OFFICIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE PICTURE THREAD!

Y'know, I was looking at those two stars when I was taking the pics.....saw them with the naked eye.

I don't know stars from jack.....but they were the only two out last night and I thought it was cool that they would be in the pic.

Had no idea they were anything special apart from regular stars, though.

Kinda cool.

Undertow ]

Y'know, I was looking at those two stars when I was taking the pics.....saw them with the naked eye.

I don't know stars from jack.....but they were the only two out last night and I thought it was cool that they would be in the pic.

Had no idea they were anything special apart from regular stars, though.

Kinda cool.

Yup, normally the moon's light would make them invisible to the naked eye I believe.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa
Chili-Palmer ]
smokeosama ]

In Tow's picture you can see a rare star (at 12 o'clock above the moon) and Saturn (At 9 o'clock to the left of the moon).

Is no one else going to call shenanigans on this..!? ;D

a rare star? how many have they made? should i invest? lol jk love ya smoky

Chili-Palmer ]
smokeosama ]

In Tow's picture you can see a rare star (at 12 o'clock above the moon) and Saturn (At 9 o'clock to the left of the moon).

Awwww....these are my real pics from last night!

Oh wait....you're still thinking I committed to looking NORTH last night, aren't you.

I was lying, Chili. ;D

boody ]
Chili-Palmer ]
smokeosama ]

shenanigans!

smoke your crazy

Tis true. Saturn was the golden looking "star." (If you had a telescope out that night, you could have seen it's rings.) And Regulus was the bright star. Regulus is the brightest star in the constellation Leo (and the nighttime sky but is regularly occulted or hidden by the moon although not always.)

Chili-Palmer ]

Oh you were serious about those specs..!? (stars)

I thought you we're just making stuff up.

lol yes I was serious.

Undertow ]

Someone from COU just PMed me today saying that the two specs in my pics were pieces of the shot down satellite......?

That's definitely false.

Guest H.A.V.0.C
Undertow ]

Someone from COU just PMed me today saying that the two specs in my pics were pieces of the shot down satellite......?

Well one of the specs, was me trying to generate enough speed to accomplish my invisibility project. Yeah I'm still working on that.

Undertow ]

Doubtful. I was reading about the satellite and the article said that in order to even see the satellite being shot down, you would pretty much have to be on the ship shooting it down. Also, I've read that they believe that the largest pieces of the satellite (after they shot it down) were no more than the size of a football.

Definitely Regulus and Saturn.