POISON IVY HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I need help with getting rid of some poison ivy that is spreading everywhere on me. I've tried everything, the poison removal creams, alcohol, scrubbing it with bleach and a scouring pad, using calamine lotion to stop the itching and this gel made by benedryl that makes you stop itching.

I've got the stuff all over my forearms, lower and upper legs, my stomach, my ass, and now it's creepin in on my crotch.

HELP!!!!!!

Cleanse yourself with rubbing alcohol and as bad as it is DONT ITCH. The more you itch the more it will spread. Then wash yourself with just water. Then take a shower with soap and water. Dont touch your clothes or shoes that you have touched after itching use gloves if you are. How long have you had it for?

MaluNYMets ]

Cleanse yourself with rubbing alcohol and as bad as it is DONT ITCH. The more you itch the more it will spread. Then wash yourself with just water. Then take a shower with soap and water. Dont touch your clothes or shoes that you have touched after itching use gloves if you are. How long have you had it for?

I've had it since last Tuesday. I guess it does make sense that I use the same boots and gloves to do yard work in the past week. I'm gonna toss the gloves and soak the boots in some shit. I haven't touched the same clothes and all my bedding has been cleaned daily, it's been pissing me off that it just keeps spreading, especially after scrubbing twice with the bleach and scouring pad.

The itchings making it spread. You have the right medicine. Just not to itch. Put the medicine on instead. I used the Campo. And BandAid brand has some out that works real good. It's called Anti-Itch Gel. It burns a little at first but the it cools the area. And the Itch is all gone for a little while.

But the rash will go away in a few days.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

ok this is what you do....get in the shower...put the water as hot as you can possibly handle it...after your done washing....scrub the poison ivy REALLY hard with a brillo pad.... that should do it...but once you get out you need to put alchohol and peroxide and lemon juice on it....

crater1 ]

You dont have someone pee on! You need to pee on a rag then ripe it onto the infected areas and let it dry then take a shower the next day. It should dry it up over night if not rinse and repeat.

if you say it'll work I'll do it lol I'm not looking forward to crawling into bed and smelling like piss

and I tried the brillo pad thing, but I used bleach instead cause bleach kills everything

All skin that has been in contact with the plant should be thoroughly washed with soap and water. It is most important to remove and WASH all contaminated clothing, since once the irritant oil is on the clothing it can spread to other parts of the body. Alcohol can then be used to neutralize any oil left on the skin or clothing.

P.S Severe cases may require treatment for shock...Good luck D, just don't rub one out!

ok man at this point you need to see a doctor. we all have breaking points and rashy crotch imo has to be one.

you've done the home remidies and the shit aint working its just getting worse. You are having a pretty sever reaction and need medical intervention at this point.

-Wu-Mrs.D.D. ]

ok man at this point you need to see a doctor. we all have breaking points and rashy crotch imo has to be one.

you've done the home remidies and the shit aint working its just getting worse. You are having a pretty sever reaction and need medical intervention at this point.

I'm going to call and see if I can get an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. And perhaps the recent hospitalization because of my Liver is why I'm having such a bad reaction :-\

I tried the urine method tonight after my shower, hopefully it'll work some magic before the morning starts I'm still going to see my doc even if it does.

The best approach to poison ivy dermatitis is prevention. Once it begins, the rash will usually clear on its own by 14-21 days. Treatment is directed at controlling the itching. Oral antihistamines (like Benadryl) may help the itch somewhat, but often do no more than make people drowsy. Cortisone creams, whether over-the-counter or by prescription, are only helpful if applied right away, before blisters appear, or much later, when the blisters have dried up. Compresses with cool water or Burow's solution (available without prescription) can help dry ooze faster.

When the rash is severe, such as when it affects the face or causes extensive blistering, oral steroids (for example, prednisone) help produce rapid improvement. This course of therapy should be maintained, often in decreasing doses, for 10-14 days or even longer in some cases, to prevent having the rash rebound and become severe again. Patients who are given a six-day pack of cortisone pills often get worse again when they complete it, because the dose was too low and kept up for too short a time.

Folklore, medical and otherwise, endorses many other agents, from aloe leaves to tea bags to meat tenderizer. These remedies are generally harmless, but are of questionable value.