those crouch rockets keep driving like idiots.  More and more of them keep turning into piles of pink goo on the roads. especially here in Florida where allot of wear shorts, shirts, and no helmits.

You can't save people from themselves.  If they choose to be stupid, you can't do anything but stand back and watch.

I know, I've been stupid enough for plenty of people.  I'm lucky to be alive now.  Over the handle bars I went at 55 mph, no helmet, short sleeve shirt, and blue jeans.  Lucky for me I was on a dirt road.  I even got up, beat my headlight down so it pointed towards the road and went on to my destination like nothing happened.  Oh to be young and stupid again... a fall like that today would kill me for sure now.

But now, I ride like everyone else on the road is trying to kill me, and most days they prove me right.  But I'm smarter now.  Been riding again since 2001 and the only part of my current bike to touch the ground has been the tires.

HogWild ]
DeAdLy-InTeNt ]

thats because with bikers that have those crouch rockets keep driving like idiots.  More and more of them keep turning into piles of pink goo on the roads. especially here in Florida where allot of wear shorts, shirts, and no helmits.

You can't save people from themselves.  If they choose to be stupid, you can't do anything but stand back and watch.

I know, I've been stupid enough for plenty of people.  I'm lucky to be alive now.  Over the handle bars I went at 55 mph, no helmet, short sleeve shirt, and blue jeans.  Lucky for me I was on a dirt road.  I even got up, beat my headlight down so it pointed towards the road and went on to my destination like nothing happened.  Oh to be young and stupid again... a fall like that today would kill me for sure now.

But now, I ride like everyone else on the road is trying to kill me, and most days they prove me right.  But I'm smarter now.  Been riding again since 2001 and the only part of my current bike to touch the ground has been the tires.

Yep, I watch my buddy hit another bike in the rear, go over his handle bars, the bike went end over end and he landed on the road. Broken femur, compound fracture of his forearm, and severe road rash. All this because he was driving like an idiot and another bike in front of him slammed on his brakes because his precious Oakleys flew off his face. Another idiot doing about 90mph, which caused his glasses to fly off. I watched all this from about 100 yards back because they all left me in the dust because I was just cruising along. Its all about being smart and responsible.

• Directors

^^^^ lol look at homer freehanding. Too bad matt didnt have him stringing, that would have been crazy

• 9 months later...