Last Stand Nade BS

If this is a known and documented flaw in the Game then why is it not addressed ?

How many Games have been effected by that? I don't see it as a Cheat but a unknowing occurrence. If a person does it over and over then it's a cheat.

During the heat of battle your trying to throw a Stun you die and a Nade pops out if you have Last Stand Perk and your in a private match.

It happened to us tonight. And then my Team Loses Focus or care when they know there is no way they can Win the Match.

I don't mind losing Fairly but not to BULLSHIT!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the "Last Stand" glitch is annoying. Considering that there was no official ruling on it, I saw "Last Stand" as a BIG RISK. My team completely eliminated the perk to prevent from any accidental nade kills.

I also warned as many as possible because I personally HATE winning matches off of gernades DQs. Out of all of our games, we only had 1 game with a nade infraction (both for and gainst us).

But the rules are the rules and all you can do is remind each other and PRAY no nade kills happen.

MarauderHD ]

If this is a known and documented flaw in the Game then why is it not addressed ?

How many Games have been effected by that? I don't see it as a Cheat but a unknowing occurrence. If a person does it over and over then it's a cheat.

During the heat of battle your trying to throw a Stun you die and a Nade pops out if you have Last Stand Perk and your in a private match.

It happened to us tonight. And then my Team Loses Focus or care when they know there is no way they can Win the Match.

I don't mind losing Fairly but not to BULLSHIT!

After all the talk about this issue, I wouldnt let this be an issue by not using last stand. It was your teams choice to use the perk. Im not saying it is a good thing, but other clans dropped the perk so they didnt take the risk...kinda like an insurance policy.

If I dont get health insurance and I get hospitalized, Im pissed.

If I buy the insurance and pay $500 a month and never need to claim anything...well Im happy but also pissed about the wayste right? Sorta the same.

But thats just my 1/20 of a cent.

It works with all 3. Flash, stun and smoke.  After this issue came up, I made sure that we ourselves tested it and confirmed it on all three.

After all these infractions and confirming it to be true, we banned the use of the last stand perk. We deemed it to be foolish to play russian roulette.

-Rooster- ]

After all the talk about this issue, I wouldnt let this be an issue by not using last stand. It was your teams choice to use the perk. Im not saying it is a good thing, but other clans dropped the perk so they didnt take the risk...kinda like an insurance policy.

If I dont get health insurance and I get hospitalized, Im pissed.

If I buy the insurance and pay $500 a month and never need to claim anything...well Im happy but also pissed about the wayste right? Sorta the same.

But thats just my 1/20 of a cent.

I don't agree with this reasoning or analogy whatsoever ! First off this isn't insurance where anyone is paying or buying into. It's a rule and can be altered easily to make things a lot smoother. Obviously the last stand perk is something that can cause a glitch in the game. Suggesting to clans to "not use it" isn't practical and efficient, IMO. Amending the rules to say you cannot use it is. Again, this is all to cut down on controversy and eliminate issues from arising during matches ... which I think is what most here want.

We really didn't understand the issue. I saw the clip earlier about it but didn't think about it. Then tonight I sort of learned and saw it the hard way.

I'm always so excited all day about the match And then to Lose to BS. We try and get our players ready all week and they know not to throw Nades.

Like in tonight's War the Match was real close and we were actually up when the Nade happened. And then you notice your guys start to not try as much because they lost.

But really it wasn't the Guy who dropped the Nades faught. He didn't know about the Game Flaw.

And Technically he didn't throw a Nade he threw a cooked stun. We all now know this at least the ones that read this.  And it's not against the rules to use Last Stand.... Although I guarantee we won't in future.

I think suggesting to other clans to if they want to be "safe" to not use Last Stand doesn't make sense. It wasn't a UF Admin or Staff member that posted up that video showing the glitch and wasn't discussed amongst everyone as a "major" issue where its now coming out to be. Even in the future a clan that has not participated might come in and not see the video or hear about the glitch because the post is long old and will make the same mistake and have to forfeit the match for something they really didn't do. Thats just my opinion.

Wow guys,

I am not a crucible admin, However I do know that this was a discussion in the crucible rep section. If your rep did not tell you about this, Well that is not good at all. The video was posted in public as well, letting teams know about the issue at hand.

What about those teams that it happened to in the first weeks of play that swore that they didn't have martydrone on...... They took the loss because a grenade kill was registered by their player in that war.

Your teams knew about the issue before going into the second war of this week. Most clans decided, Until the issue is resolved (which usually changes to things like this wouldn't happen mid week after the first war) they would just not use last stand. Its absolutely like playing Russian roulette. You know it could happen, but you took the chance.

Take this for what its worth, But don't get all bent out of shape because it happened to you now. Everyone has dealt with some sort of issue because its a new game. Things get adjusted, Let your admins take the time they need to make the right adjustments.

Why would they remove last stand? What about the guys that use their guns when they see someone. That sucks for them.

But by all means chime in and express how you guys would like to see things changed, Red and Seq. will make the best decision for the community. But give them some time to think about it.

I didn't even know this could happen.  I agree that it should be the responsibility of the tourney creators/admins/people running it to address this in the rules, especially if you have a rule that involves no grenade use.

If you are offering a tournament for a specific game, then you are the authority on that game and everyone will look to you to be the authority on that game, to know it inside and out, to address in the rules potential issues that may arise based on how that game is played.

I know this is the first go around and it's a learning process for everyone right now.  Maybe if the participants think of this not so much as a winner takes all tournament but more like guinea pigs testing out a wheel, it won't be so hard to lose over something like this.  And in the meantime, UF can hear the suggestions being made or issues being brought to light and modify the tournament so that things like this will not be an issue in the future.  (BTW, I know UF DOES listen to and consider the community's thoughts and opinions, but not everyone in the community may know this.)

Guest [OHM]_contract_

I am not in this tourney but I believe the last stand issue is just that, if you choose the last stand with grenade options, it is not the kind of grenade you have in your arsenault, the last stand grenade is always a real grenade and it is an extra wich you cannot alter. It is meant to be a killing grenade. just stick to other pirks and make it all NON-grenades period.. flash, stun and smoke are the options you can choose, so just choose them and not the last stand grenade thing....

I might not be 100% but that is just my take on it.

IMO, it would have been hard to come up with a ruling for something like this overnight. To completely ban the perk could have been seen as over doing it, as some people still used it, and just didn't throw and stuns/flahes or smokes.

Some people still sucessfully used the perk with no problems. The team we faced had it, but yet it was a clean game all the way around.

Right On,

You are right hippie, We should and are addressing this issue as we speak. But not wanting to go over board and deal out the wrong choice for action, it may take a day or two to get it solid.  Whatever the situation turns out to be, It may only be for playoffs as UF always evolves to a better arena then it has ever been.

I tried to test this last night on 360, but only managed to screw it up. :) Ill try again tommorow. Tonight's taken already.

Tha-Truth is absolutely correct. We don't wanna take it to an extream.

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

The issue is new from the creators & admins as well. Even APC took a loss (DQ) from this during our war earlier this week. Everyone has been affected by it, and while I can see where you're coming from Marauder give them time to make the proper adjustments.

APC as a whole decided to not use the last stand perk just to be safe. We'd rather win/lose knowing it wasn't by default, but because we outplayed the other squad or they outplayed us.

Rooster, thanks, but as the CRUCIBLE ADMIN..I will take over from here.   ::)

I guess I must adress the fact that I am some what unsure of the ability of the Clan Reps handling some of these clans. With the countless posts, even video footage, I find it very difficult to understand why some of you would risk using last stand when there is the possibility of forfeiting the match. As a CR the first thing I would have done is made certain that my clan GOT RID OF THE PERK ALL TOGETHER!! And if the person that has been designated as your clan rep, didn't inform you of the problem, again, that is not OUR problem. Being a CR here demands time, and dedication to these forums on a DAILY basis.

What would have have the creators/admins do? This is a bug, that is out of our control. Its the same with the grenades. You know its there on the R2 button, and some chose to throw it, so as to eliminate the risk of killing someone later. Yet we arent asked to adress THAT major issue.

So, with that information, you may use the last stand perk, but KNOW that the flaw is there. Now if you choose to use it, use it with your own judgement. For if you DO use it, same with the grenades, and someone dies, you WILL forfeit the match.