YLOD - Yellow Light of Death..!?

Honestly stuff is going to fail. There are always going to be instances where the failure happens just outside the warranty. It happens.

Now we don't know the whole story either with any of those videos. We ASSUME they are telling the truth but we have NO idea if they were messing around with something, if they properly maintained it or if there was an electrical surge. Who knows!?

I would rather pay the $150 for repair then the $4300 for a new engine that blew up 1 month out of warranty and it was properly maintained!

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Yes... This is True it happened to me best bro... It SUCKS i really feel for you Xbox guys that get the RROD... thank god only .2% of the PS3's experience this as opposed to the Xboxs 33%

Well Important fact to keep in, mind for anyone who uses the power switch on the back of the PS3, you should always make sure its in Standby long enough for the hard drive to be done returning to its home position before flipping the switch, If you leave it on and simply Flip the switch, you can damage the hard drive just like any other computer.

X-krazy-X ]

Well Important fact to keep in' date=' mind for anyone who uses the power switch on the back of the PS3, you should always make sure its in Standby long enough for the hard drive to be done returning to its home position before flipping the switch, If you leave it on and simply Flip the switch, you can damage the hard drive just like any other computer.

[/quote']

There's a switch in the back? :P

Guest H.A.V.0.C

yeah

BigMoneyNacku ]
X-krazy-X ]

Well Important fact to keep in' date=' mind for anyone who uses the power switch on the back of the PS3, you should always make sure its in Standby long enough for the hard drive to be done returning to its home position before flipping the switch, If you leave it on and simply Flip the switch, you can damage the hard drive just like any other computer.

[/quote']

There's a switch in the back? :P

lol right?

Guest Live2Reap

I do both and I have never had a problem you just have to make sure that nothing is being saved to your HD when you turn it off or you not only corrupt the data of what you were trying to save you also corrupt files used to save you data which fuks up ur Hard Drive