I bought that NYKO piece of crap fan add-on and the fans wore out in about 2 months...make all kinds of noise!

Just buy a laptop base fan unit...they're usually about $15-$25 and plug into usb as well. I put one under my PS3, on top of my Receiver and DVR. Now I'm Chillin like a villan!

Here's where I got em...http://shop1.frys.com/{+Y-EfH9IQvhac6xVQZtYYQ**.node2}/product/4977051;jsessionid=+Y-EfH9IQvhac6xVQZtYYQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

-Disciple- ]
Neo_Unit001 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

You gotta love how Karma works. Ask Earl aboot that! ;D

I leave mine on ALL the time. If that fugger is gonna fail, it's gonna do it while it's still under warranty.

Yea I'm getting the box in 3-5gays and I gotta wait till they repair it oh g-wiz I guess ill be spending more time at the gym now.

Or your computer lol

Is that possible.? ;D

1: I think it's actually a 60G common problem with the overheating, isn't it? That particular model? I think that's why they discontinued it. My own 60G overheated on me back when, so I now have a 40G.

2: I do not own a fan....however, I DID get some VERY good (and logical) advice on these "PS3-savers." Make certain that you have a fan that plugs into the wall under its OWN POWER CORD....not one powered by the PS3 itself through some USB jack. Basically, all you're doing if you have a USB jacked fan is USING power from the PS3 to cool down the PS3's power USE. A little redundant there. You're making your PS3 work HARDER in order to cool itself off. I think the PS3-plugged-in fans are just plain senseless.

There are models out there that work independently, and those are the ones to get.

3: I also keep mine in open-air ventilation. I don't keep it in a cabinet or anything where the warmth can have a hard time escaping.

Undertow ]

2: I do not own a fan....however, I DID get some VERY good (and logical) advice on these "PS3-savers." Make certain that you have a fan that plugs into the wall under its OWN POWER CORD....not one powered by the PS3 itself through some USB jack. Basically, all you're doing if you have a USB jacked fan is USING power from the PS3 to cool down the PS3's power USE. A little redundant there. You're making your PS3 work HARDER in order to cool itself off. I think the PS3-plugged-in fans are just plain senseless.

UH, Thats how it works under the hood of your car though. And thats how a pc cooling system works.

If the amount of heat made from the powering of a usb fan is less than that wich can be disperced, then it should work.

I bought a 2 year warranty with mine,But if you dont all you do is this and its basically free.Call sony they will send you a box free of charge,send it to them,Then goto WALMART buy a 40gig with your credit card,when yours comes back repaired return your 40 gig back to wallyworld and they credit back your cc. :-X :-X